• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Here's one for all you "House" fans - M/F

Marquis De Sade - Brillant AND perfect? You're going to make me blush! :blush: Nah.. who am I fooling... I love every minute of it :D High praise indeed. Not sure if I completely deserve it, but it was awfully sweet of you to say.

I'm glad you thought the length was good the way it was, even though it WAS kind of long. It's truly not something I can help. When I write, I see the story playing out in my head like a movie, and it would be very difficult for me to cut out sections of it and keep the continuity of the plot going.

As for the other notes that hyped-up mentioned, I don't think learning about things like that would necessarily change my writing style or way of thinking. I don't think I would purposefully set out to add extraneous literary tools into my story just so I can say I had a good impact statement... which, BTW, I STILL don't know what the hell that is!!

Kat - WOW, I've never had anyone tell me that they've read all of my stories before! That was SO awesome to hear from someone other than myself :D Made me feel like a real author for a moment. I'm glad you enjoyed all of them, whether they be fact or fiction.

It's nice to meet another avid House fan. Isn't he the BEST? I would quickly become the BIGGEST hypochondriac in the world if I had him for a doctor....especially if he used tickling as a means to keep me under control. :xpulcy:

Thanks again to all who are posting feedback! Keep it coming!!

Maggie

Marquis De Sade - Brillant AND perfect? You're going to make me blush! :blush: Nah.. who am I fooling... I love every minute of it :D High praise indeed. Not sure if I completely deserve it, but it was awfully sweet of you to say.

I'm glad you thought the length was good the way it was, even though it WAS kind of long. It's truly not something I can help. When I write, I see the story playing out in my head like a movie, and it would be very difficult for me to cut out sections of it and keep the continuity of the plot going.

As for the other notes that hyped-up mentioned, I don't think learning about things like that would necessarily change my writing style or way of thinking. I don't think I would purposefully set out to add extraneous literary tools into my story just so I can say I had a good impact statement... which, BTW, I STILL don't know what the hell that is!!

Thanks again to all who are posting feedback! Keep it coming!!

Maggie

:bump:

And a reply, because I missed what you said: Yup yup! Brilliant and perfect indeed! :smilestar

It's can be difficult editing your own work. It's actually very hard and sometimes, you just wind up with something long but at the same time totally worthwhile, like this story! Some of the best movies are like, 3 hours long anyway and a story like this one, one that plays out in your mind and makes it easy to see things as they unfold with words can be even more engaging.

And actually, I don't know what an impact statement is either so after you learn you'll have to teach me a little. :bouncybou

:bump:.....And actually, I don't know what an impact statement is either so after you learn you'll have to teach me a little. :bouncybou

:roflmao: Looks like neither one of us paid too much attention in English class, huh? Good thing ignorance doesn't stifle creativity.

In all seriousness though, one of my favorite things to have done to my stories is to have someone else edit them. Cut out what they don't like (or don't think necessary), add their thoughts and ideas, and let me know what they thought worked and didn't work (as far as the plot line or characters are concerned). Just take a big fat red pen to the whole thing (in a relatively NICE way, of course). Because THAT is the only way I'm ever going to learn anything NEW. Compliments are wonderful, of course, but they don't really teach me anything. Always nice to get another view point to show you things you might have missed the first time around, you know?

Maggie

:roflmao: Looks like neither one of us paid too much attention in English class, huh? Good thing ignorance doesn't stifle creativity.

In all seriousness though, one of my favorite things to have done to my stories is to have someone else edit them. Cut out what they don't like (or don't think necessary), add their thoughts and ideas, and let me know what they thought worked and didn't work (as far as the plot line or characters are concerned). Just take a big fat red pen to the whole thing (in a relatively NICE way, of course). Because THAT is the only way I'm ever going to learn anything NEW. Compliments are wonderful, of course, but they don't really teach me anything. Always nice to get another view point to show you things you might have missed the first time around, you know?

Maggie

Wow. I don't think I could ever do that (let someone else do the editing). It might be fun but that's usually how movies like Gigli get released - too many cooks with their own POV. Then again though, I just told Suikoden about how much time I waste editing because of how I do it. I'll slave over using a single word or a sentence and then have to re-read the whole damn thing from the start over and over again just to see how and if that one word fits in and reads well in the context of everything else. :dropatear

What's New

4/27/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest clip store! Get details by clicking the C4S banners
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back