• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

How i earned my first pair of cruches

terorizer said:
Hey Mike,

All I can say is damn, Damn, DAMN!!!! That sucks to one of the higher degrees of suckstivity. I have been there, with a fractured ankle (I've fractured both ankles and had more sprains than I care to think about), and out of work for 3 months. It IS waaaay better with a clean break though, part of my Fred Sanford walk is due to my ankle maladies (never a break!!).

The best advice I can give is to do what the doctor says, stay off of it, elevate, keep dry, etc. And stay positive. Your mental outlook can have as much effect on the healing process as anything. Take it slow with the crutches, you'll find a rhythm with it. I don't think anyone's mentioned it, but I'd be remiss if I didn't tell you ummm... your armpits are going to hurt like hell after a while, so make sure the crutches are adjusted so as to have as little weight on the shoulder area as possible. You'll probably choose the lesser of two evils over the weeks (sore armpits vs sore hip of the good leg).

God I feel for you though. You may be a quick healer too, and possibly be back faster than the prognosis. When I had my fracture, after 3 weeks, I was able go get a air cast and get medically cleared to go back to work. Aside from disability, maybe you got something you can sell on E-Bay or something?

Get well soon bro!

Thanks dude, you really hit it on the nose about the cruches and the rhythm you have to pick up when moving about. The sore armpits are another drag and my one good leg is starting to show fatigue, When this is all over im not selling anything to ebay, im keeping it all in the trunk of my car for emergency purposes only :) If i had just practice more kung fu ,my falling down and catching myself technique would not be so useless......lol (private joke between buddies)

Focus

Sorry to hear what happened Back on Dec 27th,2002,I slipped on ice 15 feet or so away from the big rig I drive I broke the outside part of my left ankle and tore ligaments on the inside When you aren't used to sitting down and doing nothing it sucks

The first two weeks I was out of work dragged by After awhile I had gotten used to just sitting around Thankfully it happened at home and not someplace far from home I was off of work for 8 weeks total

Do what the doctor tells you to do Stay off of that ankle and keep it raised whenever possible IE,when sitting down etc If you have a bathtub/shower combo,there is a hose that will fit onto the tub faucet

My stepfather had gotten one of those I don't know the exact name of it It fitted onto the tub faucet It was a brown rubber thing I would put a towl over my cast and bathe and wash my hair that way I just kept my left leg out of the tub I had sat down on a small two-step rubber/plastic stool/step ladder combo

focus said:
If i had just practice more kung fu ,my falling down and catching myself technique would not be so useless......lol (private joke between buddies)

Hehehe... if only I'd told you the secret of the shaolin poles!!

My stepfather had gotten one of those I don't know the exact name of it It fitted onto the tub faucet It was a brown rubber thing I would put a towl over my cast and bathe and wash my hair that way I just kept my left leg out of the tub I had sat down on a small two-step rubber/plastic stool/step ladder combo

Thanks for the support and the great idea general zod, All i need is that little step ladder chair you wrote about and my falling in the tub problem is over, I already have the shower hose to wash up with.....Thanks again

When I was in highschool I fractured my left ankle . I heard it snap an tried to stand up on it , not the best idea . I had a full leg cast and crutches for three months . I remember it was in my senior year of highschool during the rainy season . One time going down the hall I slipped and fell smack on my butt , people were laughing and I dont remember anyone offering to help me up . I sure was glad to get that cast off and get rid of those crutches .

DannyMc said:
When I was in highschool I fractured my left ankle . I heard it snap an tried to stand up on it , not the best idea . I had a full leg cast and crutches for three months . I remember it was in my senior year of highschool during the rainy season . One time going down the hall I slipped and fell smack on my butt , people were laughing and I dont remember anyone offering to help me up . I sure was glad to get that cast off and get rid of those crutches .

Im ready to cut mine off right now because its starting to itch like crazy, It feels like im carrying a stone center block on my leg......I know what you went threw and im going threw the motions right now...thanks for stopping by

Focus , I used to use a metal clothes hanger to scratch the itch , gets way down real good . Expect when it comes off for your leg to be weak and very skinny .

DannyMc said:
Focus , I used to use a metal clothes hanger to scratch the itch , gets way down real good . Expect when it comes off for your leg to be weak and very skinny .

Im definately not looking forward to two different size legs, I knew it would be weaker, but smaller is a problem....time to break out the long paints and get ready for some daily leg exercises.....

I hope you are feeling better

Hey Mike, I'm sorry you hurt yourself. I did learn something new about a clean break vs. tissue injuries. In high school, I fractured the ligaments in my ankle and spained it. That put me out of commission for the whole season and part of basketball season. My mental state was very low due to the fact that I know that if I was able to play we could have won the games we were losing. I guess it is good that you have a break vs. torn tissue. Hang in there and you will be alright. Don't over do it. Get plenty of rest because once you get back to work you will be wishing you could be back at home chillin'. Again, I'm sorry that you broke your ankle and take care!

you know how i feel

Thanks heather, Im always glad to hear from you because you were my first real on line and off line buddy that understood me and always stayed in touch. Your a true friend and it means a lot to me for you to go out of your way and post on my thread when i know you never really post at all *smile* Anyway, hope your feeling better and i will be in touch and planning ahead...muah!!! :twohugs:

What's New

5/20/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a moment to say hello to us all!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back