• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Has anyone heard this before?

njjen3953

4th Level Orange Feather
I have heard many times that when steaming a lobster, if you want to make sure if does not scream, you should soak it in beer first to get it drunk. I told this to someone tonight and you would have thought he was the lee and me the ler. He laughed for 10 minutes straight.

Am I the only one who knows this?

Lobsters scream? LOL. :D No, I've never heard of that! Thanks a lot, Jen--now I have an image of a drunk lobster stuck in my head. :p

Has anyone heard of this

Jen,
I knew you were a seductress but, getting a lobster drunk before you get him in the hottub? What a tease you are. Poor lobster. He thought he was in for the night of his life.

OMG Jen, now I am going to make like a lee and ROTFLMAO....that is too funny, I have heard them clank against the pot a bit but scream....lol

JPie

PS...how do you like my new sig? compliments of the Venray's of course!

What? No one has steamed lobster? There's a weird squealing noise, but I had understood it to be the steam attempting to escape from the shell. Happens with crawdads and crabs, too, though I understand not all crabs do such.

Them shellfish don't have a nervous system that senses pain, last I read. Like fish, they can lose part of their bodies and keep right on goin'. Haven't ya ever seen a crab or lobster lose a claw? They keep right at what they were doing. It's weird and interesting.

trivia for the masses,

dvnc

STOP! STOP! I Can't Stand IT!

Yes, if you are gonna steam them by all means get them drunk first so they will not scream! And their little claws pawing the pot trying to get out!
Or at least let the Jedi help!:wow:
10030949.jpg

I feel better knowing that they are snookered!:D

GRRRRRRRRR

You people are supposed to be helping me prove my point. I was not trying to be funny.

:sowrong:

Sweetie, I was joking! :jester: I too was trying to be funny!
:rolleyes: Guess my joke took a belly flip!

I thought it was funny Jen:)

Tracy,
It was funny. You all are funny, bit I was totally serious. I have heard this several times. It is not like I just heard it once and was being gullible(sp). Oh well. Someone else MUST have heard it.

Just...

kill the damn things first. Nothing needs to be boiled alive...grrr. If you chop the head off with one strong blow, and THEN put the lobster into the pot, I don't think you're sacrificing any of the "flavor" that purists are always screaming about in this process. Things do need to be killed, I'm a realist, but we have the ability to do so in many cases without inflicting needless pain.

Top of the food chain and happy about it, but it brings responsibility as well---Q

I am with Q here. Kill the things BEFORE you cook them. I can't stand to think of being boiled alive myself, so I could never do it to anything else! I too understand that animals are eaten, even though I do not generally do so myself, but please, be humane about it, as little suffering as possible. (You can't tell I am not a fan of Shellfish because of this can you? lol)

Pawz

What's New

5/27/2024
Take a moment to think about those that sacrificed all on this Memorial Day.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back