• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Gilmore Girls - Luke or Christopher??

chickles_:)

1st Level Red Feather
Hey everyone! :bunny:

I confess i've been off and on for the last few months so maybe this has been explored ad nauseam already - if so i'm sorry but I just finished watching the latest episode on satellite and i, well, I can't stand it! :shock: I simply have to speak out.

All right so everyone knows that Luke has his faults, he's not exactly up with expressing his emotions but honestly for so long he's been the rock in Lorelai's life keeping her grounded and solid while she flew off to indulge her dreams and while he should have talked to her about his daughter and that growing relationship was it really something they couldn't get past?

Meanwhile Chris, okay so he's been totally irresponsible all through Rory's life - he gets married then divorced comes in and out of L.'s life just enough to mess with her heart but he's reallly doing well and he has found some solid grounding. Taking responsibility for raising his daughter Gigi, has made him grow up - so to speak.

So which is the better guy??? :shock:

I need help - i don't know who Lorelai should be with!! aaaaaaaaaaakk!! :cry1:

Your thoughts??

I'm with you - it's a tough one. But I'd have to say Luke I think. He's hot and he knows how to cook AND fix things.

I agree it's a big toughy.

Like you said, Luke has been a solid rock in Lorelai's life, always there when she needed him. Which Christopher wasn't. But Christopher has definately turned his life around and has become more responsible and mature.

But I have to go with Luke. He's a good match for Lorelai. He can hold his own with her and can handle her addiction to coffee. :D They complement each other.

one of my favorite guilty pleasures......

i`v thought all along she should be with Luke.I was so happy when they finally did get together!

*shhh* don`t tell the guys i was in here..... :xpeepsofa

Lorelai doesn't need a man, she needs a friggin' shrink! I stopped watching the show because she's way too neurotic for me and her daughter acts the same way.

It's the classic example of women always being with men who aren't good for them. Luke shouldn't have lied, plain and simple. He still lies about his feelings for her which allows her to grow even closer to Christopher. Personally, I think once your relationship is over, it's over just friggin' move on. She needs to be by herself and get her act together-it's the biggest mistake women make; always needing to have a man in their lives so they can avoid getting themselves together. Then you want to blame the man when it's over when it's really "you."

I've had a Luke and a Christopher in my life, now I want nothing to do with either of them while they constantly try to pop in and out of my life. Once we split up, it's over and it's time to move on.

ticklingnemesis said:
I agree it's a big toughy.

Like you said, Luke has been a solid rock in Lorelai's life, always there when she needed him. Which Christopher wasn't. But Christopher has definately turned his life around and has become more responsible and mature.

But I have to go with Luke. He's a good match for Lorelai. He can hold his own with her and can handle her addiction to coffee. :D They complement each other.

:bunny: Wow! This is great you guys!
So far it's three for Luke and one for giving up on the guys till Lorelai's got her life straightened out

I also think that having a guy who can cook and keep her in with coffee... woohoo :bouncybou

But wait, what about the fact that he can't come clean with his feelings? Will he ever be able to connect enough? He would make a good dad for Rory.

And let's face it - tell me that wasn't totally ro-fam-tic (family-romantic :D ) watching Chris drive L. & R. home and grossing out to the reak of pickles.:blaugh::cupid:

What other thoughts are percolating out there?? :idunno:

Thanks for responding everyone! :cat:

Many blessings
Chickles:redheart:

P.S. your secret is safe with us drunkenmstr! :p - thanks for popping in :justlips:

kis123 said:
Lorelai doesn't need a man, she needs a friggin' shrink! I stopped watching the show because she's way too neurotic for me and her daughter acts the same way.

It's the classic example of women always being with men who aren't good for them. Luke shouldn't have lied, plain and simple. He still lies about his feelings for her which allows her to grow even closer to Christopher. Personally, I think once your relationship is over, it's over just friggin' move on. She needs to be by herself and get her act together-it's the biggest mistake women make; always needing to have a man in their lives so they can avoid getting themselves together. Then you want to blame the man when it's over when it's really "you."

I've had a Luke and a Christopher in my life, now I want nothing to do with either of them while they constantly try to pop in and out of my life. Once we split up, it's over and it's time to move on.

Hiya again!:bunny:
Interesting point, Kis, I have to agree Lorelai has some real issues and it could be good for her to get help...

But then again, which of us doesn't have issues? When are we ever straightened out enough not to benefit having someone near to share life with and to complement our less than fully functional personalities? -does that make sense?

--sounds like the subject of another thread but it's interesting what T.V. shows get us talking about, don't you think? :dogpile:

Many blessings,
Chickles :redheart:

I think she should stick with Billy Bob Thornton....ooops, wait...that was "Bad Santa".....sorry :imouttahe

We waited so long for her and Luke to finally both realize and admit to each other how they really felt. I think they should've stuck to the June wedding date, newfound daughter or not! He should've made room for both. Luke's a dumb-bunny for letting her go.

chickles_:) said:
Hiya again!:bunny:
Interesting point, Kis, I have to agree Lorelai has some real issues and it could be good for her to get help...

But then again, which of us doesn't have issues? When are we ever straightened out enough not to benefit having someone near to share life with and to complement our less than fully functional personalities? -does that make sense?

--sounds like the subject of another thread but it's interesting what T.V. shows get us talking about, don't you think? :dogpile:

Many blessings,

I've always liked your cheery spirit and positive life outlook. There should be more people like you in the world. You're obviously not jaded and cranky like me :D !

No, I don't think dysfunction should marry dysfunction. All three characters have more baggage than a whole line of Samsonite luggage! And Rory's no better; she's just like her mother another neurotic that jumps in and out of relationships constantly.

Men say they are tired of insecure women who need them for emotional security. Women are tired of dealing with lazy domineering control freaks that will control the woman but won't get control over his own life. Lorelai represents the most emotionally immature and insecure woman I've ever seen with the exception of that Dr Gray from Gray's Anatomy (who I literally can't stand). Luke and Christopher are immature insecure controlling and manipulative-basically the cast is crazy!

kis123 said:
I've always liked your cheery spirit and positive life outlook. There should be more people like you in the world. You're obviously not jaded and cranky like me :D !

No, I don't think dysfunction should marry dysfunction. All three characters have more baggage than a whole line of Samsonite luggage! And Rory's no better; she's just like her mother another neurotic that jumps in and out of relationships constantly.

Men say they are tired of insecure women who need them for emotional security. Women are tired of dealing with lazy domineering control freaks that will control the woman but won't get control over his own life. Lorelai represents the most emotionally immature and insecure woman I've ever seen with the exception of that Dr Gray from Gray's Anatomy (who I literally can't stand). Luke and Christopher are immature insecure controlling and manipulative-basically the cast is crazy!

Hiya Kis,,,:bunny:

Wow. I don't think anyone could challenge you on the Gilmores having emo baggage. :blaugh: Still, apart from the show needing them to have changes in relationships to keep -a few of us at least- watching :xlime: I wonder if the characters aren't reasonably mature overall. I mean they each maintain healthy relationships with their peers and in their work-a-day lives - Rory more than her mum i'd say. But both to a pretty fair extent...

Heaven forbid that i'd ever say a woman needs a man in her life to make it complete but i find myself encouraged by the show insofar as even somewhat wacky women (of which i'd definitely include myself!:xpeepsofa: ) can find love and with it a little more happiness with a guy than without.

I don't know, i'm sure i'm being hopelessly naive or something but *shrug* it works for me, at least. :xpulcy:
And as long as i can convince my current guy that he's better off with me than without - i figure i'm ahead of myself. ;) Or something like that... :)

Many blessings,

i'm gonna vote for luke, 1, cause watching him throw that nephew of his in that pond few seasons back was funny as hell, 2, he has a good sense of humor, 3 he RUNS A DINER ding ding, FREE FOOD FOR LIFE!, 4, well he built a boat on his own, if someone can build a boat they can fix anything..

and i will say one thing, rorry needs to ditch that guy she's with, everytime i see him in a scene with her i have this feeling that he's just usin her...

and now that i've openly admitted to watching the show, be gentle lol

Mike3355 said:
i'm gonna vote for luke, 1, cause watching him throw that nephew of his in that pond few seasons back was funny as hell, 2, he has a good sense of humor, 3 he RUNS A DINER ding ding, FREE FOOD FOR LIFE!, 4, well he built a boat on his own, if someone can build a boat they can fix anything..

and i will say one thing, rorry needs to ditch that guy she's with, everytime i see him in a scene with her i have this feeling that he's just usin her...

and now that i've openly admitted to watching the show, be gentle lol

Hiya Mike!!:bunny:
*gentle gentle* :twohugs:
Yes everybody we have to be gentle with Mike here!:grouphug:
Sorry:p
Actually i'm with you on Luke i think. Mostly because he's learning to get emotionally connected with himself - he's able to handle Lorelai and as you say he's a solid guy who's not only able to cook, clean and fix the world but OMG he's actually willing to learn about how to treat a woman!! :veryhappy :veryhappy

still, a night out with sexy suave finally emotionally-together Christopher,,, and i'd be weak in the knees too! :wub: :cupid:
Aaaarrrrrgggghhhh!! :Grrr: -i'm still mixed!

As for Rory i don't know, i'm less worried about that relationship. They do seem well matched.

What do others think??

Thanks for your responses!

Many blessings,
chickles:redheart:

plus luke's character is played by a former baseball player, so thats just a bonus i'd think lol

and thanks for bein gentle with me there chickles ^_^

What's New

5/31/2024
The TMF Chat Room is always busy. Stop in and see who is about!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back