• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Has anyone ever been outed by this site?

socktickler86

1st Level Red Feather
So this thought came to me when that facebook thread popped up a while back. Has anyone ever actually been outed by this site? Or anything related to this site? And by this I mean another TMF member somehow making it known to people in your non-fetish life about what you do?

I've noticed a lot of people are amazingly secretive about themselves. Some people don't use real first names, say what state they live in, no pics, don't say what type of job they have, etc.

Now, during the days of facebook and myspace when the internet was new, people basically assumed if someone found out you lived in a certain state, you were pretty much going to be kidnapped and murdered the next day. So everyone was super secretive. Now-a-days, especially with facebook around, peoples entire life is out there for other people to see including (which is absolutely creepy to me considering many people add anyone and everyone to their facebook) what physical location someone is at in real-time!

So the thing I've been wondering is why hasn't the psychology changed much when it comes to things like this? Of course a fetish is never something you're going to put on your facebook, but I'm under the assumption that people have grown up intellectually enough to realize using a real first name isn't going to be the precursor to all your friends finding out you like staring at girls feet on the train or airplane or whatever. Some people still think this way though! And I wonder why. So the first to find out is whether or not people HAVE actually been outed by this site or related sites. So has anyone had their secret spill out the website/your fetish community? Know of anyone who had it happen?

And when I say outed, I really do mean by another member. Having your laptop open and a roommate you thought was gone walking by and seeing a bunch of flashing ads with women tied down and being tickled doesn't count :)

Well I have a story that is sort of similar. I had a woman I hated find my Model Mayhem page. I have a model name that is different from my real name, but I had used where I was staying for the location. My about me on there talked about how I was an open minded kinkster and wanted to do fetish modeling. The woman that found the page and I pretty much hated each others guts. I found out that she had decided to do modeling too and her page got ok'ed a week after mine. We were both students at the same college and she must have looked up local models in the area. She decided to leave a rude comment on one of my pictuers and used my real first name on it as well. She asked what I was doing like she thought there was something wrong with me. Well I deleted her comments, but the damage was already done. She was living in an apartment with two other people that hated me as well. All three of them had big mouths and I became the freak of the whole school. The looks I got wherever I walked was horrible. Some people would yell slut when I went walking. I pretty much turned into an outcast. My attitude was pretty much fuck everybody! I only had one person that would even really talk to me. I was so grateful for my TMF and FetLife friends. They really helped me get by. My last year of college sicked ass on a social stand point.

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear that those things have actually happened.

Befriended a local ticklephile I met on here... made the mistake of not warning him my Facebook page was "vanilla". Within a half an hour he was asking me if I've had any "tickle action" lately; thank God I was online at the time to perform a rapid cleanup or I'd be super-embarrassed in the morning.

Tread cautiously!

Well I have a story that is sort of similar. I had a woman I hated find my Model Mayhem page. I have a model name that is different from my real name, but I had used where I was staying for the location. My about me on there talked about how I was an open minded kinkster and wanted to do fetish modeling. The woman that found the page and I pretty much hated each others guts. I found out that she had decided to do modeling too and her page got ok'ed a week after mine. We were both students at the same college and she must have looked up local models in the area. She decided to leave a rude comment on one of my pictuers and used my real first name on it as well. She asked what I was doing like she thought there was something wrong with me. Well I deleted her comments, but the damage was already done. She was living in an apartment with two other people that hated me as well. All three of them had big mouths and I became the freak of the whole school. The looks I got wherever I walked was horrible. Some people would yell slut when I went walking. I pretty much turned into an outcast. My attitude was pretty much fuck everybody! I only had one person that would even really talk to me. I was so grateful for my TMF and FetLife friends. They really helped me get by. My last year of college sicked ass on a social stand point.

That's...sick..

That doesn't make sense. Unless your facebook id is "locker669" or "socktickler86", the connection isn't there.

Actually, back when I was in high school and ultra-lurking on here, I made the mistake of using my e-mail name as my username, youthful mistake..
Flash foward to when I was in the Army, my girlfriend googled my e-mail for whatever reason..I think trying to find my "Myspace" or something from a friend's house..
..she already knew about the tickling thing, but after she was like "You're really REALLY into it, aren't you?".

I mean, she was fine with it, I've never had a girlfriend in my life that wasn't..
..but it was eerie..

Also, the reason I stopped using that username AND that e-mail..
..my dad is a computer programmer, spends WAY too much time online, and he sent me an e-mail once saying "You need to be careful what you sign up for with your real e-mail.."
..I tried pressing him on it, to no avail, he never has told me what he found, but I imagine it was the good ol' TMF account from my high school days..

..gotta be careful out here man..

Also to add on that, if you have a user name you use in multiple places, it's bound to surface. More than once I've seen users have the same name for many forums. It does show up!

No, but I think it'd be kinda funny. Cuz the only way anyone around here would find my account is if they searched the forums themselves :p

I suppose most people know I like to tickle them so I am not sure I would care. And if they did maybe they are stocking me. Which might be fun too lol.

Befriended a local ticklephile I met on here... made the mistake of not warning him my Facebook page was "vanilla". Within a half an hour he was asking me if I've had any "tickle action" lately; thank God I was online at the time to perform a rapid cleanup or I'd be super-embarrassed in the morning.

Tread cautiously!

Yes this is a problem. I am going to have to keep that in mind! I have to say I have not thought about it before.

Wow, that really sucks. Sorry to hear you went to school with such assholes. Hope things are better for you now.

Another advantage to my choice of username.

Yup that should show up a lot of places :p

When I google my screen name, it shows up in exactly the places I expect it to show up and not a single site more. I guess I'm just naturally very purposeful in what I do with my online presence. In fact, I probably know exactly what any given person might know about me online from as little as my city and age right down to a couple of people who probably know enough to find me at my job (those people are few in number) and the class room I teach so they could stab me in the back after a late night lab. Obviously the latter group I specifically make sure they are shorter than me and untrained in the martial arts.

I think that looking me up on the internet would prove quite... B-

No. Nevermind. Just, no.

Not to sound too much of an IT nerd, but these web pages are 'spidered' by search engines. If you have an email address on your profile, and I search Facebook for it, and you use the same email for both accounts, I could get onto your Facebook and tell your friends (Not that I would, I have a life). Vice-versa works too, if I got someones email address from a Facebook profile, a random friend lets say, unlikely as it is, if I googled it and they'd made it public on here, it would show.

So for example, an employer who has your CV may Google your email to see what you get upto on the internet, and see it?

Somebody who you may have upset on here may Google your email (if you've made it public or shared it in whatever way) or search Facebook for it, and out you.

Better being safe than sorry!

So for example, an employer who has your CV may Google your email to see what you get upto on the internet, and see it?

Using your personal email for your fetish stuff is pretty bad, but having your fetish stuff use the same e-mail as your professional life is roflcopter.

Not to sound too much of an IT nerd, but these web pages are 'spidered' by search engines. If you have an email address on your profile, and I search Facebook for it, and you use the same email for both accounts, I could get onto your Facebook and tell your friends (Not that I would, I have a life). Vice-versa works too, if I got someones email address from a Facebook profile, a random friend lets say, unlikely as it is, if I googled it and they'd made it public on here, it would show.

Somebody who you may have upset on here may Google your email (if you've made it public or shared it in whatever way) or search Facebook for it, and out you.

Better being safe than sorry!

That's very true. That's also why I keep my privacy settings on Facebook super strict.

Just to experiment though, I googled all of my fetish related e-mail addresses and usernames, and none of it traced back to me. Guess I should consider myself lucky.

What's New

6/8/2024
If you need to report a post the report button is to its lower left!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back