• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

I saw something really disturbing today...

kingp

TMF Master
I went to my first Rutgers game today. It was a great day, warm weather, beautiful scenery, RU kicked the crud out of Illinois today…all was great, It was a great day….or at least for the first quarter and a half….

Sometime in the 2nd quarter, I saw people standing in my section. Being an ex-Jet ticket holder, I immediately thought there was some sort of fight going on. It didn’t make sense, we were up by 20, no Illinois fans anywhere, and I was sitting so high up in the stadium I thought I saw Jesus as our usher. After a few seconds I noticed that it wasn’t a fight at all. It was an older guy and people trying to help him. This was 4 rows in front of me in my section. The guy behind my friend said he was a doctor, ran down and began administering the Heimlich maneuver to him. The man was choking to death!!! I got very worried when I saw the man in the doctor’s arms become limp and I knew he had passed out!! This wasn’t good!!

Since we were in the upper section- he was about 11 rows up it took FOREVER for a cop to get there, all the while I think the food came out and the doctor was beginning CPR on him after he noticed the guy still wasn’t breathing! He had laid him on a bench (the “seats” is really a long metal bench). The cops came and helped as much as they could, radioing EMT’s right away. 5 minutes passed before they showed up. It was difficult to get thee any faster. Meanwhile I could see the poor guys eyes partly open, shirt up, skin growing purple…..no sign of movement, nothing.

When the EMT’s showed up they did a lot, but he looked dead already! When the paddles came out and they told the whole row to stand up and get off the metal bench so they could shock him, I knew it was probably too late. Luckily the police had whisked his wife away while they worked. They gave him Adrenaline and pull his tongue out so they could clear the throat. I still don’t know if he had a heart attack? Choked? Had a heart attack while choking? I still don’t know the cause as I caught it after he had stood up and didn’t see too much while 3 rows of other people stood up.

At one point the EMT had 3 cops hold a white sheet over the man as he worked on him so as to give the victim some privacy. I could still see his face….even if he survived it he must have had some brain damage from it as it didn’t look like he was breathing for several minutes and they frantically looked for any sign of a pulse. I checked my watch, it had been at least 14 minutes since the cops arrived, and they still were trying.

Eventually they placed him on a stretcher, uncovered (maybe he made it?), and carried him down those rows at a difficult angle to get him out of there. Everything was strapped in and there was no movement. What I can’t get out of my head was as they were carrying him out his eyes were still half open and the sun gleamed off of them as if they were still moist, but unmoving.

I don’t think he made it, but I sure hope he did. If he did, I hope he recovers fully; it would be a miracle though. It was bad. I’ve never seen anyone die so quickly in front of me before. I’ve heard the gunshot of a person committing suicide before, I’ve been two blocks from a corporate plane crash where 3 people were killed and a building destroyed, I’ve even seen the 1st plane fly over head less than a minute before it hit the world trade center on 9/11, I have even seen a loved one deteriorate a day before actually dying, but I’ve never seen anyone actually do it from something as silly as from choking….Since I left the game I have been scouring the Radio, TV, and internet to find any mention of whether he made it. I have found no word. No mention.

My 3 closest friends were also affected by this as was everyone in the rows near us. Ken (not his real name) saw more than I did, and he was riveted. You want to help, but feel powerless.

I don’t know why I am telling all here, but it feels therapeutic to do so. I am hoping someone heard good news. It kinda makes me angry that nothing has been mentioned yet on the newswire, like it’s disrespectful in some way NOT to say SOMETHING about it. So I guess that’s why I wrote. Well sorry to be a downer tonight. Just hug those close to you today, as you never know…probably better that way I guess.

kingp said:
I went to my first Rutgers game today. It was a great day, warm weather, beautiful scenery, RU kicked the crud out of Illinois today…all was great, It was a great day….or at least for the first quarter and a half….

Sometime in the 2nd quarter, I saw people standing in my section. Being an ex-Jet ticket holder, I immediately thought there was some sort of fight going on. It didn’t make sense, we were up by 20, no Illinois fans anywhere, and I was sitting so high up in the stadium I thought I saw Jesus as our usher. After a few seconds I noticed that it wasn’t a fight at all. It was an older guy and people trying to help him. This was 4 rows in front of me in my section. The guy behind my friend said he was a doctor, ran down and began administering the Heimlich maneuver to him. The man was choking to death!!! I got very worried when I saw the man in the doctor’s arms become limp and I knew he had passed out!! This wasn’t good!!

Since we were in the upper section- he was about 11 rows up it took FOREVER for a cop to get there, all the while I think the food came out and the doctor was beginning CPR on him after he noticed the guy still wasn’t breathing! He had laid him on a bench (the “seats” is really a long metal bench). The cops came and helped as much as they could, radioing EMT’s right away. 5 minutes passed before they showed up. It was difficult to get thee any faster. Meanwhile I could see the poor guys eyes partly open, shirt up, skin growing purple…..no sign of movement, nothing.

When the EMT’s showed up they did a lot, but he looked dead already! When the paddles came out and they told the whole row to stand up and get off the metal bench so they could shock him, I knew it was probably too late. Luckily the police had whisked his wife away while they worked. They gave him Adrenaline and pull his tongue out so they could clear the throat. I still don’t know if he had a heart attack? Choked? Had a heart attack while choking? I still don’t know the cause as I caught it after he had stood up and didn’t see too much while 3 rows of other people stood up.

At one point the EMT had 3 cops hold a white sheet over the man as he worked on him so as to give the victim some privacy. I could still see his face….even if he survived it he must have had some brain damage from it as it didn’t look like he was breathing for several minutes and they frantically looked for any sign of a pulse. I checked my watch, it had been at least 14 minutes since the cops arrived, and they still were trying.

Eventually they placed him on a stretcher, uncovered (maybe he made it?), and carried him down those rows at a difficult angle to get him out of there. Everything was strapped in and there was no movement. What I can’t get out of my head was as they were carrying him out his eyes were still half open and the sun gleamed off of them as if they were still moist, but unmoving.

I don’t think he made it, but I sure hope he did. If he did, I hope he recovers fully; it would be a miracle though. It was bad. I’ve never seen anyone die so quickly in front of me before. I’ve heard the gunshot of a person committing suicide before, I’ve been two blocks from a corporate plane crash where 3 people were killed and a building destroyed, I’ve even seen the 1st plane fly over head less than a minute before it hit the world trade center on 9/11, I have even seen a loved one deteriorate a day before actually dying, but I’ve never seen anyone actually do it from something as silly as from choking….Since I left the game I have been scouring the Radio, TV, and internet to find any mention of whether he made it. I have found no word. No mention.

My 3 closest friends were also affected by this as was everyone in the rows near us. Ken (not his real name) saw more than I did, and he was riveted. You want to help, but feel powerless.

I don’t know why I am telling all here, but it feels therapeutic to do so. I am hoping someone heard good news. It kinda makes me angry that nothing has been mentioned yet on the newswire, like it’s disrespectful in some way NOT to say SOMETHING about it. So I guess that’s why I wrote. Well sorry to be a downer tonight. Just hug those close to you today, as you never know…probably better that way I guess.

I've got a friend on the RUPD...I'll ask her and if she knows anything about it I'll get back to you ASAP...I'm sorry you had to see something like that, but I'm faithful that he will be okay. It's more likely he had a heart attack while eating than that he actually choked to the point where they needed to do all you mentioned. But again, our prayers should be with him and his family.

I'd really appreciate that if you could tell me....

I don't remember seeing any women RUPD around the site, but she should know. There were at least 3 RUPD there at the time. I think the fact that Nothing has been mentioned has made it worse for me. Like there is no closure, just questions. I didn't expect a 4 hour docu-drama, but I did expect at least a passing mention somewhere. I guess the "No news is good news" mantra may be good here. That if he made it, then No Mention would be expected I guess.

Thanks in advance for inquiring about it.

I'm sorry man...

kingp said:
I don't remember seeing any women RUPD around the site, but she should know. There were at least 3 RUPD there at the time. I think the fact that Nothing has been mentioned has made it worse for me. Like there is no closure, just questions. I didn't expect a 4 hour docu-drama, but I did expect at least a passing mention somewhere. I guess the "No news is good news" mantra may be good here. That if he made it, then No Mention would be expected I guess.

Thanks in advance for inquiring about it.

Listen...I talked to my girl a few mins ago...I'm really sorry but I know you'd want the truth. The poor guy didn't make it...he went into cardiac arrest and they couldn't bring him out of it. At least he died doing something I'm sure he loved very much...watching the game. I'm sorry again, and I hope it gives you some sort of closure...seeing a life burn out (in our world) is always a hard thing...but if you believe, then he lives on. Have faith man. God Bless.

NYvice said:
Listen...I talked to my girl a few mins ago...I'm really sorry but I know you'd want the truth. The poor guy didn't make it...he went into cardiac arrest and they couldn't bring him out of it. At least he died doing something I'm sure he loved very much...watching the game. I'm sorry again, and I hope it gives you some sort of closure...seeing a life burn out (in our world) is always a hard thing...but if you believe, then he lives on. Have faith man. God Bless.

ahh how truly sad..but especially for his wife..imagine going to a game to have fun and watch your team..and instead have this happen..last thing in the world that would have been expected..that really goes to show, live each day as if it were your last..because you never know..

Wow-that really had to be rough to see in person. I used to work in intensive care units where the docs would crack someone's chest at the bedside if needed. It was frightening and awesome at the same time-I wanted to turn away but couldn't.

It's something that you never forget. Unfortunately, not everyone who woke up yesterday made it and you got to witness one of them.

In cases such as what happened to this man a tracheostomy can be preformed . In the lower front of the neck at the top part of the chest , a small incision can be made to gain access to the inside of the airway/windpipe . A straw or empty pen , anything small and round that can be used to get air in past the blockage , as I understand the skin will close around that round article that is placed in . A sharp knife that is as sterile as possible can be used . Doing this can save a persons life and help prevent any further brain damage .

Last edited:
DannyMc said:
In cases such as what happened to this man a tracheostomy can be preformed . In the lower front of the neck at the top part of the chest , a small incision can be made to gain access to the inside of the airway/windpipe . A straw or empty pen , anything small and round that can be used to get air in past the blockage , as I understand the skin will close around that round article that is placed in . A sharp knife that is as sterile as possible can be used . Doing this can save a persons life and help prevent any further brain damage .

True. But, it must be done properly, which is why only certain trained people are allowed to do it. I've heard of people trying to do this (one after having seen it on a tv show) with disastrous results. The thing to push here is for everyone to learn basic first aid, CPR, etc. If someone closer to this guy had known what to do, he may have made it....provided it was the choking that led to the arrest. Most people think slapping someone on the back is the thing to do, when that's actually one of the worst things you can do. It can dislodge an obstruction only to have it stick more firmly further down the airway.

May this man rest in peace. And may you find peace with what happened.

Ann

I'm sorry to hear this honey~like kis, I spend a lot of time in ICU, where a patient gets the plug pulled or has a code blue~I know how hard that is to watch.
Ann brings up a good point, for all we know, his death may have been caused by something else entirely. I'm a really big beleiver in "when it's your time, it's your time and that's it." But I am sorry for the way this obviously traumatized you. :cry1: You can call me tomorrow if you want to vent some more, you know how to reach me.
XOXO

Thank you everyone....

NYVICE- Thank you for letting me know how it turned out. Actually I was 95% sure he was dead long before they carted him out...this does give me closure thank you. I'm still a bit bummed though because I somehow feel for a guy I never met or whose name I never heard before. He was definately choking on something as the plain clothes doctor got the food out of his throat, but he was already passed out and in cardiac arrest by then.

At the airport Sunday I ran into a relative of Rutgers place kicker Jeremy Ito and mentioned it to him. He did see the commotion and wasn't aware of the problem. He went to call Jeremy for me to see if he had heard anything, but he was already at practice and couldn't connect. I am glad to get some word.

Danny- Actually at the time I was asking my friends if they had a pen as I knew that could be used in such a situation to get air to the lungs around the blockage, but the doctor was already working on him, no one had a pen, and to be honest, I wouldn't know how to perform the procedure. I have an idea, but I figured the doctor knew what to do.

Steph, I just got your message tonight, I am in Texas this week, thanks for everything I will PM you later. You're one of the best honey.

For all others, thank you for your thoughts, you have helped me. It just seems so needless to die via choking, as if he had more years left if he just hadn't had the hot dog or whatever it was he ate. Not to mention, to have it done in front of 40,000 +.

Sorry to hear about this. It's terrible.I see something disturbing every day, though.The way most people in 2006 behave,.....no manners, selfish,arrogant, cut-throat, cold -blooded and numb to anyone's troubles but their own.What you described was awful, but it doesn't surprise me in the least.

kingp said:
NYVICE- Thank you for letting me know how it turned out. Actually I was 95% sure he was dead long before they carted him out...this does give me closure thank you. I'm still a bit bummed though because I somehow feel for a guy I never met or whose name I never heard before.

KingP...glad I could help you ease some of the upset you were feeling, but I'm sorry the news wasnt more positive. To put it in perspective, today I felt for thousands I never met and some of whose names I heard for the first time...whenever you see or hear about something tragic, it's simply human to sympathize, understand, and even be upset even if you dont know the person...because you can imagine what it would be like if it happened to your or someone you love. But like the guy above me notes, too many people today don't take that extra step...they go through life on a more self-centered path. Count yourself among one of the very special people around today King...one of those who still give a damn about someone they don't even know. God bless.

Wow, that's pretty crazy.

I had to do the Heimlich maneuver on my friend when I was in 2nd or 3rd grade. Hard to believe, I know, but we'd just learned it in class and she inhaled a lemon head. I wasn't scared really, but I don't think I understood the situation.

But yeah, I know what you mean when you say you were affected by it. On my way to work when I was 16, I had to walk past a set of railroad tracks in my town that many people have lost their lives on. As I was walking, I saw this old guy standing by the tracks. I figured he was waiting for the approaching train to pass, but he stared at it in a weird way. And just as the train came to crossing, he walked in front of it. His body kind of exploded and it was pretty gruesome. I don't know how I made it through work that day, but I did feel better after I puked.

Anytime P~you know that already though, don't ya? :cuddle:

XOXO

That reminds me of something.

At a Walmart near us, I was shopping for shoes to go Hiking, when I suddenly heard a crash. Someone shouted for 911. I ran down the aisle, and saw an old man on the ground, with blood coming out of his head. No one could get service, but soon the paramedics came, thanks to the employees. The old man was shaking the whole time. Apparently, he fell and hit his head against a shelf...

It was scary. I had lost my grandma and my grampa, and I didn't want anyone to lose theirs.

What's New

5/12/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday evening at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back