• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

"He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" on cartoon network!

I hope to God, that Cartoon Network in the UK brings this out again. Come to think of it, I'd be happy with the old cartoon.

By the way, to all those of you who have seen the new version.........

What is the transformation sequence like? Is it anything like the old one?

COOL!!

Thanks guys...for the info. I can't wait to see it this Friday. I read the first three episodes are going to be the 90 minute pilot that aired on the 16th, just broken into segments.

I hope eventually the Defenders go against Hordak and the Horde as well as the Snake Men. Remember those guys?

Don't worry Big Jim I'm sure it will eventually air on Catoon Net.in the UK. If it doesn't I'd be surprised.

Last edited:
As far as the transformation sequence goes, some say it leaves a bit to be desired. Personally, I think the whole scene leading up to the transformation was badass, with a long silence as the Sorceress lead Prince Adam through the dark recesses of Castle Grayskull into some huge, underground crystalline cavern, where the transformation was to take place. The actual transformation maybe could've been a little more spectacular, but I'm not gonna complain about it when the whole cartoon is badass.

You can see the first review of the 90 minute pilot, from He-Man.org, here:

http://www.he-man.org/news_images/motu_beginning-review/motu_beginning_review.html

The episode guide is up on Cartoon Network and on He-Man.org. Alot of the older characters are going to be making an apperance.....Buzz Off, Zodac, Roboto ect.. The Snake Men are back as well. COOL!

Anyone interested should check it out.

Re: COOL!!

Longbaugh said:
Thanks guys...for the info. I can't wait to see it this Friday. I read the first three episodes are going to be the 90 minute pilot that aired on the 16th, just broken into segments.

I hope eventually the Defenders go against Hordak and the Horde as well as the Snake Men. Remember those guys?

Don't worry Big Jim I'm sure it will eventually air on Catoon Net.in the UK. If it doesn't I'd be surprised.

If the Defenders need to go against Horak, the "Secret of the Swords" animated He-Man/She-Ra movie needs to be updated with better animation, since basically, that's the origin of She-Ra. Besides I've heard it's hard to find, so they might as well make one of the greatest animated movies, anyway. lol The story needs to be kept pretty much the same, though, because wasn't much to improve... if there was anything that needed improving at all.

Personally, now that we've seen Skeletor's origin, how about Hordack's origin, before they lead up to a new Secret of the Swords. That's what I'd love to see.

Although the transformation sequence is still one of the most dramatic superhero transformations, I don't think it beats the original. There's just somethin about when He-Man is standing in front of that eerie castle with the energy flowing out of it.

Oh well, I'm glad they didn't mess everything up bad enough that I'd hate the show. Like I said, they can always find a way to make Cringer develop the ability to talk for later on in the series. Might make for some interesting character development. I say we all write the the writers of the show and ask them to give Cringer/Battle Cat a voice. :)

I read that review Flatfoot, and it gave me some great food for thought. I am the eternal kid at heart ( Eternial?:blaugh: )and I love these old cartoon series. I have to admit that two of the great things about Castle Grayskull was is bulk rather than verticalness and the fact that it almost seemed like a living orgaism on the inside. I also liked the Sorceress being garbed in that bird suit, because it linked her metaphorically to a lot of pre-christian deities. I guess the whole pharoah/pyramid throne thing does the same, but I will miss he old look quite a lot.

I was also a bit sad to hear about how the voices were so bad this time round. I know it was only one person's opinion, but.....hey-ho.

What the hell! I'm just looking forward to seeing it again after so many damn years. It must be close to 15 now. On a side note, does anyone know where I can get hold of copies of the episodes of the original series?

If you've got KaZaA and a fast internet connection, you can look there. Sometimes, you'll only get episode clips, but if you're lucky, you can download full episodes. I've got about 17 episodes that I've downloaded, so far.

As far as the review, I personally didn't have any problem with the voices, except maybe Skeletor, who looks impressively evil, but sounds like he's got a rubber band wrapped around his nuts. Don't get me wrong, I liked Skeletor's original voice by Alan Oppenheimer, but his voice also echoed in the old series, making him sound more impressive. Now, with a different voice actor, he's got the high pitch, but no echo, which sounds a little silly (He'll still whoop your ass, though!).

As far as the Sorceress' appearance and attitude, I haven't got any complaints. I think she looks MORE detailed, now, and a little more magnificent in a celestial way. Also, I feel her cold, no nonsense attitude is an improvement.

As far as Cringer and Battle-Cat no longer being capable of speech, I'd hate to be the odd man out, but I actually approve of this. Being an avid fantasy fan and a D&D geek, I see Cringer/Battle-Cat as nothing more than a mount, which wouldn't/shouldn't hold much character development, anyway. How much personality and character development can a cat really exhibit, even if it can talk? What could Cringer possibly say that would improve the show? That he's scared and doesn't want to go to Snake Mountain? That sort of thing could be expressed just as clearly with whiny cat noises and cringing. I think that to have him talk would draw attention away from Prince Adam/He-Man, and wouldn't really make sense. Why should Cringer be the only magical talking cat in Eternia? If Cringer could talk, why couldn't Skeletor's cat talk? When they were developing this show, they were trying to explain things that were unexplained in the past, or eliminate them if they just didn't make sense. I think that's why Cringer doesn't talk, and why they made He-Man seem more human and less Superhuman. The way he seemed so immaculate in the original series is one of the things that killed the show. Now, he's capable of making mistakes and has room for development even AS He-Man, as he learns to accept his powers. Just look at how he acted when he first appeared to save the Defenders. When he smashed the meteor, he seemed surprised he could do it. Also, remember the cliff scene with King Randor? That was just plain funny.

One last thing before over-analyzing my new favorite cartoon. In my opinion, one of the biggest improvements I've seen so far is Evil-Lyn. In the old series, she was just the evil minion that screwed up the least and wasn't utterly stupid. Now, she's a badass! SHE WAS SUMMONING METEORS FROM THE SKY, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! Who would be capable of such a thing besides Skeletor? In the end, they even made it seem like there was a bit of tension between the two of them that could possibly lead to a future power struggle! This is awesome! Well, for the moment I'm done rambling. I think I'll go cook dinner, now.

What's New

4/28/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday Eve at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back