• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Got VHS?

tickler_n_black

1st Level Blue Feather
hi all.
you know how in the past we've made some pretty wild announcements that no one really understands why, or agrees with? well, ha ha this might be another one.

for a few different reasons we are going to stop selling any tickling videos on vhs tape. very soon the only format we will offer is tickling movies on DVD, and DVD only.

so! this email is kind of a warning to those that have been eyeing any of our current titles on vhs. i truly believe that within a weeks time there will be no more left. thats how depleted our stock is. the copies we have as of this minute, are the last copies to ever be put on vhs tape format. once they sell out, they are gone, forever.

so its First Come, First Serve starting now. if you want something we have on vhs, go to our website and get it now. as soon as a title sells out it will promptly be taken off or our catalog.

Current titles available on vhs are:

Some Tickled Flesh
Micah's Tickle Torture
O The Tickling
Blondes At Play
Giggles 4 Hire
Off Sweet Suffering

again. we expect these copies to last only days, maybe one week. so if you really want em, ya need to act now before they are gone. -thanks for listening. pleasant day to you.

Why are you not also doing VHS?

I think I speak for many of us who do not have a DVD player and actually prefer VHS because of the better slow motion features that DVD doesn't seem to compare to. I have bought most of your titles and it seems you are letting go of a very strong market segment. Is there any possibility that you all might reconsider and offer in both formats? Already you have created 3 DVD's that I and I'm sure a multitude of others in the tickling community would clearly purchase from you. Let's say those videos are $30 a piece x 3 would be $120 just from me alone. Lets say you lose 200 orders minimum monthly for this change (completely not offering VHS). That is $6000 per month MINIMUM that you lose. In one year that is almost $72,000 in revenue if only 100 people decide to go to other tickling video sources. I think these figures are very conservative. I do not mean to tell you how to run your business, but I truly hope you reconsider. I am hoping your business flourishes, and would hate to see this risk take a huge chunk out of your revenue, thereby jeapordizing you excellent productions that we all love.

heartbreak

I don't know anything about the sales loss or dollar amounts or anything....I just know that I'll miss a great provider of quality entertainment due to the switch to DVDs....

I would also back a reconsideration for what it's worth

heck, this is my first post ever - and I've been reading these things for more than a year - so, you know I must be upset!!!

hehe

(fingers crossed for a switch back to VHS)

Yup, it definately feels like we Brits are getting the bumb deal when it comes to this stuff. What we need is a producer from the UK!!! I guess that would be too easy...

But yeah, this sucks. I'm not 21 yet so I couldn't lagally buy their vids anyway, but that's not the point. At least it wasn't the ultimate irony of making this announcement on my 21st birthday! :rolleyes:

This is me hoping a UK tickling producer will appear soon...

Re: Why are you not also doing VHS?

Jimblast said:
I think I speak for many of us who do not have a DVD player and actually prefer VHS because of the better slow motion features that DVD doesn't seem to compare to.
hi jim, :) correct me if im wrong but i just played a dvd on my player and pushed the "slow" button on the remote and it was awesome. very slow, but yet very clear. i would actually go as far to say that it is the other way around, that DVD shows slow motion better than a VHS tape can. any techies around to verify this?

Re: Why are you not also doing VHS?

Jimblast said:
Lets say you lose 200 orders minimum monthly for this change (completely not offering VHS). That is $6000 per month MINIMUM that you lose. In one year that is almost $72,000 in revenue if only 100 people decide to go to other tickling video sources. I think these figures are very conservative.
jimblast i thank you for your concern, really. i appreciate the nice way you made your points. first though, lol, your numbers are WAY HIGH! we dont sell anywhere close to 200 per month, so we could never "lose 200 orders minimum monthly" as you mentioned.

(still to this day, and i dont know why, a lot of people think we sell videos hand over fist and earn 100s of 1000s of dollars a year. that is so not true.)

a conservative figure would be 15 orders per month (not 200)! but anyway, on to my second point. we've been trying to subtly let people know for some time now that money/income is not top priority for us when it comes to our TC business. even more so as time goes on. we are switching to DVD because its much easier to edit, dubb, package and ship. much easier! and the final product's picture and sound quality is light years ahead of VHS. and when something is easier than that frees up time. and time is what we need right now. this business got much bigger than we had ever thought and we are not prepared to let it completely dominate our lives. its not, repeat, its not our only source of income. :) our other source is much more "stable" and can be relied upon to produce consistantly. so we will spend the majority of our time with that business.

so please everyone, understand that us going to DVD is not a slap in the face to you. it's not personal. so please don't take it personal. we've put out VHS tapes for almost 4 years now. things change in this world. people come, people go. business comes, business goes.
(VHS comes, VHS goes! LOL)
we wont be around forever making videos. you know that. i know that. so lets all make the best of it right now. for us, it was either go to DVD, or close shop completely. thanks for listening. :)

All I know is I have about 20 of Real Tickling/ TC Videos in VHS format and do not own a DVD player. I know I was probably the last person to start buying CDs over albums. I have 700 vinyl records but now have over 800 CDs. If technology dictates it, I'm sure I'll eventually switch to DVDs, but as of now, I will not purchase any TC DVDs simply because I cannot watch them.

well said

good point, tib.....I guess I should wake up and join the 21st century soon....

and for what it's worth, you folks do a fantastic job

First off, the facts of the matter are that DVD's are dominating the market over VHS because DVD's are able to include extra features, have superior and long lasting picture quality, better sound, and won't get torn up in the VCR. (I was rewinding an old tape the other, ....and it just kept rewinding and rewinding... the tape tore off the spool and was rewinding forever!)

I am all for the change to DVD's simply because it has to happen sooner or later. That's just how the market is working out. It would be difficult today to try and sell records, when CD's have become the new standard.

But this is in NO way any kind of critique on you guys asking for VHS tapes, please don't misunderstand. My question to TIb is, why not offer both? I know there are now cameras that record in DVD, so that may be a reason.

I think it would help sooth the situation if there were more facts out there, just so everyone will know the reasons why. I've directed video before, and done video work, so it is confusing to me: You record your scene on a Digital Camera. The digital camera has a analog video signal (VHS or S-VHS style) and a digital interface. One cable transfers a digital signal for editting, and another cable transfers analog to record out to VHS tapes. The DVD recorders today that the consumer can buy records DVD's from VHS tapes, (I think! I don't have one yet...) It seems that you could easily transfer back and forth bewteen VHS and DVD.

I don't see how it would be so complicated to do both, but I don't know the logistics of TIB's system or hardware.

My local Music/VideoGame/Movie megastore just switched over to DVD only. To be honest, I've seen no mass exodus from the store. Everytime I go there, it's packed.

There comes a time when you have to move along with the changes. VHS is still being used by many people, but slowly, the digital market is taking over. Very rare is the store where you can still buy vinyl record albums. This didn't happen overnight, but by first one vendor, then another switching over to tape and disc only. Whenever one popular technology is replaced by another, it hapeens this way. After a few years, people forget ever worrying about it. Not to many folks these days bitch about not having vinyl. But back in the '80's, the same kind of concern abounded.

If this is the way TC wishes to go with thier business, more power to ya! :cool:

Ouch

Eventually I'll join the 21st century but I wish you guys would do both, even if it required bumping up the prices a bit for VHS. Just my two cents...I just might have to go out and find Sara and tickle her myself until then!! Damn!!

What's New

5/15/2024
The TMF Links forum keeps you updated on tickling sites all around the web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back