• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Gifts on a first date: chivalrous or desperate?

I haven't dated in forever, but just try to get to know them first. they will have plenty of time to take you money if you say with them long term.

Any first date gifts I'll get while on the date. Stuffed animal, candy, flowers, whatever. But I'm sure as crap not going to show up at her door with flowers and chocolates in hand, stuttering like an idiot/trying to "look like a real man" and looking like a bad nerd scene from a 1970s movie. :p But once we're on the date, if something comes up and I see a chance to snag a neat whatever, then that's exactly what I'll do.

First dates aren't supposed to be stiff or scripted. It's a chance to get to know a person to figure out if you want a SECOND date or not.

Win.

@socktickler:

Because they aren't newly acquainted strangers or even share any mutual friends, as usually is the case; they met each other on the internet and have been corresponding for some time now.

Meeting someone, hitting it off, and then picking them up for a date with an armload of shit is going to come off as creepy... but for two people who have been talking for some time, it's a bigger event than your run-of-the-mill first date.

It sets a bad precedent for their relationship. He's going to need to one-up himself forever, and/or the girl will see him as a pushover.

I find it sad that these things aren't done anymore. I blame all the reality tv shows with the bachelore and all that crap. I was raised to be respectful and treat women well, but those things seem to make men weak in society today. This is not true. I believe it is perfectly fine to give a girl a flower or something on the first date. If she thinks it's weird then she obviously doesn't respect her self enough to think she deserves it.

I find it sad that these things aren't done anymore. I blame all the reality tv shows with the bachelore and all that crap. I was raised to be respectful and treat women well, but those things seem to make men weak in society today. This is not true. I believe it is perfectly fine to give a girl a flower or something on the first date. If she thinks it's weird then she obviously doesn't respect her self enough to think she deserves it.

There is a big difference between showing up with a little something as a sweet gesture and smothering the girl.

It has nothing to do with self-respect. There are many girls who don't want guys doting on them and showering them with gifts. That usually is accompanied by clingy, annoying behavior and a thousand phone calls. It makes guys look desperate and insecure - two very unattractive qualities. Besides, doing something special occasionally >>>>>>> doing something generic (roses and candy) in excess.

What's New

6/1/2024
Need to report a post? The report butt0n is to its lower left!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back