• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

I hate bigotry. So much.

Wasn't it Spock who said, "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." ???

These girls unwittingly involved the entire school in their little spat, and the school's decision to stand firm sent a message that they refuse to be bullied.

I don't like the ALCU, and think them to be extremely litigious. These girls plan backfired, and now everyone is suffering.

Do you really think that was a good decision in hindsight?

Wasn't it Spock who said, "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." ???

These girls unwittingly involved the entire school in their little spat, and the school's decision to stand firm sent a message that they refuse to be bullied.

I don't like the ALCU, and think them to be extremely litigious. These girls plan backfired, and now everyone is suffering.

Spat??? They just wanted to be treated like any other couple. What's wrong with that?

Spat??? They just wanted to be treated like any other couple. What's wrong with that?

What's wrong with it is they STILL could have gone, but just had to rock the boat and bring in the ALCU.

Now, no one goes.

When are people gonna learn this ain't Burger King, and you can't always "have it your way"?!

What's wrong with it is they STILL could have gone, but just had to rock the boat and bring in the ALCU.

Now, no one goes.

When are people gonna learn this ain't Burger King, and you can't always "have it your way"?!

If we went with that thought process, then we'd never have gotten desegregation in schools.

These girls unwittingly involved the entire school in their little spat,

They unwittingly and unknowingly got caught in a bible belt, backwoods, homophobic environment that still discriminates against race and anything else not all Jesus and white-bread.

These were two children who actually thought they had the right to love and express themselves the exact same way their heterosexual counterparts do. How dare they choose to fight for said rights the same way the entire movement has over the last multiple of millenia or so?

But the school board was full of bigoted adults who used their decision to throw those kids under the bus instead of a reasonable compromise between the two. I expect kids to make mistakes and be unreasonable--that's why they call them "minors" because they make decisions and do things without always considering the long-term consequences. The adults in this instance are despicable and if anything happens to those girls because of it I hope they're held personally responsible.

and the school's decision to stand firm sent a message that they refuse to be bullied.

No, it sent a message that they are cowards and chose to potentially sacrifice the safety of two girls and kill and crush the dreams of the entire senior class because they hearts and heads are hard as granite. I find it all disturbing, distasteful, and disgusting behavior from adults. Thanks for setting the clock back to the stone age!

You have these young girls painted out to be some sort of diabolical mastermind to some grand scheme.......can you please explain what they're horrible intentions were other than fighting back against a wall of separtism and bigotry? What did these girls do that was so horrible? You mean to tell me that the school board full of adults couldn't figure out some kind of compromise and show these girls (and the entire school) that negotiation and compromise can make a difference? This was a example that everyone could've learned something positive from; it ended up an exercise in a true case of throwing out the baby with the bathwater!

I don't hold these girls accountable; they only were exercising the same rights they were taught in law and history classes. Now they get thrown infamously in the history books huh?

Makes tons of sense to me..........:crazy::bsflag:

Let's not forget that shutting down prom was in no way necessary, nor needed to end the dispute. Two teenage girls didn't, in any way, force that decision; it was completely uncalled for.

Edit:
Or, what Kis said.

It was absolutely a good idea. And its only a 'little spat' if it's not your rights in question. You need to break a few eggs to have a great cake in the end; as people have said, it's not the fault of these young ladies that the ignorant adults in charge care more about enforcing an ancient and pitifully outdated and misbegotten rule then allowing these children to have the good and memorable time they deserve. Eventually, when enough people are fed up and decry the shameful way the school board is acting, the policies will change. Just as they did when the races couldn't attend together. Meanwhile, for now I'd wager that the kids and their parents will hold a phenomenal prom without the backing of the backward school, as is often the case when these situations arise, and good for them :)

(And yes, I know that many feel it's not right to compare gay and lesbian discrimination with racial discrimination. I'm an African-American bisexual and I'll make the comparison if I damn well please ;) )

If we went with that thought process, then we'd never have gotten desegregation in schools.

My friend's sister got married in Mississippi several years ago; they had to sign the "colored" book. It's like the rest of the United States vs the nation of Mississippi where they are so friggin' disconnected from the rest of the real world it's almost laughable if it weren't so pathetic!

Nothing anyone tells me that goes on there surprises me anymore:sowrong:

My friend's sister got married in Mississippi several years ago; they had to sign the "colored" book. It's like the rest of the United States vs the nation of Mississippi where they are so friggin' disconnected from the rest of the real world it's almost laughable if it weren't so pathetic!

Nothing anyone tells me that goes on there surprises me anymore:sowrong:

Are you kidding me? Wow......what the hell?

They still have a "colored book?" :facepalm:

And I'm with Bella. I hope those kids throw a prom together on their own. While it sucks that this girl was discriminated for being who she was, maybe something good will come from this. I hope she gets on the talk show circuits and rips her school a new asshole. Apparently they need it. I hope lots of people come out to publically support this girl. From what I'm reading, those people that are against this girl are in the minority so this coming to light might very well be a good thing indeed. It's always fun to watch when someone's ignorance makes them look like an asshole all on their own doing. :clap:

My friend's sister got married in Mississippi several years ago; they had to sign the "colored" book.

Sadly, this is true. Mississippi was the last US state to officially outlaw the practise of slavery. They did so in 1995. :facepalm:

Back to the OP, the school board acted like idiots. The girls have every right to act the way they did and to defend their rights as human beings and those who cancelled the prom as a result, to paraphrase Garfield the cat, "should be drug out into the street and shot".

Snail Shell

I think I've become jaded when it comes to these issues because I am just not surprised anymore. >.> It makes me kinda grateful that I skipped my senior year of high school and didn't even attend prom.

Same here; left public high school after my mom's death, never attended a prom; nearing age 50, don't feel like I missed a thing.

That's funny because I was just thinking the same thing about what you said here...

If they want special privileges the other kids don't have, then yes it is up to them to find a loophole to exploit.

They don't have to do it all. They could have enjoyed the same privileges all their peers do by submitting to the same rules to which all their peers are also subject...or would have been subject if this stupid bitch hadn't screwed the pooch for the entire school.

It seems like, with your logic, Rosa Parks should have just sat at the back of the bus and just be happy she was allowed to ride the bus at all. Rules shouldn't be followed simply because they exist. If they are unjust, they need to be challenged. And these girls could not have enjoyed the same privileges as their peers by "following the rules." Their peers got to bring dates of their choice, but they didn't. It is sad for all of the kids that the prom got cancelled, but some things are more important than prom. I think this is one of them.

Let me just say I second this wholeheartedly (I'm not a Canadian but your awesome country is looking to be a better and better place to relocate every day.)

And to the person who said what a shock its in the south.....well duh mate! :) I'm surprised interracial dating is now accepted down in that squalid little eyesore of America, let alone gays having actual rights.

The you!!!
we have our problem's like any country but not this one & multiculturalism is embraced but its not perfect but almost!!

by the way
I hope i have not made anyone mad in the us for the pro canadian LGBT statement it just made me mad the USA tell everyone we respect all people but you but you do Not!

I am continually amazed at the fact that some parts of the US are really progressive while others are so backwards they're more like Saudi Arabians or Somalians than Westeners.

If they want special privileges the other kids don't have, then yes it is up to them to find a loophole to exploit.
So other kids aren't allowed to register the date of their choice? That's unlike any prom I've ever heard of, but if so then yes it would change everything.

Or did you mean some other "special privilege?"

Yes. And the Supreme Court and the US Constitution said he was wrong, when it comes to individual rights.

The needs of the many white people on the bus don't outweigh the needs of the few black people. It might be different on Vulcan, but that's how it works on this planet.

Did someone expand the definition of "bullying" when I wasn't looking - perhaps to include "demanding the same rights everyone else has?"

You should understand that schools are one of the most organized institutions in the world. They have to heed highest standard of ethics. Ethics is very important in a civilized world. It is not of religious nature. The school wants a pool of heterosexual students who wear clothes according to their gender. It is in their BY-LAW and it is their right to impose it.
Having rules does not mean that you can have any rules you want. The school could make a rule that black boys aren't allowed to speak to white girls (in fact, once upon a time Mississippi did have such rules). And they would get sued if they did.

So even if it was about nothing but dress code, that would not make the school right. But it's not just (or even mainly) about dress. It's about the right of two girls to attend a school dance as partners. And no rule against that should be allowed to stand, period.

She wants to wear tux! Dress code screaming loud and clear. She could wear a dress creatively designed for lesbian. Get the best couture in town. There will be NO issue.
You miss the point. Even if she was wearing a dress, they still wouldn't let her attend with her girlfriend.

"A school district policy requires that dates be of the opposite sex, indicating that same-sex couples would be a distraction."

I'm sorry, but the tuxedo is the least of the issues here. This is plain old garden-variety homophobia, and the school does not have the right to make such "rules."

She wants to wear tux! Dress code screaming loud and clear. She could wear a dress creatively designed for lesbian. Get the best couture in town. There will be NO issue.

Its ok mate. I'm sure you can wear your white robes and hood to the prom as well.

Fucking southerners.......I'm still in shock over the whole "having to sign th colored book" story I read in this thread.

By the way, I know the majority of southern folk are good, decent people; some of my close friends on this site are good old boys. But its idiots like this that give you gents and gals a bad name.

Um...not so much.

She could wear a dress creatively designed for lesbian.

Having been raised by two lesbians, one of whom gender-identified and therefore dressed as male for most of her adult life, let me tell you that forcing this young woman to wear a dress would be just plain wrong. It's sad how many seem to feel that the Prom was canceled because of these young girls, when that decision was made by adults who CHOSE to be cruel and punish an entire senior class rather than update their rules to the 21st century. Ask yourself, who would have been hurt by letting these girls be themselves? What great chaos and catastrophe would have erupted by two girls in love going to a dance, dressed the way their hearts and minds led them to dress? And what kind of bile must be in the heart of administrators who would call off something so special and important to so many just to make such a petty point? I'm sorry, but this isn't about a "creative lesbian dress" (a phrase I'm trying to take seriously and failing, lol), it's about ending needless discrimination one school and one town at a time. Change doesn't come until someone takes a stand.

As for the colored book...no offense to the state as a whole, but my 89 yr old grandmother left Mississippi in 1939 and headed for NYC. She's never gone back even once, and I can kinda see why :wow:

Don't worry, Bella. As the linked story shows, it's not really about the "creative lesbian dress" at all. It's about the fact that she's a lesbian.

I am sure there is another discussion behind this other than what we can read from the article. No school will cancel a big event just as that. How can I force anything? It is not my prom. It is just a discussion now.

You're not very familiar with southern schools, are you?

I don't have to answer that. I am looking the issue at another perspective, if you don't mind.

Don't mind a bit. Your evasive answer tells me that no, you're not familiar with southern schools and their ways. That's what I thought :ty:

What's New

5/31/2024
The TMF Chat Room is always busy. Stop in and see who is about!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back