• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Fight for Net Neutrality

Zephyrin

1st Level Red Feather
Seriously guys, I'm wondering why this hasn't shown up as a thread. I'm tired so I'll probably end up editing this later on. I apologize for a long post, but I feel like it has to be said. Shall we discuss this?

TL;DR without net neutrality, we're not free, its a big deal, Tom Wheeler was a former lobbyist of cable companies, go to links and bottom of this post and help out.

Long Version:

I'm pretty sure everyone in the US has heard the news. For those of you who haven't, this video here will explain (and it is hilarious. Watch it all if you're into funny stuff, especially John Oliver):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fpbOEoRrHyU

Net Neutrality is a big deal. It allows us to do what we want on the internet. It allows us to access any site, despite the cable companies we choose to pick up. Imagine sites censored because cable companies decided to say "nope. We don't like it." Imagine TT not accessible anymore because cable companies said no.

Okay, so lets regard the slow lane/fast lane deal. The FCC has ruled that basically, all websites will be put in a default lane that transmits data at a certain rate (the slow lane). Those who have money can pay for their data to be sent faster (Fast lane). Doesn't sound too bad, right? And there are plenty of you who may wonder why cable companies don't do it now. Truthfully, they have the power to do stuff like that, and many other unethical things. The main thing is that they're waiting to get the LEGAL power to do it. The legal power to cause internet fuckery and put everyone in a slow lane unless they pay for it. All thanks to the FCC and Tom Wheeler, head of the FCC who was a former lobbyist of big telecom, it has already been ruled in favor of it and we have 120 before it is officially implemented to try and stop it.

This is already polarized to big companies because they can actually pay for it and this kills competition. How so? Well, the slow lane will be considered the "standard" lane cuz that's where everyone goes and the government has said that companies cannot prevent people from accessing data. But what if the companies had the legal power to define the standard? Imagine this: TT and TMF slow as fuck because they're run by regular internet users who couldn't pay a price. Imagine it gone because it became too much! All those startups, such as league of legends and facebook would not have happened if this occurred way back when. And wikipedia, the beloved non profit website that has given everyone knowledge of what they want, can fall under this.

WHAT CAN BE DONE

fcc.gov/comments

Eeyup. The FCC has literally opened itself up for comments on this. Already, there are 46000 filings. Tell them to classify ISP's as type 2 carriers. As type 2 carriers under the FCC, ISP's will have to be put under anti-blocking and anti-discrimination notions. You think its not enough? Well we have these two email addresses:

[email protected]
[email protected]

The first one is the work email of Tom Wheeler, who is a former lobbyist of big telecom. That address received so many emails about it that they had to make a second address to receive emails. Email them to demand net neutrality or call for the resignation of Tom Wheeler.

Opencongress.org

Type in your Zip code and you'll find your house and senate reps. Call them and tell them, politely, to classify ISP's as a type 2 carrier. Someone will pick up. Or you can call the FCC and follow these instructions:

1. Dial 888-225-5322
2. push 1, 4, 0
3. a person will answer.
4. they will ask for your name and address. you can just give them a zip code if you want.
5. "I'm calling to ask the FCC to reclassify Internet Service Providers as Title Two Common Carriers."
6. They'll ask if there is anything else you would like to add.
7. "No, Thank you for your time."
8. hang up.

Discussion?
SO ya.....that's it. I'm sorry to fly off the handle like that in a big rant. But lets see. What do you guys think of this ordeal? Anything I've missed?

Thank you very much, Valerie! Really good information.

Also obligatory bump

This affects many sites and services such as Netflix. Netflix was bothered to get that direct connection from comcast's service so that users can get the fastest possible stream. Nowadays, Netflix is getting flack from Verizon for having an error message that essentially says "Verizon connection was crowded and we're changing video settings for better streaming."

Point being, without net neutrality, it'll be a fuckfest by cable companies just because people don't want to watch TV anymore. And all these cable companies may love to see Netflix go down through any form of legal action such as the FCC proposals and what Verizon is doing. Imagine Netflix being super slow and unbearable and then, eventually, gone due to financial pressure. Imagine TT and TMF gone, kissing goodbye to all that beloved content and connections.

I'm not saying it will happen, but if they get the legal power to define a standard (slow) lane and a fast lane, it is a huge possibility.

EDIT: Another possibility that can happen would look like this: http://jointhefastlane.com/

Last edited:
What's New

5/6/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for the webs largest one-stop fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back