• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Fiesta Bowl: Ohio State vs. Texas

ManOMann100

TMF Poster
What did you guys think? OSU almost had them but they blew it in the end. The failed 2 point conversions would have helped but that really close first down gave the Longhorns the life they needed to finish. Thoughts?

was an alright game .. ohio state did better than i thought they would i thought they would lose by at least 3 scores and they didnt so props to them but i didnt have much intrest in the games i dont like either of these schools

What this game proved:

-USC and Utah definetly deserved a title shot

-Big 12 is overrated (see OU get their ass kicked in a couple days). None of those teams have much of a defense at all.

-Big 10 maybe a little underrated? Northwestern and MSU almost pulled off upsets, Iowa won big, and while Penn State got blown out, they at least put up a fight and minus the second quarter they would have won that game.

-Pryor is never going to be a great passer in college. Heck you could argue he looked better as a reciever then he did throwing.

-Once again its going to be Penn State/Ohio State for the Big 10 title next year. Mark your calendars people.

What this game proved:

-USC and Utah definetly deserved a title shot

-Big 12 is overrated (see OU get their ass kicked in a couple days). None of those teams have much of a defense at all.

-Big 10 maybe a little underrated? Northwestern and MSU almost pulled off upsets, Iowa won big, and while Penn State got blown out, they at least put up a fight and minus the second quarter they would have won that game.

-Pryor is never going to be a great passer in college. Heck you could argue he looked better as a reciever then he did throwing.

-Once again its going to be Penn State/Ohio State for the Big 10 title next year. Mark your calendars people.

screw title shot that should be the title game the desrve it more than oklahoma or florida .... and the big 10 isnt underrated its terrible and the big 12 is a bit overrated and so is the sec.. .and dont count out northwestern for the big ten next year they could suprise ya

Sutton leaves and I believe they have to go to Happy Valley for their game agaisnt PSU. No way Northwestern wins there. And with all do respect to USC and Utah, Florida is better. So one of those teams vs Florida is acceptable, but not both vs each other.

How is the Big 10 terrible? Its pretty much the same 3 or 4 teams (Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, and Wisconsin) every year with maybe a few other popping up every now and then. Granted the latter two of those teams were terrible this year, but whatever. The whole conference was pegged as soft cause of Ohio State getting blown out the last 2 years and then again this year by USC. Nevermind that the previous 2 years Penn State beat Tennesse and Michigan beat Florida, the media honed in on OSU cause they were in the National Title game and cause they laid an egg, they were labeld as soft.

Sutton leaves and I believe they have to go to Happy Valley for their game agaisnt PSU. No way Northwestern wins there. And with all do respect to USC and Utah, Florida is better. So one of those teams vs Florida is acceptable, but not both vs each other.

How is the Big 10 terrible? Its pretty much the same 3 or 4 teams (Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, and Wisconsin) every year with maybe a few other popping up every now and then. Granted the latter two of those teams were terrible this year, but whatever. The whole conference was pegged as soft cause of Ohio State getting blown out the last 2 years and then again this year by USC. Nevermind that the previous 2 years Penn State beat Tennesse and Michigan beat Florida, the media honed in on OSU cause they were in the National Title game and cause they laid an egg, they were labeld as soft.

the conference is soft they get blown up every time one of their top teams plays a top team in the big 12,sec,or pac-10 i think the big ten is the worst big conference in college football they are soft and they dont have a championship game and they end the season to early... take a oregon or a ole miss or a kansas who arent big teams in their conference and put them in the big ten and i would be willing to bet they would dominate and win the big ten..... its just a soft conference

and i dont think florida would beat utah or usc so i dont think they belong in although i do think florida will be oklahoma

Oh that reminds me, I think that the Pac 10 could very well be the best conference in the nation minus the 2 teams from Washington.

Even if they are bad, still not as bad as the Big East. When Cinncy wins your conference, you know you suck. Mizzou almost lost to Illinois and Northwestern, Texas should have lost that game last night, and Michigan State couldn't get out of its own way in that Georgia game. Penn State got blown out, but they lost Evan Royster which contrary to what people outside the program think, he is prolly the best back we have had since Ki Janna Carter (yes better then Tony Hunt, Larry Johnson, and Curtis Enis) and Green, who for some reason the media praises, is a fumble machine. Once Royster got injured, we couldn't run the ball for shit.

See this is why there needs to be a playoff, so we don't have these stupid arguments lol.

Oh that reminds me, I think that the Pac 10 could very well be the best conference in the nation minus the 2 teams from Washington.

Even if they are bad, still not as bad as the Big East. When Cinncy wins your conference, you know you suck. Mizzou almost lost to Illinois and Northwestern, Texas should have lost that game last night, and Michigan State couldn't get out of its own way in that Georgia game. Penn State got blown out, but they lost Evan Royster which contrary to what people outside the program think, he is prolly the best back we have had since Ki Janna Carter (yes better then Tony Hunt, Larry Johnson, and Curtis Enis) and Green, who for some reason the media praises, is a fumble machine. Once Royster got injured, we couldn't run the ball for shit.

See this is why there needs to be a playoff, so we don't have these stupid arguments lol.

the only problem i will have when or if they install a playoff is its only going to be for 8 teams and the people who vote will purposly still keep out utah and boise state and all other mid majors to keep one from getting a chance at the title.... if they are going to make a playoff do it right and make it 16 teams instead of 8

16 would interfere with school which is part of the reason they don't do it now. A lot of the administrators feel the teams would be playing too many games. Eh What there are 6 BCS conferences? Those 6 get in but only on the stipulation that they finish in the top 15 or have 3 losses or less (something like that anyway). Now you got 2 or 3 spots to work with so you can either do the 3 highest ranked teams, or reserve a spot for a mid major with the best record. If you got 2 mid majors in the top 15 with the same record (ala this year with Boise and Utah) have a one game playoff similar to what the basketball tournament does.

So based on that you got:

Florida vs Cinncy
OU vs Utah
Texas vs Penn State
Alabama vs USC

16 would interfere with school which is part of the reason they don't do it now. A lot of the administrators feel the teams would be playing too many games. Eh What there are 6 BCS conferences? Those 6 get in but only on the stipulation that they finish in the top 15 or have 3 losses or less (something like that anyway). Now you got 2 or 3 spots to work with so you can either do the 3 highest ranked teams, or reserve a spot for a mid major with the best record. If you got 2 mid majors in the top 15 with the same record (ala this year with Boise and Utah) have a one game playoff similar to what the basketball tournament does.

So based on that you got:

Florida vs Cinncy
OU vs Utah
Texas vs Penn State
Alabama vs USC

it wouldnt interfere with school anymore than it does now you would only play at most 3 more games and thats only if you went to the championship

Eh its still a legitimate concern. You forget all the game preparation and practice time it takes. I know people who play for other teams at Penn State and they are usually swamped with work because of their tight schedule. They are students first and the Universities have to think about the students academic well being prior to any of this. There will never be a 16 team playoff in college football. 12.....maybe, but not 16.

Eh its still a legitimate concern. You forget all the game preparation and practice time it takes. I know people who play for other teams at Penn State and they are usually swamped with work because of their tight schedule. They are students first and the Universities have to think about the students academic well being prior to any of this. There will never be a 16 team playoff in college football. 12.....maybe, but not 16.

you couldnt have 12 unless you gave buys.... if their going to take the plunge and make a playoff do it right and make it 16 but your right it wont happen... but by 2010 they say they will at least have a plus 1 which is better than what they have now

HA the plus one is stupid. All it is is giving the pollsters another week to vote. Ok so lets say there was a plus one this year. Lets say Florida beats OU. To figure out who is going to play them, you have to pick between USC, Texas, and Utah. No matter who you pick, you still got 2 teams pissed off. So really its only further complicating the mess because you still have the problem of not picking the right teams. The plus one solves nothing and is a joke.

hey does the little sign i put up under the boogeyman in my sig actually say where you live?

Ha, no. Maybe if I lived across the country lol.

And since you can't argue against my plus one argument, I guess I win this round. :D

god dammit its supposed to say near where ever the person who is looking at it is from.. where does it say for u?

Well, anyway...to the topic of the thread....

It was a good, exciting win by Texas. I'm not a fan of the team, but Ohio State is basically my college version of the Cowboys...just my least favorite team. Watching them lose makes me fuzzy. :triangle:

It was a well-played game, though. I do have to give OS props for not geting blown out like many predicted, including myself.

Just to pop in quickly on the other topics, yeah....we need some kind of playoff. The reason it won't happen isn't about school time or anything else. It's just money. Recruiting. Status Quo. That's it.

And, the PAC-10 doesn't get the credit they deserve. The problem is the times they play. Many of these games are on at midnight on the East Coast or something...when most of the voters aren't even watching the game, just the results. That's why USC probably took the worst punishment for their one loss. The only nationally-televised games they played were that one loss to Oregon, and the Rose Bowl...when it didn't mater for voting. Add to that an already-existing perception of the PAC-10 as soft, and there you go. In the bowls? PAC-10 5-0....Big Ten 1-5. Not that I'm a USC fan and sticking up for them, I'm not...just calling it as I see it. At least my beloved Penn State made them earn it...if not for a shitty second quarter, PSU could have easily won that game. But, coulda-woulda-shoulda, huh?

Denver.

And yes I agree with you on teh Buckeyes. Part of me wanted them to win to give the Big 10 some much needed respect, but the part of me that hates anything and everything from Ohio (Browns, Bengals and especially the Buckeyes) throughly enjoyed seeing their fans look so depressed after the game. I have never seen such a psychotic, disrespectful and overall sleeze ball fanbase as they have and its no wonder I hate them so much compared to Michigan. At least Michigan fans are generally nice.

As for the Rose Bowl, like I said, Evan Royster.

Denver.

And yes I agree with you on teh Buckeyes. Part of me wanted them to win to give the Big 10 some much needed respect, but the part of me that hates anything and everything from Ohio (Browns, Bengals and especially the Buckeyes) throughly enjoyed seeing their fans look so depressed after the game. I have never seen such a psychotic, disrespectful and overall sleeze ball fanbase as they have and its no wonder I hate them so much compared to Michigan. At least Michigan fans are generally nice.

As for the Rose Bowl, like I said, Evan Royster.

didnt matter if they had royster the whole game he wasnt doing anything anyway usc still woulda won the only reason it was so close was because usc had such a big lead they started getting lazy

Ha, no. Maybe if I lived across the country lol.

And since you can't argue against my plus one argument, I guess I win this round. :D

the plus one is better than what we have now in college football and yes there will still be arguing and bitching but less.. and its a hell of a lot better than the poor ass system they have now you cant argue that

Heh spoken like someone that didn't watch every Penn State game this year lol. Royster and the entire team was a second half team. I wanted them to control the colock till halftime and if we were withing 14 I thought we'd have a shot then. Royster gets better as the game goes on

Heh spoken like someone that didn't watch every Penn State game this year lol. Royster and the entire team was a second half team. I wanted them to control the colock till halftime and if we were withing 14 I thought we'd have a shot then. Royster gets better as the game goes on

easy to say he was going to get better but fact is fact and he wasnt moving the ball aganist usc and there is no reason to think that would have changed

2008 STATS
ATTEMPTS YARDS TOUCHDOWNS
191 1,236 12

theres royster's stats and the number of those yards that came in the 2nd half of games 587 i wouldnt call that a 2nd half player

What's New

5/15/2024
The TMF Links forum keeps you updated on tickling sites all around the web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back