• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Fuuuuuuuuck...treasure trove of "vintage" video

quinn65

Verified
So, um...

I've been doing the 16 month Vintage Photo Thread in the images forum for a while now.

In that thread I've posted about 450 images since last Spring, and it looks like I have about 3,200 to go. Methinks it may take more than 16 months.

Anyway, along the way I've been skipping past old video files. Eventually it got to the point where I had to scroll down past the skipped video files each time to select a new image, so I decided to just grab all the non-image files and move them to their own folder to get them out of the way. I thought I might have a couple of dozen.

I have 1,018. :wowzer:

These were downloaded to my computer between 1996 and 2002. They range between 1 second and maybe a couple of minutes long -- maybe 15-20 hours of viewing and listening for the full collection. File sizes range from 17 KB to around 17 MB (maybe about 20 smaller ones are audio only). They're in a mix of old and new formats, but it looks like VLC can handle just about everything.

And I gotta say, they're a blast to scroll through!

I'd love to share them, but I have some questions and I thought this might be the best forum for that.

1. Should I put these in the images forum, like I'm doing with the pics? Will that even work? The thing about the videos forum is it doesn't bump new posts to the front, while images does. I think the videos forum is intended for new producer content in that way, not so much for sharing large collections.

2. Aside from the forums, is there another better way to share these? My tech skills are somewhere between a hamster and a bag of hammers.

3. Any concerns about copyright? The newest stuff here is 20 years old, and I *think* most of it was intended to be shared as previews, but as a producer myself I'd want to take every precaution not to share anyone else's property without permission.

I hope I can figure out a way to make this work. I think you all would really love this collection...

Thanks,
-Q.

I've been hunting around for awhile looking for vintage clips with not much luck. FM Concepts, Vid-Tech , Prestige , CUE .. etc....
So I vote yes please.

I've been hunting around for awhile looking for vintage clips with not much luck. FM Concepts, Vid-Tech , Prestige , CUE .. etc....
So I vote yes please.

I am definitely planning to share...just looking for the best way.

LOL Tickle Clips' IT department is sorta underwhelming...

Maybe a Dropbox or Google Drive link? I think you could make an account, upload the vids and share.

Sounds interesting. It's always good to keep old art of any sort alive.

Maybe a Dropbox or Google Drive link? I think you could make an account, upload the vids and share.

I thought about that, but I'd prefer to take at least a quick look at each one before I post it.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/27/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest clip store! Get details by clicking the C4S banners
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back