• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Haste To The Festival (InuYasha) (soles)

Celtic_Emperor

3rd Level White Feather
I finished this picture last night, while it was still technically my birthday, but I didn't put my initials and date on it yesterday, since by the time I had put the finishing touches it was already past midnight.

Anyways, I'm very proud of how this picture came out, even though there were a few nagging things about it that kept bothering me throughout the process. The main thing was InuYasha himself. Since I have little to no experience drawing male characters, it made it difficult. I'm also not used to drawing two characters in one picture. So angles and such and how close they were was taken into consideration even more so.

Anyways, this is my first time drawing either of these two characters or anything from this series. I hope I did them justice.

This was a request made by a member of my yahoo group, and while I switched some things around, I sure hope he enjoys it when he sees it, and I hope you do too.

I call this one "Haste To The Festival" as InuYasha is carrying Kagome to a nearby festival thats about to begin. :)

P.S- This picture is much larger in byte size than any of my other pictures, even if they were colored. This is due to the quality and details, the colors, and to the background. Please be patient if for some reason the picture takes a while to display. Its well worth the wait. Thank you. ^__^

HasteToTheFestival.jpg

Very nice pic, as usual. The coloring is really well done. I really like the use of a background too. The only real nitpik I have is that Kagome's expression, while cute, seems a little unnatural.

Its a shame that no one else has commented on such a good picture :confused: . Anyway, keep it up CE! I can't wait to see those Slayers pics!

Thanks alot. :) I don't see whats unnatural about her expression at all. What IS natural for her, you know? She's pretty stoic at times.

As far as no one else commenting or not enough people, well, isn't that normal? We know its not the art. Whatever. :rolleyes:

And its only been up for a day. Its easy for new threads to get bumped down quickly. Although I will admit, I never used to have to bump my threads before and I shouldn't have to... :sowrong:

Last edited:
Also, I forgot to mention that most people reply to the ones I post in the original artwork forum. I place it in both for those that may miss it in one of them.

So, this thread has several replies already, just not in this forum.

Thats second time I've heard that. How does it not look like Kagome people? The only differences is that she has makeup on, her hair is up and held back (and has a purplish tint to it which I might add is common and she even has it in the anime from time to time), and she's wearing a yukata.

Use some common sense..obviously she's going to look different if she's dressed differently and all that.

Other than that, I'd say it looks just like her. Sorry to blast you like that, but I don't see how it doesn't look like her just because I didn't draw her as she typically looks. That would have been boring for this picture and the whole point of a festival and going there wouldn't have seemed important if she didn't get dressed up.

I certainly think it looks like Kagome. Most people would tend to look different with makeup on and their hair put up.

As for the expression, I don't think its bad or anything. It just looks like she's smiling for a camera :D . Many pictures have facial expressions like this so maybe thats what you intended? As I said before, this is really just a personal nitpik.

Thank you. I made sure to maintain her bangs over her forehead like she always has them. So thats one other thing that tracable.

As for her smiling, well, she's just happy, and she's blushing under that red makeup, just like he's slightly blushing. She's not really winking, I would think though. Their eyes are locked on eachother, though it may not look that way initially. Its common in anime for a character to hold one eye open and leave the other one closed.

Several characters have done this, and I've noticed they do it for different reasons. Spike from Cowboy Bebop did it, and I took it as him meaning that he had everything under control, or was coy about it.

In Kagome's case, its a dash of fun.

Its understandable though how this trait can be totally confusing unless someone explains it to you. Its one of those sometimes unfathomable anime things that artists create to signify something, something usually subtle.

It's good except you shouldn't give them rosie cheeks (in my opinion..they dont do that in that show) and kagome's hair up makes her look like that wind bitch.

Well, you're wrong. They blush on the show all the time, and you need to realise that thats traditional makeup she's wearing, and its supposed to look like that.

As for the wind "bitch", I'm not sure I know what you're talking about, and I'm not sure I want to know with that attitude. :p

Thanks for at least saying its good though.

i wasnt having a bad attitude by calling her a bitch, i just called her a bitch cause shes one of the bad guys (or girls) on the show.

Well, there was no way for me to know that, and I'm not used to people calling villians that. :p

Celctic, I''m new posting on here, but maybe I can explain why it doesnt look like Kagome:

1) Her hair looks as tho it's tinted purple, and in the show it's black.

2)Her eyebrows are WAY too flashy and big.

3) Her mouth just....doesn't look right. Dunno what it is, but it doesn't.

The way you changed her appearance, by adding makepup and putting her hair back and stuff, detracts from the recongnition factor in the pic. It is a good one tho.

I was well aware of that when drawing the picture but I don't see it as detremental or offsetting. Its clear who it is even with the artistic differences (which explains the mouth which if fine but perhaps unusual to you), and any differences because of her dressing up is to be expected. Its just realism for you. No one person would look the same if they dressed in something that is unexpected, uncommon, or even rare for them.

The fact we see Kagome in a school girl outfit some 90% of the time, that image is branded on alot of people's minds. So in a way thats what they expect to see. Its understandable though.

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. And welcome to the TMF. :)

I really like the way you do hair and eyes, the colour work is impressive, but i don't think the not-very-subtle scribble lines on the cheeks work, and the inside of her mouth looks like a 2d pink blob, and pulls down the rest of the picture which is very detailed. But that's just my thoughts, probably down to style more than anything.
P.s. I liked the predator one too! lol :p

First off, gotta say it's a beautiful and very nice pic. Great job.

Now, down to specifics...

The clothing is AMAZING! A lot of detail in color, shading, and texture went into that and it looks great. Like the claws on Inuyasha's hand. Not too big, or over done, but not like little nails either. Like the entire position/pose of the characters.

Downsides... very few, just some minor things I see is all. The beads around Inuyasha's neck look a little small in proportion as opposed to the show, I think. Second, while I do think the purple WAS a good touch, maybe doing more like a highlighted fashion? just small strips or whatever of purple? Just what I've seen in some other stuff that looked pretty good. Either way, yer choice.

As for it not looking like Kagome...
I have to say, if you were to take away everything but her, then no, wouldn't recognixe her. Then again, I would bet if you were to dress up 75% of all the anime girls I have seen, I wouldn't guess them either. If you change the clothes and hair, that pretty much cuts it for me.
Especially true for artists of multiple series (Rumiko Takahashi: Maison Ikkoku, Urusai Yastura, Ranma 1/2, INUYASHA)

Well, once again, great pic. I believe a while back I promised a full review of any pic I could, so here ya go!

The neckless isn't the same one from the show. I thought it looked too bulky, myself, and not refined enough.

Thanks again. :)

Ah, not the infamous "SIT BOY!!!" necklace he despises so? Kagome finally let him take it off, no wonder he's happy. No more face planting into the ground on command.

Well, it actually was a fashion choice here...it had nothing to do with what you say. LOL ^^

What's New

5/18/2024
The vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is still open! Vote in the GFA forum today!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back