• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire!

elfriend

TMF Expert
I just got back from seeing this movie with Tidas. It was excellent two thumbs way up! They did an awesome job and yes I did tear up at the end.

And Baby was I mistaken but was there some tickling going on between Hermione and Ginny at one point? I don't know maybe I just imagined that....

Yes Dear, I noticied it too ;) , and I'm sorry about being nuts about Emma Watson...but I can't help it, I wish it were her and you instead of her and Ginny.....

The movie made over $100 million during the weekend. I've seen the previous three Harry Potter films, and I'm planning to see this one (at the theater or on DVD; I'm still deciding) as well, especially now that I know there's tickling in it. :D

Tickling..really, I saw Harry Potter this weekend and didn't catch the tickling but radar has been off lately...

Great movie...and if the director pushes a few more buttons then we could have had an R rated movie out of this one!!
Good call going with the PG-13 though...

Good movie but you could tell at some points where the movie had to get on with itself where the book fleshed some things out better.

Good job though getting a 700+ page book done in 2.5 hours.

After seeing Goblet of Fire this past weekend, I only have one thing to say:

LONG LIVE LORD VOLDEMORT!!!!

He was the best part of the movie. Ralph Finnes did a wonderful job of bringing him to life! I agree they could have played out some parts to make the movie flow a little more smoothly, but they did pretty good overall at making the movie work in a 2 and 1/2 hour time.

I think I noticed the tickling, too! It might have just been my wishful imagination, but there was definately a lot of girlish giggling going on in that tent at the Quidditch World Cup. :bouncybou

Tidas, Elfriend, I'm glad you guys enjoyed the movie. As I posted, I saw it on Thursday night, for a midnight showing. It was my first time seeing a Harry Potter movie. I enjoyed it. I think Potter may have acquired another fan.

Mitch

Saw it on Friday, I liked it quite a bit, I think I caught the tickling too but didn't remember till reading about it here... only gripes are I wish they had showed the other three dragons in action, although the dragon harry fought was freakin awesome. Also, Dumbledore came across as a little loud and forceful, more than his character seems to be in the books...seems like he always got things done through his quiet, disarming wisdom, it was kind of out of character to see him shouting and manhandling Harry when his name came out of the goblet.

I'm so excited for the next two installments of the series, for those that have read Order of the Phoenix and the Half-Blood Prince...those are my two favorite books of the series so far. And in them my favorite character becomes much more central to the plotline (Severus Snape)...whereas in this last one and in Prisoner of Askaban he had a somewhat minor role. Can't wait to see more sexy dark greatness from Alan Rickman in the next 2. Goddamn, that voice, makes me wanna rip off robes and stay after class for very special punishments....hehehe

I've got an enormous crush on the snape character :dogpile: it's wrong but jeez he gets me hot :firedevil

Heh... that's funny, Snape is my favorite character and Alan Rickman is an awesome actor, but I definitely don't see him in that way.... now, the girl who plays Fleur on the other hand... :devil2:

Anyway, I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'll probably catch it next weekend. I loved the book, and Mike Newell has done some great stuff in the past (Four Weddings and a Funeral), so this should be good....

I liked Stanislav Ianevski

Wasnt much of a HP fan. Espically not after the spiders.

4th movie

I am confused about the 4th Harry Potter movie. I saw the first three and don't see why they need a fourth?

I saw them throw the ring into the big volcano at the end of the third one.

I went and saw HP&TGOF and thought it was okay, but I thought poor Ron sure got a really short end of things this time, feeling left out and sulking most of the time, and his hideous outfit. LOL. I just hope that sometime, Ron gets to come out a little ahead sometime.

Smiley

I read the book and as far as I remember, there's no tickling in the book at all. I'd be very surprised is there's tickling happening in the movie.

:happyfloa

Well, I finally saw this movie. It was good, especially with the Voldemort part near the end: Ralph Fiennes did an excellent job. I agree that this movie had, by far, the best special effects in the series.

However, Prisoner of Azkaban is still my favorite. Alfonso Cuaron did an amazing job with that one, and Mike Newell seemed to go for the Columbus style, instead of Cuaron's. I'm sure many purists will be happy because of that, but I still prefer the dark feel that Cuaron brought to the series. Hopefully, Cuaron will agree to do one of the future sequels.

Goblet of Fire was a much better effort than the utter canine anus scrapings that was Prisoner of Azkaban. POA made no sense to anyone who hadn't read the book and knew all the backstory that Cuaron and Steve Kloves left out. Personally I'd have fired Kloves and dismissed Cuaron from the Guild for making such an abortion. Who were the Marauders? How did they know each other? How come we didn't get told the Marauders were Sirius, Remus, James and Pettigrew? What was the significance of Harry's Patronus being shaped like a stag? How come the Patronus effect was so badly thought out? Why did the Dementors look like someone's ragged old knickers left to dry on a washing line instead of evil demons?

GOF was a significant improvement (although it really couldn't have gotten any worse), although I do have a few gripes...

Why was Dubledore so uncontrolled and tempremental? (God, we certainly miss Sir Richard Harris!)

Why were Voldemort's eyes normal, instead of being red in colour with vertical pupils like a Snake's? He looked too human.

Why was every exposition scene that seriously needed to be firmly anchored gabbled out like the actors had Touret's? (Case in point: Moody explaining the Unforgiveable Curses.)

Why was the maze reduced from the formidable, yet glorious object it was in the book to a glorified and very large Devil's Snare plant?

What was the point of involving Rita Skeeter at all if her part was going to be reduced to something so cosmetic? Nine tenths of her arc was dropped to make time, so why bother at all?

What was the point of including the Quiddich World Cup if all we were going to see was the players coming out before jumping to several hours after the match? Okay we needed to establish Krum as the celebrity he obviously is, but that's all that happened!

Why was Barty Crouch Jnr still alive and un-kissed at the end of the film? (Damn good performance by David Tennant by the way! Looking forward to seeing him as Doctor Who.)

Why include Gary Oldman in the credits at all? All we saw of him was a stunningly crap visual effect, trying to look like his face in the ashes.

Anyway, those aside, I enjoyed it a hell of a lot. GOF is my favourite book of the six so far published and the film ranks as the third favourite of the four so far. It could desperately have done with being three hours long though, just as POA could have done with being two and a half hours.

BigJim said:
Goblet of Fire was a much better effort than the utter canine anus scrapings that was Prisoner of Azkaban.

I take it that you didn't like POA.

BigJim said:
POA made no sense to anyone who hadn't read the book and knew all the backstory that Cuaron and Steve Kloves left out. Personally I'd have fired Kloves and dismissed Cuaron from the Guild for making such an abortion.

They did leave out a lot, but it still made sense to me. I watched the movie before I read the book. The ending was a bit rushed though, but then again, Rowling has a bad tendency to do that. She spends too much time on buildup and not enough on the ends of each book. Prisoner of Azkaban is still one of my favorite books of the series, but the rushed ending is one of my few gripes with it....

BigJim said:
Who were the Marauders? How did they know each other? How come we didn't get told the Marauders were Sirius, Remus, James and Pettigrew? What was the significance of Harry's Patronus being shaped like a stag? How come the Patronus effect was so badly thought out? Why did the Dementors look like someone's ragged old knickers left to dry on a washing line instead of evil demons?

I thought the special effects were great, personally. Figuring out Harry's Patronus was actually not that difficult. If I remember correctly, Lupin makes a subtle remark referring to James and his connection to the stag. The thing that I liked about POA is that it didn't beat you over the head with its plot points the way that all the other movies have. It was also the only movie in the series (so far) that didn't totally feel like a kid's movie. Even the grim ending of Goblet of Fire was tame compared to the overall ominous feel of POA.

Cuaron, to me, just seemed like a far superior director when it came to his style. He brought so much visual depth to the movie that I've yet to see any of the other directors bring. Newell was close, but he still has room for improvement.

BigJim said:
GOF was a significant improvement (although it really couldn't have gotten any worse), although I do have a few gripes...

Why was Dubledore so uncontrolled and tempremental? (God, we certainly miss Sir Richard Harris!)

Gambon is definitely no Harris. His character is definitely more strung out than the Dumbledore of the books, but in a way, that does make him feel more human. By contrast, Rickman's Snape is far more likable than the Snape of the books....

BigJim said:
Why were Voldemort's eyes normal, instead of being red in colour with vertical pupils like a Snake's? He looked too human.

Why was every exposition scene that seriously needed to be firmly anchored gabbled out like the actors had Touret's? (Case in point: Moody explaining the Unforgiveable Curses.)

Good point on Voldemort. As for Moody, I actually wasn't that impressed with Brendan Gleeson. His portrayal of Moody was a lot goofier than I pictured the character. His magical eye looked less like an artifact and more like something you'd pick up at Toys R Us.

BigJim said:
Why was the maze reduced from the formidable, yet glorious object it was in the book to a glorified and very large Devil's Snare plant?

Because quite frankly, that part of the book was boring.

BigJim said:
What was the point of involving Rita Skeeter at all if her part was going to be reduced to something so cosmetic? Nine tenths of her arc was dropped to make time, so why bother at all?

I agree. Rita Skeeter was an annoying character anyway. They should have left her out altogether. The same thing goes for Moaning Myrtle.

BigJim said:
What was the point of including the Quiddich World Cup if all we were going to see was the players coming out before jumping to several hours after the match? Okay we needed to establish Krum as the celebrity he obviously is, but that's all that happened!

This was another boring part that was rightfully shortened.

BigJim said:
Why was Barty Crouch Jnr still alive and un-kissed at the end of the film? (Damn good performance by David Tennant by the way! Looking forward to seeing him as Doctor Who.)

I think we can assume that his death will be referred to near the beginning of the next movie. It was a brief off-stage event in the book anyway.

BigJim said:
Why include Gary Oldman in the credits at all? All we saw of him was a stunningly crap visual effect, trying to look like his face in the ashes.

I thought that effect was great. It was subtle and clean all the same. Nothing too flashy, but not too low-tech either.... Oh yeah, and he's credited because Oldman is the man! :D

BigJim said:
Anyway, those aside, I enjoyed it a hell of a lot. GOF is my favourite book of the six so far published and the film ranks as the third favourite of the four so far. It could desperately have done with being three hours long though, just as POA could have done with being two and a half hours.

Half-Blood Prince was my fave, since Snape is my favorite character. Hopefully, Cuaron will do that movie. I also hope the last book of the series ups the body count, but I suppose Rowling has to keep things somewhat tame for the younger audience... heh heh...

I do hope that the next movie is 3 hours long though.

MrMacphisto said:
I take it that you didn't like POA.

Not really. I'm far too much of a purist and of all the films it's the one that was shafted the most in all the important explanatory places.

MrMacphisto said:
They did leave out a lot, but it still made sense to me. I watched the movie before I read the book. The ending was a bit rushed though, but then again, Rowling has a bad tendency to do that. She spends too much time on buildup and not enough on the ends of each book. Prisoner of Azkaban is still one of my favorite books of the series, but the rushed ending is one of my few gripes with it....

Well unlike the other five books, it doesn't really have an ending. The confrontation it was building towards (Harry Vs. Sirius Black) turned out to be a paper tiger. Seeing Harry knocking Snape on his oily arse was far more satisfying. :D

MrMacphisto said:
I thought the special effects were great, personally. Figuring out Harry's Patronus was actually not that difficult. If I remember correctly, Lupin makes a subtle remark referring to James and his connection to the stag. The thing that I liked about POA is that it didn't beat you over the head with its plot points the way that all the other movies have. It was also the only movie in the series (so far) that didn't totally feel like a kid's movie. Even the grim ending of Goblet of Fire was tame compared to the overall ominous feel of POA.

Unless that was something in the US version ommitted from ours, I don't think so. Being the sad tosser that I am I own all three and have watched them multiple times. :D

Personally I have to say the Shrieking Shack scene is a total mystery if you haven't read the book. I can only assume you're psychic mate. ;)

And what was that with the Patronus? Apart from a brief appearance all it was was an expanding pulse of light. Not even remotely like it was described in the book apart from the colour.

MrMacphisto said:
Cuaron, to me, just seemed like a far superior director when it came to his style. He brought so much visual depth to the movie that I've yet to see any of the other directors bring. Newell was close, but he still has room for improvement.

No accounting for taste. :p

Seriously though, Cuaron's darkness was good, even though the Dementors were pathetic beyond words. Newell could have been less grey and more "CG" darkness. The Great Hall doesn't look good at all when it's got neither light nor artificial darkness in it.

MrMacphisto said:
Gambon is definitely no Harris. His character is definitely more strung out than the Dumbledore of the books, but in a way, that does make him feel more human. By contrast, Rickman's Snape is far more likable than the Snape of the books....

Hmmm, yeah. Rickman's Snape is quite funny in some ways. And you can bet if Rickman wasn't playing him he wouldn't be such a sex symbol! :wow:

The role of Dumbledore was always going to take an horrendous ass-fucking once Richard Harris died. There are probably only half a dozen other actors in all of cinematic history who can compare to Harris, and sadly Gambon isn't one of them. I find his Dumbledore way too much of a departure from the book. Indeed I still picture Dumbledore as Harris when I read the books.

MrMacphisto said:
Good point on Voldemort. As for Moody, I actually wasn't that impressed with Brendan Gleeson. His portrayal of Moody was a lot goofier than I pictured the character. His magical eye looked less like an artifact and more like something you'd pick up at Toys R Us.

He looked nothing like I pictured him. I thought of him as a slightly less stocky version of Rhyno from the WWF, with a seriously scarred fizzog. The magical eye was a horrendous piece of trash as you say.

MrMacphisto said:
Because quite frankly, that part of the book was boring.

Philistine. All action and no brain teasers. I ask you... :idunno:

MrMacphisto said:
I agree. Rita Skeeter was an annoying character anyway. They should have left her out altogether. The same thing goes for Moaning Myrtle.

MM was a little bit necessary for the sake of exposition. RS could have been beefed up a bit.

MrMacphisto said:
This was another boring part that was rightfully shortened.

You either love quiddich or you hate it. :smilelove

MrMacphisto said:
I think we can assume that his death will be referred to near the beginning of the next movie. It was a brief off-stage event in the book anyway.

But a significant one, because it showed the Dementors were already doing Voldie-arse's business.

MrMacphisto said:
I thought that effect was great. It was subtle and clean all the same. Nothing too flashy, but not too low-tech either.... Oh yeah, and he's credited because Oldman is the man! :D

He certainly is! Da dude! I'm just feeling bitter and twisted that's all he got used for I guess. They spend an utterly pointless ten minutes extending the dragon scene into a ridiculous chase across the rooftops of the school when they could have been putting in some decent exposition that actually arseing, buggering, sporking meant something.

MrMacphisto said:
Half-Blood Prince was my fave, since Snape is my favorite character. Hopefully, Cuaron will do that movie. I also hope the last book of the series ups the body count, but I suppose Rowling has to keep things somewhat tame for the younger audience... heh heh...

Her latest word is the body count will continue to go up significantly.

MrMacphisto said:
I do hope that the next movie is 3 hours long though.

Actually, I don't think it will be. Although OOTP is the biggest book, I reckon it's also the one that could be cut the most in the making of the movie, because nine tenths of it is filler. They could cut shed loads from it and still not lose the central arc. POA and GOF could both be longer films than OOTP.

Well I saw the movie this past weekend. I know there was a lot of girlish giggling going on in the tent but that doesn't mean there was tickling going on. Maybe they had just shared a joke between them, it's just a guess. I will tell you one thing I really really enjoyed it! It was awesome!

:whip:

Yes Yes !!! You Were Right!!

You were sooo right about that Ginny/Hermione thing!!!! I could hear them!!! I was just wishing they were tickling each other!!! :) Haha You could hear it!
<walks into tent>
Rons dad: Girls room over there (Points)
<Ginny and Hermione in girls room>

Hermione: <laughter> (sounded ticklish to me) Ginny! Stop it!

muahaha
-Sarah

Omg What?

:woot:
elfriend said:
I Knew I saw tickling!!!
OMG SAW? WHERE?!?!?! Oh wait did you just make a typo? Damn... Cuzz u know, i heard tickling, but didn't see any. if you saw it, tell me cuzz i have the DVD and i wanna see it!

Sorry

Sorry to keep adding things to this post so many times in a row but I wanted to add something about the movie!! THERE WAS NO DOBBIE OR WINKY OR LUDO BAGMAN OR DURSLEYS OR REAL QUIDDITCH MATCH and stuff and it was really really sadenning!

What's New

6/9/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday eve at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back