• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Group Update

Celtic_Emperor

3rd Level White Feather
After quite some time of getting my affairs in order, its time for
an update. A small update, but a good one. I've once again changed my mind about that mass update
thing. When you think about it, it isn't practical to do it that
way. And theres no point in rushing my work. I am however drawing on
a regular basis, and I should have a somewhat steady stream of
updates for some time.

Update-

- Created album for Record of Lodoss War in the Photos section.

- Uploaded 1 picture of Pirotess. Also added the full-sized version
to the Files section.

Now, about the picture. The picture is of the Dark Elf Pirotess from
Record of Lodoss War (in case you didn't know). Do note, this is my first time EVER drawing
this character, and I had no reference picture except to verify the
patterns on her clothes. It is completely original in every other
way. I'm quite proud of the final product, and its a sign of whats
to come.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DJs_Fanart/files/FULL-sized pictures/Pirotess.JPG

Enjoy. And as always, any comments, questions, or concerns are
always welcome and appriciated(except for Ziggy. I don't want his opinion nor do I need it as I am convinced nothing good can come out of his mouth in regards to what I say or do. No offense.)

- Damien

Last edited:
Thank you, Phil. :)

If I may, is there anything inparticular about the picture that you like? I'm just asking because I rarely ask people why they think its good or why they like it, and what not.

Thanks. :)

- Damien

Last edited:
Well I'll try my best..

I'm anything but educated when it comes to art or anime, so I'll try not to sound like too much of an ignoramous. I've always liked the way these kind of anime characters are drawn, (exaggerated eyes, under exaggerated nose, rest of the body being for the most part proportional ) I always thought it was a cool set apart from the american style of comics and animation. Also I love her outfit, I've never seen the movie(I'm guessing it's an anime movie), so I don't know how accurate it is, but it's very creative and well drawn. I also liked the shading in the drawing, it kind of reminds me of some of the earlier art (waaaaay before the film) done of the characters in Lord of The Rings. It gives the picture a very dream-like and surreal quality. Also (admitting to a wee bit of a foot fetish) I love the detail you put into her feet, most anime characters lack that quality even when there done barefoot. I like the handle of the sword she's holding, and the way it's drawn. Lastly I like the expression on her face, she appears as if she's being flirtatious and seductive, usually anime artists fail to capture anything but the most basic facial expressions. Hope you understand what I'm talking about, as I said I'm not real educated when it comes to this stuff, I just enjoy art.
-Phil

Re: Well I'll try my best..

46and2 said:
I'm anything but educated when it comes to art or anime, so I'll try not to sound like too much of an ignoramous. I've always liked the way these kind of anime characters are drawn, (exaggerated eyes, under exaggerated nose, rest of the body being for the most part proportional ) I always thought it was a cool set apart from the american style of comics and animation. Also I love her outfit, I've never seen the movie(I'm guessing it's an anime movie), so I don't know how accurate it is, but it's very creative and well drawn. I also liked the shading in the drawing, it kind of reminds me of some of the earlier art (waaaaay before the film) done of the characters in Lord of The Rings. It gives the picture a very dream-like and surreal quality. Also (admitting to a wee bit of a foot fetish) I love the detail you put into her feet, most anime characters lack that quality even when there done barefoot. I like the handle of the sword she's holding, and the way it's drawn. Lastly I like the expression on her face, she appears as if she's being flirtatious and seductive, usually anime artists fail to capture anything but the most basic facial expressions. Hope you understand what I'm talking about, as I said I'm not real educated when it comes to this stuff, I just enjoy art.
-Phil

Wow...that was way more then I was expecting to hear. You didn't have to go through that much trouble, if it was trouble. But thank you nonetheless. I think your response may very well be the best response I've ever gotten for an anime picture with this theme.

Actually, Record of Lodoss War (and the continuation- Chronicles of the Heroic Knight) aren't movies. Legend of Crystania is however, and thats probably what you were refering to. Unfortuntitely, I haven't seen the movie for that dispite the fact I'm a huge Lodoss War fan. But Pirotess is in the movie, although I wouldn't be able to comment on it, since I know nothing about it other than its sort of a spinoff of the Lodoss War series wherein Ashram lands on the continent of Crystania and is somehow killed or possessed, and Pirotess trys to bring him back. Seeing the artwork for the shows, and then the movie, it seems that Crystania isn't as good as the originals. I may be wrong however. It was only cover art I saw.

Anyways, thanks for the compliments on the feet. Thats the first time I've gotten one as descriptive as yours. And yes, I completely agree with you. Anime and manga artists tend to draw generic feet. In my pictures, I am trying to draw more realistic feet, and blend more of reality and proportion into my pictures then using only manga styles. I hope that I've accomplished this, or that I'm getting better at it. I've always thought the feet and hands are parts of the body which are very important in artwork, as they can serve many different purposes.

I'm glad you like everything else also. Like with the feet, I'm glad you commented on the face and it's expression. To me, the face is the most important part of the picture, as it is the key element to understanding everything else about the picture. Most of my time drawing a picture goes into the face, and I'm glad it turned out well. This is one of my better pictures. And I like adding blushing to the face. Having the character blush adds charm I think, and expresses other things relative to the situation. :)

And finally, there is no need for you to feel that you may be uneducated or ignorant to the subject. You made perfect sense to me, and it didn't sound dumb at all. Thank you for your post. I got a lot out of it. More then the usual I'm used to getting. ^___^

- Damien

Somebody likes your art. I will have to admit, overtime I have grown quite find of anime babes. Not sure why, but something about them that makes me wanna stare for awhile. And I would like to point out that it is quite true that many anime series as well as movies I have watched, have rather poor quality feet. Not sure if it's just cause they don't care, or if it's cause they know that since you won't be seeing a lot of it anyways, there is no point in depicting an accurate look.

Jokaell said:
Somebody likes your art. I will have to admit, overtime I have grown quite find of anime babes. Not sure why, but something about them that makes me wanna stare for awhile. And I would like to point out that it is quite true that many anime series as well as movies I have watched, have rather poor quality feet. Not sure if it's just cause they don't care, or if it's cause they know that since you won't be seeing a lot of it anyways, there is no point in depicting an accurate look.

Who is this "somebody"? :blaugh: ^__^ Thank you.

Lets see, I think what makes anime women very intriguing is that they have it all in the right places, with brains or talents to boot. Its as if they are modelled to be perfect people. And in anime, its very possible to make a character very very pleasing. Although, I don't think doing such a thing is always a good idea. Who wants perfect all the time, and from every character? That would get very redundant, really quick. In fact, its possible that a number of people that don't like anime don't like it because of that. But the creators are usually careful enough and have well-thought out enough plans to make each character different even if they share similar physical characteristics.

As far as the feet, I don't think its that they don't care, I think its that they don't have the time for it. Feet are usually covered and are not relevant in any way to the show. So for the same reason you gave, they probably just don't want to bother unless its a scene where feet will be seen often or up close. This problem in anime of there being generic feet isn't that bad. A lot of artists go the extra mile and take some time with them.

The good thing about stand-alone pictures like this one however, is that you can draw whatever you want and put detail into those least seen places. You can even add more appeal to a character by doing such a thing. :)

- Damien

I agree that I would never like perfect all the time, thus the reason to like final fantasy anime babes and others like Shion and what not. It's the same as requesting for your favortie actress for foot poses you hope she has made :D . Unfortunately therein lies the conflict. Since one has grown fond of the anime female of choice, in order to see her like I would want, I have to rely on the artworking community to hopefully provide, just like I would have to rely on the actress to have done some photo shoots that have foot exposed of some kind.
But enough of my blabbering, I must get back to my case modifications. I sure hope I could find the time to ever restart my days of artistery. Good thing to know I have learned some am37u3r ski11z of adobe photoshop should I ever do my Shion image :rolleyes:

P.S. Somebody I was referring to was 46and2 since his post did give quite the descriptive measures of compliments.

Yeah. Well,I certainly hope that I can provide people with the characters they want to see in this manner. The only problem with that though is everyone has different preferences for characters. And if an artist isn't accustomed to drawing any particular character, then the whole process proves difficult.

Fortunitely for me however, this community seems to like Neon Genesis Evangelion, Final Fantasy, and RPG/fantasy characters.

Good luck with your work. I hope it goes well. And as far as your art skills are concerned, its never to late to pick up drawing again.

- Damien

PS: Yeah, I assumed it was him. It was either him or you. But I left room for the possibility that it was some unforseen member that is afraid to approach me or something. :blaugh:

I'm afraid to approach you with a ugly stick in your eye if it makes you feel any better :blaugh:
That's why we have forums to type out our appreciation. Haha, I'm just playing man, but as far as I'm concerned, I don't think I'll ever get around to the piece, especially since I'm still busy with case modifications. But yeah, I think I've had my round for the night, tis 5am at the moment, so I'm off to hit the hay. Kepp providing and I'll keep complimenting.

P.S. as far as preference goes, I'm actually pretty well open to most any vidgame/manga referenced chick if the picture itself is good. Even someone like Videl or Bulma, if done could be a good piece.

Yeah, I understand what you mean. Even so, if there are anime, manga, or video game characters I don't like then I won't draw them. One of the most difficult things about taking requests is having to say no sometimes. And I don't like having to say no to people.

- Damien

Hey Damien,
Though I am only new to this anime stuff,I think your work is awesome!:D . You've got a wonderful feel for and persepctive of the characters. Maya is my fave...she expressive and lifelike and VERY cute whether or now she's bein tickled! LOL:cool:
I DEFINATELY hope you continue your work. We NEED more artists like you in the community!

Maggie
(who can't draw to save her life and is SLOOOWLY working up the guts to post her talent of tickling stories in the stories section)

Thank you very much Maggie. :)

I've been trying to improve, and this picture definitely shows some results, in my opinion. And thank you also for the compliments on my Maya drawings. Those are just a few. And I'm glad you like her as much as I do. I'm not finished with that character. :)

And of course I'm going to continue my work. I've come this far, have gotten noticed by a patron like you and some others, and it wouldn't make sense for me to just disappear. :blaugh: And more artists definitely are needed. And thanks again for that compliment also.

And I look forward to your work, Maggie. No need to be intimidated. I'm not. I'm sure you've got the skills to pay the bills. ;)

Maybe someday, we can work together. We could make a story and I'll illustrate it. Something like that is far off, but that sounds like a good idea, doesn't it? :D

- Damien

Where did that come from? Thats pretty rude. My skills are exceptional thus far, and combined with her talent, theres no reason not to try.

Is there something wrong with what I said? You seemed to have no problem with me before.. Or are you just being sarcastic....for what would seem no real reason? :confused:

- Damien

Last edited:
Ahaha, ah man, you get riled up to easy. The rolleyes should have given it away. In fact if anything, the question was never directed to me, I just felt the need to reply first. And I figured I'd say something quick and to the point. I mean it was a yes or no answer kinda question. But I'm just playin' with ya' bro. ;)

Actually, I wasn't riled up by it more then I was confused. There was no reason for you to say that, and a rolleyes smiley can mean anything.

In fact, why did you do it at all? It could have been interpreted as an insult or something. Messing with people isn't fun or nice. Its annoying. With all due respect.

- Damien

Dude, just chill man. Don't intrepret it as insulting, if I remember correctly I was actually giving my compliments to you in earlier posted threads. I like your artwork, and what's better is you contribute to whereas I have not for a very long time. You shouldn't even bother with what I say anyways, I never mean any of the things that might otherwise throw you off as confusing. Besides, you know you're good to, other people have already shown that in their expressions towards your artwork you provide us in the forums. I just play all the time, it's what makes me me. If I really meant anything harse at all, I would tell you. But since I like what you do, you have nothing to worry about coming from my mouth. I assure you everything you post is good.

I didn't interprete it as insulting. Only saying that it could be, by me or anyone else you may "mess with". It could get you in trouble with people. Thats all I'm saying. As far as my calling it rude, well you can't blame me. It appeared to be a rude comment, to me and indirectly her.

I understand where your coming from with everything you just said. But theres still a chance someone can mis-interprete a non-clear joke, you know? And besides, I'm still a little jumpy about the picture copying thing.

Thanks for clearing it up though.

- Damien

You the Man!

You could go to wonderful places with your talent. Don't stop for anything and nothing.

very nice

Ooo very nice.

I can't get enough of your artwork, Damien. Keep it up.

(PS: Ever seen a chicken that reminded you of a fish? Me neither. But if you look at a chicken in the right way, as kentucky fried, it sort of reminds you of food, especially if you eat it. Fish is a food. Doesn't it remind you of fish now? no? Oh well, if not, theres always a chance that a turkey would do it for you.)

(PPS--or is it PSS?: Anyone who read the above should now be 20% less smart)

Thank you and I am, although this thread is pretty old now and hasn't been responded to in a long time, and I've had newer threads with updates here...but thank you all the same. What do you think of the others? Pictures I mean. Past and present. :)

(PS: Yes I have. Thats a shame. I'm sure it would. Yes it is. It does. Yes. Turkey is more plentiful anyway.)

(PSS: Its PSS. Actually, I would like to think of it as being 20% smarter. Sort of like the cup being half-full, not half-empty. :) )

- Damien

Last edited:
Actually, PPS comes after PS (post-script, post-post-script). :)

ah

Didn't knwo this was old, I saw your others but for some reason I don't remember seeing this one before.

Anyway, I think all your work is great, that's why I am looking forward to your next update so much :)

(also, couldn't it be PSS? Post-script-script -- the script that's after the post script..)

What's New

5/10/2024
Our Welcome forum has a place for you to introduce yourself. Say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back