• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

"He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" on cartoon network!

jason19tk

TMF Regular
On August 16th, a 3-episode special that shows the origins of both He-Man and his arch-enemy, Skeletor will air on Cartoon Network. I downloaded the trailer from castlegrayskull.org but it's not there right now. HOWEVER.... when it comes to giving you a way to view the trailer, well....as He-Man would say, " III HAVE THE POWERRRR!!! " lol .

Here's the URL to where I uploaded the file. The file is the one called motu_trailer . You need Realplayer to view it. Here's the URL...and enjoy, He-Man fans. :)

http://www.boomspeed.com/jason19tk/

Masters of the Universe on Cartoon Network? My prayers have been answered! The best cartoon ever to grace the television is returning! :veryhappy

Is this the original series, or is it the rumored "new" series I've been hearing about?

Flatfoot said:
Masters of the Universe on Cartoon Network? My prayers have been answered! The best cartoon ever to grace the television is returning! :veryhappy

Is this the original series, or is it the rumored "new" series I've been hearing about?

It's the "new" series. But it's based on the original. You can look at the trailer and notice each of the characters easily..unless that "New Adventures of He-Man " crap.

In fact, from viewing the trailer, I think of the show as more of an "updated" version of the original series. Hell, even the voices are similar to the original one...a little different, but not TOO different.

What I like best is that Prince Adam (a.k.a. He-Man ) actually LOOKS like a kid..he doesn't look like He-Man with clothes on this time. lol

If you look closely enough to the trailer while Adam is looking at his sword and while the Sorceress says " you shall be transformed into a great warrior! " , you can actually see the Sorceress has been drawn different too...but you still know it's her.

And I agree that "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" is the best cartoon ever. Only a cartoon with such excellent stories, character development ...and of course, the most dramatic of superhero transformation sequences. lol....could get people who are older than the show to watch again.

:D

Oh...and to all He-Man fans...lets write the makers of the show and beg for "Secret of the Swords " ( basically the origin of She-Ra ) to be re-made as well.

And flatfoot,(and other he-man fans. lol ) I think you should download the trailer and watch it...only then will you truly see why I'm looking forward to this "new"" series. Besides, it'll give the some of us on the forums somethin else to talk about. lol

Man, I downloaded the trailer, and I gotta tell ya, this "new" He-Man looks badass! Skeletor looks badass, Teela looks badass, The Sorceress looks like a celestial badass, Tri-Clops looks like a badass, I could keep going. I look at the animation, and I think to myself, nowadays, cartoons aren't like they used to be. The original Masters of the Universe used to recycle the same animation sequences over and over again, but I didn't care, because they used fluid motion. The character movement in this trailer reminded me of the old Thundercats intro (an old cartoon, but some of the most fluid animation in a cartoon intro that I've seen), or as if they borrowed some ideas from anime. In general, they're moving along with the times, and it looks GREAT! Even though they're moving along with the times, they're still keeping the Masters of the Universe flavor. The music shows it, and so do the mysterious, dreary-looking settings. This is a helluva lot better than that "New adventures of He-Man" crap that they churned out to revive an interest once She-Ra became the primary focus. I couldn't stand that scrawny He-Man, nor could I accept the idea that Eternia was destroyed, and the only two survivors were He-Man and Skeletor. That whole concept just sucked. Well, I just hope this series turns out to be a success, which would result in action figure production (They've already got them being released for this series, and they can be seen on http://www.he-man.org/index.shtml ), and maybe video game/PC game releases (That'd be awesome, since the series never really had video game releases on a decent format i.e. Nintendo, Sega, etc.). I'm going off on a tangent, here. I'm just going to make sure I've got my VCR set to record on August 16th. I've been looking on Cartoon Network for some sort of a commercial, to no avail. Do they have a showtime listed, yet?

Damn I'm 24 and was just the right age to see this at 5 or 6 when it was first aired in the UK! I loved that series, and am delighted that it's getting aired on Cartoon Network. Do you think the UK version of Cartoon Network will carry it too?

i can`t wait,i always used to watch he-man...and had all the toys

BigJim said:
Damn I'm 24 and was just the right age to see this at 5 or 6 when it was first aired in the UK! I loved that series, and am delighted that it's getting aired on Cartoon Network. Do you think the UK version of Cartoon Network will carry it too?

I don't know if they'll show it on UK's Cartoon Network or not. If not, don't give up hope...they'll eventually HAVE to put it on DVD so other He-Man fans -- new and old -- can enjoy it.

Isn't it ironic that the show's main purpose at first was to be just a long toy commerical ( yes, that's true!! )...and now it's considered one of the best cartoons ever?

I hope they keep it even more close to the original series with the small lessons they always teach at the end of each episode. ( you know, stuff like it's not right to steal and other good moral lessons )

I had loads of the toys too. I even had a Castle Grayskull with working trapdoor, (where the hell was that in the series???:confused: ) but was dead jealous of my cousin because he had Snake Mountain as well.

Flatfoot said:
Sorceress looks like a celestial badass

ROCGFLMFUAO ( Rolling On Castle Grayskull's Floor, Laughing My "Fur Underweared" Ass Off :p...Hey, I hadda put a He-Man one in there somehow. lol ) a celsetial badass. lol I agree....Sorceress is one lady you don't want to mess with. lol

Flatfoot said:
I'm going off on a tangent, here. I'm just going to make sure I've got my VCR set to record on August 16th. I've been looking on Cartoon Network for some sort of a commercial, to no avail. Do they have a showtime listed, yet?

Umm..I think the show starts at 4 p.m. Eastern time. I'm not sure, though...I'll check both he-man.org and castlegrayskull.org to make sure.

I like the new animation as well. However, I don't think the original series had very fluid animation...it was too...2-D compared to Thundercats. Not to mention when He-Man dodged an energy blast, his roll would be as slow as a snail's. lol

However, I LOVED when he'd pound the ground, causing an earthquake. The only thing I really miss is the fact that Adam wasn't in front of Castle Grayskull while transforming into He-Man...but that might've been the exception in the trailer, since He was tranforming for the first time..and was inside the Crystal Castle ( which is where She-Ra transforms in front of...)

And I too hated "New Adventures of He-Man" ...I hardly even remember one episode...and the one episode I DID watch...I don't even remember half of it. Only thing I remembr is him cutting up some beast-like thing that was attacking some kids...and the beast turned out to be a robot. The only thing I could think in disgust was " Man, what a Ninja Turtle rip-off. " ( cause it was like when Leonardo cut into a Foot Soldier robot and found out it was a machine)

I hardly even recognized He-Man at all. Eternia got destroyed in that series? Man I didn't know that...that DOES suck...it's like everything He-Man fought to protect meant nothing after all that time. Waitaminute...how did his sword function then, since it's from Castle Grayskull?....and obviously the castle went out with Eternia....you're right..the concept for that show sucked. lol

The New Adventures Of He-Man sucked big time! By the way, wasn't the Sword of Power and the other one whatever it was called(She-Ra's ) carved from some mystical meteorite? Because I'm sure there was supposed to be another one that was evil but got destroyed by the good guys in one hell of a battle.Anyone know anything about that?

BigJim said:
The New Adventures Of He-Man sucked big time! By the way, wasn't the Sword of Power and the other one whatever it was called(She-Ra's ) carved from some mystical meteorite? Because I'm sure there was supposed to be another one that was evil but got destroyed by the good guys in one hell of a battle.Anyone know anything about that?

I think you're mistaking He-Man and She-Ra's swords for Conan's. In his cartoon, his sword was made from this stuff called "Star Metal ".

But the swords that He-Man and She-Ra had were made from a special metal on Eternia.

In fact, I've read that He-Man's harness is made of the same stuff..and that's what gives him MOST of his super-strength.

And yes, there was a third sword. It was hidden under Snake Mountian, right? I read that it wasn't destroyed...it refused to serve Skeletor and then it fused with He-Man's sword, making it stronger than ever.

I bet 'ol bonehead wasn't too happy about that. lol

He-Man said:

I think you're mistaking He-Man and She-Ra's swords for Conan's. In his cartoon, his sword was made from this stuff called "Star Metal ".

But the swords that He-Man and She-Ra had were made from a special metal on Eternia.

In fact, I've read that He-Man's harness is made of the same stuff..and that's what gives him MOST of his super-strength.

And yes, there was a third sword. It was hidden under Snake Mountian, right? I read that it wasn't destroyed...it refused to serve Skeletor and then it fused with He-Man's sword, making it stronger than ever.

I bet 'ol bonehead wasn't too happy about that. lol

I remeber that episode! My god what a memory! Tha third sword had a voice didn't it? I remember it floating in the air with the Sword of Power and saying something along the lines of......."I will merge with He-Man's sword, to give him more strength to protect Eternia!" Then with a flash they collided and merged into one.

But that's not the story I'm thinking of. This one was definatley a He-Man/She-Ra story. It was in a comic book though, not in the cartoon. In it it showed the origin of the two swords with wize old wizards carving them out of a meteorite and sending them to the two seperate worlds of Eternia and Etheria. Then when they weren't looking, a last evil wizard made an evil sword out of the meteorite and tried touse it for his own ends but they caught him and split it in half, hiding both halves a long way away from each other. Anyways, Skeletor and Hordac learned of it and tried to use it, but the heroes saved the day and destroyed it in the end. I know it's nothing to do with Conan because I never saw any of those cartoons.

Anyone else heard of this He-Man/She-Ra storyline?:confused:

New He-Man episodes

There are new He-Mn episodes and toys on their way...Mattel bought the copyrights.

Masters of the Universe? I haven't seen this cartoon since.....since...since I was too young to remember.

with this, and the impending return of Ren and Stimpy, TV may actualy become worth watching again....although this may mean less time on the comp..........dilemas, dilemas........:)

duo_maxwell said:
Masters of the Universe? I haven't seen this cartoon since.....since...since I was too young to remember.

with this, and the impending return of Ren and Stimpy, TV may actualy become worth watching again....although this may mean less time on the comp..........dilemas, dilemas........:)

Isn't a hard decision for ME to get off the computer for those 90 mins on Aug 16th...I wanna see the origin of He-Man and Skeletor!

By the way..since Adora , a.k.a. She-Ra will have to be in there a little bit ( remember her history? Hordak kidnaps her, I think and raises her..and only until she gets her sword and talks to the Sorceress in "Secret of the Swords" , she doesn't realize what she's doing is wrong ) , anyone think there'll be a re-make of Secret of the Swords? On castlegrayskull.org ( well, on it's message boards ) some of us are discussing stuff like " if there were a live action version of Secret of the Swords, who should be cast, who should compose the music ..." and other fun stuff. lol

In my opinion, if they re-made Secret of the Swords in either animated form or live action form, I think they should include the original transformation sequence music for both He-Man and She-Ra. Sure it's old, but it's still pretty damn good. lol

Crap. I was way too late to post this news for the TMF He-Man. lol.
Sorry, Jason beat me to it!

DK

Re: New He-Man episodes

The_New_One said:
There are new He-Mn episodes and toys on their way...Mattel bought the copyrights.

No surprise there. Mattel was the company that sold the original Masters of the Universe toys, wasn't it? Anyone besides me had Castle Grayskull? I didn't have the Sorceress in human ( if you can call her that. lol ) form, though. I had Battle Cat with removeable armor, but it was more of a statue than a toy...it had no moving parts, darn it! I mean, sure Cringer was sometimes a little stiff after I transformed him ( that's why you would see him stretching out. lol ) ..but he wasn't THAT stiff.

Darkknight said:
Crap. I was way too late to post this news for the TMF He-Man. lol.
Sorry, Jason beat me to it!

DK

You goof, I AM jason19tk. lol I am also Adam, Prince of Eternia and defender of the secrets of Castle Grayskull. *looks at Cringer * This is Cringer...my fearless friend. Fabulous secret powers were revealed to me *draws sword * the day I held aloft my magic sword and said By the Power of Grayskull!!

* lightning shoots from the sword blade into the sky and Grayskull appears behind me. Adam is surrounded by blinding light and transforms into He-Man and with echoing voice: III HAVE THE POWERRR!!! *

*Points sword blade towards the cat who is trying his best to hide from the thunder and lightniing...lightning shoots out at Cringer and transforms him into an armored tiger twice the size of Cringer. *

Cringer became the might Battle Cat...and I became: HE-MAN...THE MOST POWERFULL MAN IN THE UNIVERSE!!

Only three others share this secret: Our friends the Sorceress, Man-At-Arms, and Orko.

Together, we defend Castle Grayskull from...THE EVIL FORCES OF SKELETOR!!

(lol I couldn't resist. )

I didn't have Castle Grayskull, but I had the Eternia playset(I thing that's what it was called.), which was those three huge towers, with the little electronic monorail that would circle around it. Anyone remember that thing? That set was badass. It took up half my room!

So, how was the show? I was away and missed it :(. I've heard the animation is unbeleivable. I've seen the new action figures in the stores...they look incredible. I'm going to watch the series when it starts on Aug 30'th(this Friday). Was it as good as expected?

I'm glad to see that another classic from the past is being revived.
Also did any one see the new Transformers? How was that?
I keep missing all the things I want to see.

I watched it, and it was pretty badass, imo.....but the only problem I had with it was this......cringer didn't talk.....WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!! YOU'RE MAKING A HE-MAN REVIVAL, AND YOU DON'T LET CRINGER TALK!!!????? YOU JUST RE-USE THE SAME CAT NOISE THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE EPISODE!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

.....ummmm.....yeah.....but, other than that, it was very cool.....I guess I'll give cartoon network the benefit of the doubt, and hope that when the series begins, cringer will have a voice actor......now, if you'll all excuse me, I have some action figures to go play with......

Everlast, that is a kickass signature! Very philosophical too.:)

Everlast said:
I watched it, and it was pretty badass, imo.....but the only problem I had with it was this......cringer didn't talk.....WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!! YOU'RE MAKING A HE-MAN REVIVAL, AND YOU DON'T LET CRINGER TALK!!!????? YOU JUST RE-USE THE SAME CAT NOISE THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE EPISODE!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

.....ummmm.....yeah.....but, other than that, it was very cool.....I guess I'll give cartoon network the benefit of the doubt, and hope that when the series begins, cringer will have a voice actor......now, if you'll all excuse me, I have some action figures to go play with......

Hell, I'll do the voice acting for Cringer/Battle Cat. lol I miss hearing his remarks before the transformations.

Cringer as he watches Adam draw the Sword of Power : "Oh no...here we go again...."

lol

I hope Cringer does have a voice soon, though. They could easily fit it into the story ( remember, the He-Man characters usually grew and learned so they weren't always the same as last episode). All they'd hav to do is write it like: the Sword of Power's magic permanently gives Cringer/Battle Cat the ability to talk.

And they could have an excuse for Adam as well: for his birthday, the Sorceress wanted to give Adam a present, so she used her magic on Cringer so he could talk with Adam.

And of course, the people of Eternia --besides the ones who know Adam and Cringer's secret -- will assume that Battle Cat just knew how to talk. For his own reasons, he decided not to talk when they first met Battle Cat and He-Man.

There...that works....now if they just maybe have Cringer slowly learn to speak ( he wouldn't speak perfectly at first, after all. ) and we'll all be happy. lol

OR..

What if they made it where Orko tried doing a magic trick, and his spell messed up....and made Cringer talk? And maybe they could say Orko did the same spell for Battle Cat --but on purpose this time. lol -- so he could communicated with He-Man better?

That'd work too, I think.

I actually think the second idea would work better, cause then everyone won't be surprised that Cringer can talk after that little accident.

Oh and ya know what I'd love to see? He-Man and Battle Cat needing to travel to earth to help out the Justice League. That'd could end up pretty funny.

Police officer: "Hey, pal, you might wanna put somethin on over that underwear..
He-man : "....underwear?....."
police officer: " and what's with the tiger? we have leash laws around here, ya know... and i hope you brought something to pick up any....mess ....he makes if he goes inside a building"

BattleCat : "Hey, I resent that--I'm housebroken!"

lmao :D

All I can say is that everything about the new series was badass, like I thought it would be. They offered explanations to a lot of things that used to go unexplained. The most important one to me being a little about Skeletor's past, which you'll see in the beginning. Prince Adam is no longer He-Man without a tan, wearing a pink shirt and having a higher-pitched voice. Now, he's a bratty prince who is reluctant to accept his fate. This will make for good character development. The villains are not complete losers anymore. They actually give the Defenders a run for their money, now, which is definitely an improvement. I could keep going on and on about the cool things about this, but I've got stuff I gotta do.

WATCH THE SERIES!!!!!

What's New

4/28/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday Eve at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back