• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

How long does it take to extract a tooth

tickleteasing

Verified
I am going to have one extracted on wed. My concern is not about pain but about my ability to hold my mouth open for a good length of time.

Depends on what they use

092220081801.jpg

They can keep your mouth open with a Whitehead gag if necessary. (See attached for the BDSM version, but it was invented by a dentist named Whitehead.)

To get to your original question:

I've had a bicuspid tooth extracted that took under one minute flat after the Novocaine injection. It slipped out on the first pull.

I've also had a wisdom tooth extracted where the crown broke off from the roots and the oral surgeon had to chisel out the roots one by one which took about an hour.

Attachments

• Whitehead_gag.jpg
    Whitehead_gag.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 2
Only took a few mins for the tooth I had to get extracted. No worries, it'll go by fast!!!

It will depend on whther it's a routine extraction or a surgical one. Routine ones only take a minute. If it's srugical for whatever reason, it could take anywhere from ten minutes to an hour. Mils is correct about the brace that can be used. If you're concerned about it, just mention it to your dentist before they get started. I'm sure they can set your mind (not to mention your mouth) at ease.

You don't have to worry about your mouth being open, they'll take care of that for you.

This depends on genetics too. :) Both me and my mother have the longest roots in the history of mankind. I had a tooth that was coming to pieces, and couldn't afford a root canal, so I asked for it to get pulled for $40. The dentist worked up a sweat trying to pull it, and even with the dental tool equivalent of a shoehorn, couldn't pry the damn thing out. It eventually shattered into 3 bits - the top and the 2 roots. He had to do oral surgery. He actually got pissed off and took it out on me (well, I did say no to a $1000+ root canal, and the extraction made him miss like 2 appointments....all for $40), saying if he "couldn't get it in the next 5 mins" he'd send me to an oral surgeon. He eventually got it, but after the stitches were removed I decided to change dentists to a much friendlier one I have today. :)

Gee I never had to worry about keeping my mouth open, the dentist was more concerned about when I would finally shut my mouth. Go figure.

Rob

a few years ago, went to the dentist, had to have 9 teeth removed. had to put me under for 4 hours right in the office. afterwards. i was so stuffed with cotton swabs and bleeding like a stuck mule. but high as a friggin kite!

Hey I just wanted to say please try not to worry or fret tickleteasing. I very much doubt that the procedure is going to take a long time. These people are professionals and they know what they are doing. I bet it will be maybe at the most maybe longest being maybe a hour or a half hour at the most depending on how smooth the procedure goes. From what you told me on the phone last night and what you said explaining it on the thread-it sounds like it is minimal and sounds like it won't take long. Don't worry they will give you novocaine and probably bit of codeine for the pain afterwards later on-word of advice sure your parents know this: keep a close eye on taking the codeine within balance and don't over do it-because codeine can be very habit forming. I know this because bear had to have his wisdom teeth pulled-novocaine and codeine was given to help w pain. Codeine is a very powerful pain killer-don't worry when you take this pain killer-you won't be feeling no pain-warning-you might be very drowsy and really sleepy afterwards-so make sure you get plenty of rest and sleep so you will feel better-lots of sleep and rest will help give time to help w healing after having a tooth extracted. Make sure to eat plenty of soft foods, like jello, mashed potatoes, soup-be sure not too hot, stay away from cold-keep away from ice cream for a while. Take it easy rest and eat plenty of soft foods, stay away from crunchy food and salt-since salt could sting if gets in place tooth was extracted and also for a while least a week or so-stay away from sugary foods. Basically just listen and heed what your dentist tells you to do.

Word of caution after the back tooth-molar extracted-after the tooth is extracted-your mouth might be a bit swollen from the novocaine and after surgery is done-having tooth extracted-could bleed a bit and your mouth probably is going to feel bit dry and sore so take it easy soft foods are best but over time the novocaine-numbing agent will wear off before it does-or whatever they use to numb it it could be novocaine or it could be general anesthia from mask breathe in count to 10 numb you depends on what they use-before the numbing agent wears off-injection give in your gums numb them-going to feel bit weird and tingle a bit-a warm sensation but totally normal-if they do novocaine route, however if it is oral surgery-probably general anesethia-put you to sleep and work on it, you will be out of it and not know what is happening-be asleep and it will be over before you know it. Then afterwards you might feel a bit happy and sleepy just depends-that sort of thing works different ways for each person. Likely you will feel sleepy. Hope this helps let me know if it does Hugs.

:bunny::console::console::console::console::twohugs::twohugs::twohugs::twohugs::console::twohugs::twohugs::twohugs:

When I had my wisdom teeth removed, all four, the whole thing only took about 20 to 30 minutes. Though, I was unconscious, so that might have made things easier.

What's New

5/8/2024
The final Vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is now ongoing. Visit the GFA forum to vote!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back