• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Horror Fans; More Remakes Are Coming Up

JimmyBoy

TMF Expert
After some searching around, I discovered that most of all the classics that I used to watch are all being remade. What do you think of this?

"Friday the 13th" comes out on Feb 13, 2009 (on a Friday the 13th)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758746/

"A Nightmare on Elm Street" is unknown but IMDB sets it for 2010
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1179056/

"Child's Play" is unknown but IMDB sets it for 2009
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1134807/

"Clive Barker's Hellraiser" comes out on Jan 9, 2009
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0887261/

"TROLL" is unknown but IMDB sets it for 2009
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1107849/

Not a remake but it is a sequel, "Phantasm V" is due for 2009
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1054679/

i'm a friday the 13th fanboy so it is required that i see it...the trailer is floating around somewhere

i'm pretty sure that Robert England isn't playing Freddy which is dumb

Hellraiser better be awesome

egads...this just shows that hollywood is as dull as the music industry..no more originality..ill stick to the real thing thnx.

how could anyone possibly get away with remaking nightmare on elm street?? that one needs to just be left the hell alone, in my opinion. i'd be somewhat interested in seeing how the re-do hellraiser, however. all the others need to just be left alone, man. this is getting ridiculous lol

It's amazing that they're even trying to remake "Child's Play". That was never exactly at the top of the heap when it comes to horror films. They are really reaching for material these days.

Friday is looking like just a modern Jason movie which i can be ok with.

Hellraiser i am concerned with because with minimal cgi, they made hellraiser terrifying

And thank god they got another phantasm out before angus scrimm died

Friday is looking like just a modern Jason movie which i can be ok with.

Hellraiser i am concerned with because with minimal cgi, they made hellraiser terrifying

And thank god they got another phantasm out before angus scrimm died

Angus Scrimm holds the title of creepiest old guy ever ion a horror film. Well, that I can recall. That man played the part of the Tall Man with such brilliance.

Angus Scrimm holds the title of creepiest old guy ever ion a horror film. Well, that I can recall. That man played the part of the Tall Man with such brilliance.

I still think the guy who played kane in poltergeist II was creepier

I still think the guy who played kane in poltergeist II was creepier

Ah, had forgotten about him. I don't remember much about Poltergeist II other than his appearance. I've seen the Phantasm films quite a bit over the years.

Ah, had forgotten about him. I don't remember much about Poltergeist II other than his appearance. I've seen the Phantasm films quite a bit over the years.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yczNCr5wDbc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yczNCr5wDbc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Yeah, more horror remakes! Okay no, not really. Horror movies have always held a special, albeit deranged place in my heart. I've liked some of the remakes (The Thing, Dawn of The Dead), but I hate most of them. I guess I am 50/50 on the whole remake idea. Seriously, has Hollywood run out of original ideas?

Friday The 13th- Now to me this movie is still as atmospheric and effective today. This should not be touched. Stay away, Michael Bay.

Nightmare on Elm Street- First thing that pops into my mind is simply…why? Again, not a good idea...mostly because they more than likely won’t do it right. They’ll hire hot actresses and actors to scream and flail around in blood, and some no-name to play Freddy (because I don’t think they’re going to bring Robert Englund back as Fred Krueger), and they’ll say it’ll have a “dark tone,” which means the deaths will be very gross and violent and try to outdo Eli Roth wanna-bes.

Child's Play- Evil dolls haven't been scary since the Zuni in Trilogy of Terror. I can see the remake being one big CGI-fest.

Hellraiser- I liked HellRaiser, it's a classic horror film, but a remake worries me. At least the right first step has been taken by having Clive Barker do it. It could be potentially be really good since they are giving him a reasonable budget.

I don't know enough about Troll or Phantasm V. I've only seen Phantasm I and II and I'm sure remakes on those will be on their way.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yczNCr5wDbc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yczNCr5wDbc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Nice. Creepy is definitely a good word for it. Perhaps he and Angus can share the honor.

I'm looking forward to the next phantasm, but the others are ridiculous and infuriating!

No Robert, No Nightmare!!!!!!

I'm down with the first 3 being re-done as long as the focus is making a scary movie not a gory movie. Gore isn't scary, it's disgusting.

I didn't like Rob Zombie's Halloween by the way.

Seriously, has Hollywood run out of original ideas?.

Look at it this way. It's like multiple productions of the same stage play. Same story but with a different cast. It's been going on for yeeeeears.

Problem is of course, when they mess it up. Which they do often.

Friday The 13th- Now to me this movie is still as atmospheric and effective today. This should not be touched. Stay away, Michael Bay.

The trailer to this looks like it's gonna suck. Jason runs. Jason doesn't run.

I'm down with the first 3 being re-done as long as the focus is making a scary movie not a gory movie. Gore isn't scary, it's disgusting.

Thank you! This is what I've been saying for years. Gore does not make a horror movie scary. The build up and suspense does. Over the years, directors have been completely clueless about this. Sadly, I figure they'll continue that way.

its tearble that they are doing that there si now way they can remake a classic and make it better then it already is they need to start creating movies and not remaking them they realy need to start making them how they used to when they were good and not all about the money and grafficx and stuff

Same here, I didn't like Rob Zombie's remake of Halloween. I think Rob is good when he’s filming his own creations. But explaining why Michael Myers does what he does, trying to make the audience feel sympathetic to him, doesn’t do the character justice. To me it much more frightening not knowing why Michael was the way he was.

Hopefully, Rob won't do any more remakes and stick with original material. I would love to see a full movie version of Werewolve Women of The SS. Hopefully he won't do anything stupid like try to remake A Clockwork Orange, but I can just see him trying to do that.

Also- regarding the Friday the 13th remake...I hope the producers are aware of the fact that Jason was NOT the killer in the first one...

While Hollywood once again looks to their DVD shelf instead of their imagination for ideas, I would like to recommend a movie that was a lot more in tune with the Slasher genre than I'm sure these remakes will be:

Hatchet.

Get your Gary Paulsen jokes out of the way here. Nothing to do with the book whatsoever, Hatchet is a slasher movie made a couple years ago with a great sense of humor and cameos/parts with Robert Englund, Tony Todd (mutha fuckin Candyman) and Kane Hodder, the real Jason. The gore is great, and *gasp* the characters are likable and fleshed out enough so that when they die, you just might give a damn.

I always recommend spending the 10-15 bucks on a risky DVD rather than a risky Hollywood remake. Even if the remake ends up good, you're sending the wrong message.

While Hollywood once again looks to their DVD shelf instead of their imagination for ideas, I would like to recommend a movie that was a lot more in tune with the Slasher genre than I'm sure these remakes will be:

Hatchet.

Get your Gary Paulsen jokes out of the way here. Nothing to do with the book whatsoever, Hatchet is a slasher movie made a couple years ago with a great sense of humor and cameos/parts with Robert Englund, Tony Todd (mutha fuckin Candyman) and Kane Hodder, the real Jason. The gore is great, and *gasp* the characters are likable and fleshed out enough so that when they die, you just might give a damn.

I always recommend spending the 10-15 bucks on a risky DVD rather than a risky Hollywood remake. Even if the remake ends up good, you're sending the wrong message.

Hatchet's a cool, fun movie. Good ol' fashioned slasher fun. 10-15 bucks though? Where're you getting your movies from?! :scared:

But the friday series was about gore

To me though, it didnt get scary until VI, when Jason pretty much became an undead frankenstein like monster

Hatchet.

I think the best part of hatchet for geeks like me is that we get to see mercedes mcnabb(harmony from buffy\angel) topless
mercedes_mcnab_photo_30.jpg

I've tried folks, I really have. I almost gave up on remakes when they did it to Shirley Jackson's The Haunting and the American version of Godzilla. I gave up after they really (in my opinion) destroyed King Kong. CGI has it's place and Hollywood is getting very good at it but sometimes I just get tired of it. Someone in Tinsel Town needs to remember how to read and then purchase the rights to a new novel to make a movie like they use to. They use to make some pretty suspenseful and scary pictures just by using camera angles, lighting, music and sound, and acting.

Try this as an experiment. Rent the original The Haunting, make some popcorn, and turn off all the lights. It will keep your attention.

I think rather than remaking The Thing they should do a sequel. Have a group of scientists return to the quarantined site 30 years later...when they get there, all Hell breaks loose.

What's New

4/28/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday Eve at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back