• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Humanity

4Pawz

Verified
So, I have a friend that is confined to a wheelchair due to a congenital birth defect. Seriously, kindest person I've ever met, which is why she's one of my best friends. So last night, she fell out of her chair in the parking lot. It's cold, nighttime, and the parking lot is covered in snow and ice. Literally every since person either drove around her or walked around her....not one person would stop to help or even ask if there was someone they could call to help, because she couldn't get up or even move to reach her purse with her phone in it. The only person that finally helped said he would only do it if she paid him...… Needless to say I am beyond furious and frustrated....not happy with humanity at all.

So, with that said, I am losing faith in humanity...post something kind you did today. Doesn't have to be big, a smile, holding the door, something!

Someone wanted to be paid to help her??? That makes me so disgusted.

Someone wanted to be paid to help her??? That makes me so disgusted.

Yeah....She was scared. She called me right after it happened....I couldn't get there in time to find him though.

What a bunch of callous losers. I understand your disgust and try to be kind daily. Doesn't cost anything and it helps immensely.

Today I sent an email to city council member to complain about a road that floods regularly under a bridge near my job. Cars stall out there, and I take public transit, so I can't cross it.

I don't know whether it will get fixed, but I intend to politely email that council rep every time this flooding occurs.

It's not exactly a happy thing, but it's empowering, and I'm sick of saying, "Somebody oughta..." when that "somebody" needs to be me, if no one else.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

That's sounds awful. Sadly, I'm kin to a few people like that (the person that wanted money to help).

People that wouldn't help someone, IMO, have no heart. They deserve less than coal for Christmas.

I'm very sorry to hear your friend went through that. It always amazes me that human's are able to be so cruel, and yet so kind at the some time, as a species. I'd like to think that maybe some of these people were more scared to get involved in a situation they didn't know anything about, as oposed to simply not caring about another persons suffering, but I could be wrong.

In many ways, the world is what we make it. If we look for good, we will find it. If we look for bad, we will find it. When something bad happens, we tend to focus on the bad. Take a moment to look for the good, remind yourself that there are good people in the world, and that they do good things. And never stop trying to be good, even when people are bad.

From simply getting older, realizing my own mortality, seeing the "bad" and realizing things I've done wrong in my life I've started really bettering myself this year...and I only plan to increase that ten fold in 2020. It's hard sometimes because you see so much bad stuff on the news and such and even around you. I've worked on myself trying to be a better person and will continue to do so. If everyone does that then imagine how the world will only get better?

Simply woeful..and I am beyond words! At how low someone would go..this world does sicken me at times...

Gd deed I have done today..hmm well in the arts centre I work in we have tea dance on a monday so a lot of elderly people come re live their youth with tea dance. Tbh it is lovely too see (and I quite like the music) anyway this elderly women had lost her purse so I went looking for it and after I re traced her foot steps while she was at the tea dance I found it just outside in our building entrance thankfully it was not in a very clear line of sight so it looked like her money and cards and everything was still there! I never noticed but when I took it bk to her she was made up and she said thank goodness and inside was some vouchers she had brought for her grand children and it all got bk safely! To her thanks to me finding it *thumbs up* she asked if she could give me something for finding it! Of course I said no! I just said its christmas XD

I can’t imagine what that must have been like for your friend.

As far as a good deed for the day, I woke up early, and let our nutty dog out. Then I kept her downstairs and let my wife sleep in.

That's awful. Shame to those people, especially the guy who expected to be paid just for helping someone. It sucks how many situations like hers happen where people choose to be bystanders instead of helping. As they say: the world is full of nice people; if you can't find one, be one.

Paid to help her? That fucker ought to be shot.

Paid to help her? That fucker ought to be shot.

I can’t say that was my intention, but I was plenty heated. My friend is an incredible person. She’s an advocate not just for herself, but for kiddos and those in need. She can win anyone’s heart.

I think that’s part of what made it sting so bad. Who could be so callous to a vulnerable person? I’m a hardcore advocate also, and she’s not afraid to stand right up there with me.

On a good note, she’s healed (physically) and is doing well again. We are working on a bracelet or watch to let me know if she’s hurt again. This will NOT happen again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's just awful; I'm very glad your friend is doing okay now.

If it heps any, today, I went out into the snow to refill all the feeders on our property. We go through about 40 lbs of seed and critter food every month in the winter.

My heart goes out to her, because NO ONE deserves to be treated like that, whether they're disabled or not! Although my disability is High-Functioning Autism, I can still understand the emotional pain she went through, because I too have been treated like a second-class citizen, and it should come at no surprise that the people who did that to me were my special-ed teachers. That's exactly why if I adopted a disabled child, I'd NEVER put them in special ed, and I'd do whatever I could to show everyone what they're capable of. On top of that, because its my dream to run a multimedia company, which would make web-shows, movies, video games, comics, toys, and various types of merchandise, I was just thinking about hiring a group of disabled adults to complete the tasks that go into making each of those mediums. Just so we're clear, I wouldn't hire them just to complete the small, important, and tedious tasks (even then, I'd find a way to make those tasks not seem so dead end), I'd even go as far as hiring them to act, sing, screenwrite, direct, animate, and other things along those lines. Not only would I hire them based on merit among other reasons, I'd have the company help them get their own places to live, and I'd even make a documentary about them working with me called "Yes You Can!".

My heart goes out to her, because NO ONE deserves to be treated like that, whether they're disabled or not! Although my disability is High-Functioning Autism, I can still understand the emotional pain she went through, because I too have been treated like a second-class citizen, and it should come at no surprise that the people who did that to me were my special-ed teachers. That's exactly why if I adopted a disabled child, I'd NEVER put them in special ed, and I'd do whatever I could to show everyone what they're capable of. On top of that, because its my dream to run a multimedia company, which would make web-shows, movies, video games, comics, toys, and various types of merchandise, I was just thinking about hiring a group of disabled adults to complete the tasks that go into making each of those mediums. Just so we're clear, I wouldn't hire them just to complete the small, important, and tedious tasks (even then, I'd find a way to make those tasks not seem so dead end), I'd even go as far as hiring them to act, sing, screenwrite, direct, animate, and other things along those lines. Not only would I hire them based on merit among other reasons, I'd have the company help them get their own places to live, and I'd even make a documentary about them working with me called "Yes You Can!".

There are programs out there to assist with a lot of this. I used to work specifically with one that assisted with transitioning from high school to adulthood and with learning basic employment skills. Disabilities come in so many forms, all seem to experience a lot of this. One day at a time, one person at a time, the work continues to change it. I'm not against special education, but I do think it needs an overhaul. Education needs to be tailored to the person, we aren't made from a cookie cutter.

I applaud your dream. We all have roles and functions that we need to have a chance to explore and perform. Don't stop trying!

Thanks for the response!

There are programs out there to assist with a lot of this. I used to work specifically with one that assisted with transitioning from high school to adulthood and with learning basic employment skills. Disabilities come in so many forms, all seem to experience a lot of this. One day at a time, one person at a time, the work continues to change it. I'm not against special education, but I do think it needs an overhaul. Education needs to be tailored to the person, we aren't made from a cookie cutter.

I applaud your dream. We all have roles and functions that we need to have a chance to explore and perform. Don't stop trying!

Before I dropped out of college, I was looking to become a teacher, so I could be better than my teachers were, and even considered opening a private school, but the more I became an anarchist, the less I saw the need for any type of school (whether it'd be a preschool or a graduate school). Now I advocate unschooling, which is where children will learn things when it becomes necessary to them or if it interests them. Them using the internet, them reading every book there is on a particular subject, and them learning under an experienced professional are 3 of the many examples of how unschooling has been accomplished. The sad thing is, most parents are completely oblivious to unschooling, because it's the norm to send their kids off to an indoctrination camp, and they most-likely have never met parents who don't do what they do.

Greed, Stupidity, and Cruelty

Greed, stupidity, and cruelty will be the death of humanity.

While those problems are an unfortunate recurring part of society, they won't necessarily cause humanity to completely kill itself, because planetary and cosmic disturbances are far more capable of doing so (as seen in this video by the late, yet great George Carlin: https://invidio.us/watch?v=7W33HRc1A6c)

Here’s a great quickie about the goodness of humanity.

My wife and I just stopped at our local Pizza Hut for dinner. I was pulling out and got my front tires stuck in the mud.

I knew I couldn’t get it out myself, so I swallowed my pride and went in to ask for help. Three of the staff and a guy who happened by got us out.

I’m also on DeviantArt
https://www.deviantart.com/storyteller678

TMF Together 2019 [emoji486]

I'm so sorry for you and your friend. That is truly sickening to hear. I live in a city with a pretty substantial homeless population, and there are always a few people that freeze to death every year because no one stops to see if they're ok. It's easy to become jaded, and more and more people seem to be these days... but it only takes a minute to ask if someone is alright, or to make a phone call, or to leave a couple pairs of dry wool socks or gloves at a bus stop, and it could literally save someone's life.

On another note entirely, I used to have a student with a severe seizure disorder, who had a watch that would immediately notify his wife if he suddenly collapsed. Not sure if something like that would work for your situation, but it saved his ass more than once.

What's New

5/15/2024
The TMF Links forum keeps you updated on tickling sites all around the web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back