• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Game Mode versus A/V input, aren't these the same thing on a TV ?

coastdude

TMF Master
Technical issue: bought a new DVD player, my TV is an older tube type, a Durabrand, 2003 model.

Patch cords connect (Yellow, Red and White RCA cables), no issue there.

Can't seem to get to the A/V input on the TV. There is a Game Mode.

Still doesn't work, no video or audio.

Why would Game Mode not work ? Isn't this just another term for A/V input ?

I do not have the remote for this TV. I'm not sure if this would make a difference. I press all the buttons on the TV acccording to how I should according to the technical manual, still can't get to "Video" or A/V.

Frustrating, any help appreciated.

I can't provide a lot of information because there are multiple types of TVs for that brand from that year, but through looking around online at user manuals, it looks like Game Mode is just a way to change how the image looks, optimized for games, vs a new input stream. Older TVs feom that time I think will probably require a remote to switch the input at least the ones I have experience with... You may be able to create a universal remote for it for fairly cheap.

Can you tell us what the specific model of both the TV and the DVD players are? Also, have you confirmed that the DVD player itself does work?

The DVD player is New. The brand is Impecca. It is running the discs, I can see the timer change. The TV is from 2003, a Durabrand, Model dct1303r .

Last edited:
Looking at the manual for that model, it looks like the button needed to change the input mode on the TV to use external channels is the only button that is exclusive to the remote.. The buttons for Game Mode on the TV are just for picture display (brightness, contrast, and so on). the actual switch to external input is a "Game" button, marked as button #14 on the manual. Your best bet is to try and either obtain or create a new remote.

where can I find the remote for this model of Tv ? Model dct1303r. I look on amazon under remotes and they don't list this model.

You might not find it on Amazon. I believe if you Google "DCT1303R Remote" you will find multiple other different sites either serving as resellers or offering alternatives that have been programmed. Maybe you can look around and hopefully find a good deal. Because this is an older TV you might have to look around a bit to find a good replacement at a good price. Unfortunately this is where my experience fades out as I haven't ever had to replace remotes for old TVs before

What's New

4/27/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest clip store! Get details by clicking the C4S banners
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back