• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

For those that have gotten around...

Zaq!

TMF Poster
Yes, it is a bit of a misleading title, but I was curious to find out... how many of our intrepid 'discussioners' here have had the opportunity to travel throughout the United States and see how everyone else in your country lives?

The only reason I am asking... due to the recent change in the political leadership of the country, there has been mention that we need to readdress the problems of infrastructure of our country, which would no doubt create some jobs.

Having said that... where do you think needs the largest set of improvements in our United States, and, most importantly, when you answer that, please answer this: how much of the rest of the United States have you seen?

BTW, Don't take this as a political ad... I am just hoping this will provoke some discussion...

And for those that are not living in the United States, your thoughts are of course welcome...

Most of my travels have taken to various points in the Northeast, with occasional jaunts to the upper Midwest and the Pacific Northwest. This neck of the woods needs to be less dead and broken down. It's a lot more depressing and boring (and given-up-on) than it needs to be. We're surrounded by mountains, fercryinoutloud! People from major cities pay large dollars to live that close to nature! An economic shot in the arm would be nice, though I would not like to see the current infestation of retail fungus (aka shopping malls) grow any larger. Infrastructure improvements would top my list (picture living in a house that had not been maintained since the 1970's or even earlier).

Apart from that, next on my list would be universal health care and the reinstatement of the regulations and safeguards which were put in place in the wake of the last Great Depression.

I've only visited 5 states - North and South Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama and Georgia. They were nice - the scenery is fantastic, the wide-open spaces are breath-taking, the people are really friendly too.

I flew over Washington DC but couldn't spot any monuments. I also flew over Minnesota - snowy to da max. 0.0 And finally I flew over Chicago at night - it looks like a giant circuit board, how do you not get lost!? XD

Yes, it is a bit of a misleading title, but I was curious to find out... how many of our intrepid 'discussioners' here have had the opportunity to travel throughout the United States and see how everyone else in your country lives?

The only reason I am asking... due to the recent change in the political leadership of the country, there has been mention that we need to readdress the problems of infrastructure of our country, which would no doubt create some jobs.

Having said that... where do you think needs the largest set of improvements in our United States, and, most importantly, when you answer that, please answer this: how much of the rest of the United States have you seen?

BTW, Don't take this as a political ad... I am just hoping this will provoke some discussion...

And for those that are not living in the United States, your thoughts are of course welcome...

i've been around. most notably a small town near Leighighton Pennsylvania, which isn't that different from the south with what i call "Northern Rednecks" tthey both have an amount of teeth you can count on less than 10 fingers, same hard working blue collar, main difference is it's cold as monkey balls up there and the roads and signs up there are horrible.

I have been in roughly 40 of the United States, and also travelled in Western Europe and Japan. The primary deficiency of American infrastructure right now is the horrible state of passenger rail outside of Boston-New York-Washington DC. Even if most people can't afford a few days to travel cross-country, there should be more than one train a day between, for example, Chicago and Minneapolis. Increasing this infrastructure would be a good employment opportunity, and the auto companies could build rolling stock (no worse a problem than converting to bombers in WWII).

What's New

5/14/2024
If you ned to report a post, click the report button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back