• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

For Producers Who Want To Fight Back Against Piracy!

I think it was probably a combination of factors and regardless of that, I for one am happy it is so.

I think it was probably a combination of factors and regardless of that, I for one am happy it is so.

Good night to site 93. Congrats on whatever part you and other producers had in making it happen.

Myriads

I just checked that out after I read this thread. He claims he decided to stop, that it was becoming too hard. I doubt that. I think you guys, the producers, got him. If so, I am very curious to hear this story. Now if only you guys could do something about Dailymotion :s

On the other hand purchasing a video and posting it to a personal website is not copyright infringement so long as one doesn't offer it for sale or for download.

This might be a little OT, but what about the guy that finds mainstream clips and then sells them on his website? Isn't what he's doing wrong? I don't know if he's still around, but I seem to remember that being a thing a while ago...or am I misremembering?

On the other hand purchasing a video and posting it to a personal website is not copyright infringement so long as one doesn't offer it for sale or for download.

False beyond debate! Intellectual property rights law clearly defines personal use to not allow public display, even if you're not selling it.

I think the problem in this forum is that people often express what they think is fair rather than actually experiencing and knowing what the law is.

If it is not copyright infringement to purchase a movie and then post it on a personal website, then do it and send a friend at the FBI a link so he can watch it on your personal site for free too. But post the short version and pack light. Because when they knock on the door for 'human takeout', you won't have much time to pack.

JD

PS: I just can't believe that people still think this is how the world works. A-frakkin-mazing!!!

False beyond debate! Intellectual property rights law clearly defines personal use to not allow public display, even if you're not selling it.

I think the problem in this forum is that people often express what they think is fair rather than actually experiencing and knowing what the law is.

If it is not copyright infringement to purchase a movie and then post it on a personal website, then do it and send a friend at the FBI a link so he can watch it on your personal site for free too. But post the short version and pack light. Because when they knock on the door for 'human takeout', you won't have much time to pack.

JD

PS: I just can't believe that people still think this is how the world works. A-frakkin-mazing!!!

Incorrect. My cousin is a copyright lawyer who has actually argued these cases in court and won. FBI won't show up. They don't really care so long as you do not post it for download. Its all a matter of intent.

Incorrect. My cousin is a copyright lawyer who has actually argued these cases in court and won. FBI won't show up. They don't really care so long as you do not post it for download. Its all a matter of intent.

This is true if you are buying the clip. But almost every producers TOA state that you are NOT buying a clip, you are buying the right to VIEW a clip, and they supply one to you as a courtesy to aid in your viewing. You have not bought the right to share or publicly display the clip, as you don't own it. It's in indefinite loan to you. Posting it is an infringement on the owners copyright, and use.

Myriads

I wouldn't argue with him, producers. Dude's tickled over 300 women. Man knows what he's talking about...

I agree with JD, derk and others. If its a copyrighted title, you have the rights. The pure stream of copyright typically states "unauthorized distribution, sharing, reproduction etc etc ..." is prohibited. Sure sounds like by that definition this is wrong.

JD, those people who think that are really self-entitled and it's quite repugnant to say the least.

This is true if you are buying the clip. But almost every producers TOA state that you are NOT buying a clip, you are buying the right to VIEW a clip, and they supply one to you as a courtesy to aid in your viewing. You have not bought the right to share or publicly display the clip, as you don't own it. It's in indefinite loan to you. Posting it is an infringement on the owners copyright, and use.

Myriads

BANG! Nailed it, Myriads, as did JD. Of course, those who are probably guilty of illegal downloading/sharing will still argue the fact, because they *need* to be right.
That need doesn't change the facts, however.

Yup, all goes back to this unfounded sense of entitlement that some people seem to have.

BANG! Nailed it, Myriads, as did JD. Of course, those who are probably guilty of illegal downloading/sharing will still argue the fact, because they *need* to be right.
That need doesn't change the facts, however.

Myriads

Be very careful with this, guys. I mean that in the nicest and most respectful way possible. If your TOS indicates you are loaning a digital good to an end user in perpetuity, you still maintain ownership of that digital copy. Sounds great to protect your IP, but there are downside risks. Some states statutorily treat digital goods as tangible personal property (hai thar, Washington...), with many others arriving to the same conclusion judicially or through the use of regulation or state TAM equivalents. By holding tangible personal property in various states, you may have opened up your business to both direct/indirect nexus in every state in which you have a customer.

And I don't even want to get into the international ramifications.

But of course, anyone with a business model like this is already filing income tax returns and sales/use tax returns in roughly 45 states, right? Or at least has obtained sufficient tax/legal counsel to assuage such risks.

Of course, I have no idea what I'm talking about and have no professional experience in this area whatsoever. Carry on...

Be very careful with this, guys. I mean that in the nicest and most respectful way possible. If your TOS indicates you are loaning a digital good to an end user in perpetuity, you still maintain ownership of that digital copy. Sounds great to protect your IP, but there are downside risks. Some states statutorily treat digital goods as tangible personal property (hai thar, Washington...), with many others arriving to the same conclusion judicially or through the use of regulation or state TAM equivalents. By holding tangible personal property in various states, you may have opened up your business to both direct/indirect nexus in every state in which you have a customer.

And I don't even want to get into the international ramifications.

But of course, anyone with a business model like this is already filing income tax returns and sales/use tax returns in roughly 45 states, right? Or at least has obtained sufficient tax/legal counsel to assuage such risks.

Of course, I have nohat I'm talking about and have no professional experience in this area whatsoever. Carry on...

LOL I love this so much.

Hey, it's intellectual property, plain and simple. I'll be here to remind those who think this gives them the UNFOUNDED right to then upload/distribute (a clear violation of the license terms stated in every video we make) that there are penalties for it and we'll go after them :).

Door 44 Productions
What's New

5/15/2024
The TMF Links forum keeps you updated on tickling sites all around the web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back