• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

ff13 disappointing me

AphxA

3rd Level Red Feather
I got ff13 thinking this was going to be the best ff ever. I played throught it for a bit but now i am kind of bored with it. It just seems they got inspiration from call of duty and this concept of "forward progression", The game seems stale. They also seem to have taken out all the exploration and suprises. Has anyone else felt this way?

I got ff13 thinking this was going to be the best ff ever. I played throught it for a bit but now i am kind of bored with it. It just seems they got inspiration from call of duty and this concept of "forward progression", The game seems stale. They also seem to have taken out all the exploration and suprises. Has anyone else felt this way?

I got maybe 20-25 hours in, felt no real desire to play, and sold it.

Apparently around the 10th chapter or whatever (shows how little I cared), you get a bit of exploration, but nothing major.

With the amount of linearity, the game lasted a surprising 50-60 hours somewhere with a friend of mine who kinda rushed through it.

If you are a true FF fan, you can complete it and quit complaining. Its a solid final fantasy game and the developers are experimenting. They would appreciate more feedback than..."I got bored and sold it"

If you are a true FF fan, you can complete it and quit complaining. Its a solid final fantasy game and the developers are experimenting. They would appreciate more feedback than..."I got bored and sold it"

See, that's where you're wrong. Just because they put out a game with a certain name does not mean I should just finish it and not complain, simply because of that.

Besides, your saying that pretty much tells me that the 'feedback' they'd supposedly appreciate should be only positive, simply because YOU would rather not read the negative.

No one has said it wasn't a solid game. People have differing tastes when it comes to games however. This game was pretty, but nothing really grabbed me. I didn't like most of the characters - actually, Sazh is the only one I felt was portrayed in a realistic and likable way. The story was unique, but ultimately, after about 20 hours in, I didn't feel to need to finish through to the end, because I honestly didn't care what happened.

The battle system wasn't too bad, though some fights I thought took an overly long amount of time.

I've been playing FF games since the early '90s, and I played through all of them except for the original 2 and 3 released for the Famicom in Japan that never made it over here, until they got experimental. Final Fantasy XII they basically made into an offline MMORPG with some story, taking inspiration from FFXI which actually was an MMORPG (ultimately not very good due to a terrible billing system, slow progression, demanding party job requirements that sometimes left you sitting around for hours looking for one - and sometimes never getting one, etc.) I had fun for a little while on FFXII, but it went the same way as FFXIII, getting boring after around 20 hours or so in, because I couldn't get into the gameplay, characters, story, etc.

I think at this point, I may just be kinda burnt out on the series. The turn-based battles just don't do it for me anymore. I've turned to more of an action gamer more into games such as God of War, Dante's Inferno, first-person shooters, third-person shooters and the like. Basically, more fast-paced.

I like that the developers are experimenting and trying new things, however, and it's working well enough for them to turn a profit on their games, so all the power to them.

I am looking forward to FFXIV Online, their new MMORPG, which should be fun... I just hope they have a better billing system than with FFXI, this time around.

Anyway... I think that all made sense. I'm off to bed now.

Oh Final Fantasy XIII... I fear as though you may replace FFX-2 as the bastard child of the series...

Of course it is somewhat warranted. I have played, beaten, and own damn near every main FF title, excluding XI and III, and 13 is simply a game that's never going to be entirely easy to swallow. Personally? I enjoy it, beat it, and am working on getting my Platinum on it because I'm a stubborn SOB and only have 5 friggin' trophies left, but that's beside the point.

The game does open up at Chapter 11, but to get there is a 30 hour affair that if you don't enjoy the story, and/or cannot really get into it, there's little chance you'll reach it. I feel like how long it took for the game to be released is its biggest detriment. It's the first FF on the HD consoles so expectations were high, and Square dropped the ball on it. Does it have its good parts? Of course, but its not without its share of flaws. Like X-2... the story made me want to off myself, but I'll be damned if the battle system wasn't incredibly well implemented.

Actually as a huge final fantasy fanboy that has pretty much bought everything from square enix since like final fantasy 1, i think i have pretty much the authority to complain. The game is simplified so that retards can complete it. The last place they need to be influenced from is call of duty. ITs a freakin rpg. Where is my exploration, where are my towns. If i wanted to watch a movie i would bought a movie. You completed it, congratufucklations, you have more patience than i do. Heres feedback:

Want fun, sorry comes at a price tag of 13.99 per month.

Actually as a huge final fantasy fanboy that has pretty much bought everything from square enix since like final fantasy 1, i think i have pretty much the authority to complain. The game is simplified so that retards can complete it. The last place they need to be influenced from is call of duty. ITs a freakin rpg. Where is my exploration, where are my towns. If i wanted to watch a movie i would bought a movie. You completed it, congratufucklations, you have more patience than i do. Heres feedback:

Want fun, sorry comes at a price tag of 13.99 per month.

I'd say you have the right to complain, not authority.

Personally, I enjoyed Final Fantasy 13. It was nice to be able to progress the story, which I rather liked, without constantly worrying that I was missing EVERYTHING. I loved the battle system, it made even the smallest fights feel much more involved and fast-paced. I can only sit and sift through a menu screen for a whole game so many times. It's certainly not the best Final Fantasy, but it isn't he worst. Also, every review for the game anywhere made reference heavily to the game's linear nature, you should check that out so you don't spend money on a game you won't like.

I don't understand your last comment, unless you were talking about Final Fantasy 11, which WASN'T fun.

It's a linear game, but so was FFX but people tend to forget that. It's not the greatest game in the series but I wouldnt say its the worst. I like the battle system, because the fights tend go quicker, which is good for grinding. Yea the whole 9 chapter long tutorial wasn't great but after 12 which was so weak story wise, it wasn't that surprising that 13 was so story driven.

Yeah, i don't think it was the worst in the series, but it was nowhere near the greatest.

For me, the worst in the series are FFXII, FFX-2, and FF8, in that order. I say FF8, 'cause I didn't like the battle system and stuff, but I thought the story was one of the best - unfortunately it was really hard for me to be motivated to push through it all. FFXIII's battle system is kinda fun, but at the same time, not enough for me to sit through the terrible story. :p

If they redid FF8 with its story, and FFXIII's battle system, that would be so badass.

Actually went back to the game and now at chapter 11. I started to get used to the custimazation of the weapons. I dont really have a problem with the crystalium. Its a small grind but the points come fast once you get to grand pulse. Its not my favorite game in the series but i started to enjoy it more once i got past chapter 9.

Actually that's perfect feedback. If they're experimenting, then it shows quite frankly that for some people, the experiment failed. If every 'true FF' fan creamed their jeans over it no matter what, then they would be inspired to keep that new direction. And if it stays that linear, then I'll go with Japan's most popular one, tolerate the DBZ animation, and be a Dragonquest fan. They still stick with the tried-and-true model at least. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. They keep trying to fix FF. Story good, production good...I just want a tad more gameplay than move forward, fight, repeat.

no the problem is they were influenced by call of duty and they took out alot of the exploring seen in rpgs. Its linear but the game isnt as bad as i bitched about.

What's New

5/20/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a moment to say hello to us all!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back