• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

i'm thinking about having a munch.

emilyemilyemily

1st Level Yellow Feather
i live in northern kentucky and i'm considering having a munch. i can't drive, so it's hard for me to go to gatherings/munches, but i'd love to meet people from the forum so the easiest thing would probably be to have people come to me.

for those of you who've planned munches of your own, what are some things i need to know vis-a-vis how to go about getting things underway?

also, if this is in the wrong section, i apologize. mods, you can move it if it needs to be somewhere else.

There ya go! haha
I'd talk to Cassi [Tortuga] she just recently had a munch in your state.

All I know is you need to pick a place, a date, a time, and then make a bunch of threads getting people in your area to come. There is also a Gatherings / Munch section.

Great idea Emily, I'll probably host one in Santa Fe in 2010 which is Santa Fe's 400th anniversary so there's going to be a lot going on here--not that anyone will be all that interested in sight seeing if it's successful ;-)

By the way, what's up with the pillow sig pics popping up all over the place??

The easiest way is actually NOT to just ask who's interested in your area. What I recommend is find someone to meet with. Even just one person. Then meet with them in an open place with lots of extra seating and post all the date/time/place stuff on the TMF.

"Who wants to do this?" doesn't work as good as "We are doing this, so come out". :)

Snail Shell

Great idea Emily, I'll probably host one in Santa Fe in 2010 which is Santa Fe's 400th anniversary so there's going to be a lot going on here--not that anyone will be all that interested in sight seeing if it's successful ;-)

By the way, what's up with the pillow sig pics popping up all over the place??

i started a *sketch* picture conspiracy. trying to see how many people i can get roped into this.

Emily: Speaking as one who organized a few munches in New York City, I say, if people respond that they're interested, query them on dates that are good for them, and find a date that the most committed people can agree on. If you can't, then schedule two munches a few months apart, making sure that the people who missed the first one can attend the second. Then advertise the date and see who comes.

Further suggestion: Don't worry about how many you get, and don't worry about gender balancing. Let it take shape over time, and you'll have a sense of it once you've done one or two.

And all you have to do is reserve a table at a restaurant and then show up and be one of the congregants. You can certainly do more if you want, but you'll be doing fine if you just facilitate it and then have fun with it.

can i come?? i live in nyc and my work is totally outrageously inflexible. but i'm known to throw it all away for munches, especially those in kentucky!

can i come?? i live in nyc and my work is totally outrageously inflexible. but i'm known to throw it all away for munches, especially those in kentucky!

do it!!! go to the midwestern gatherings forum for the date and talk to me about it as stuff starts to come together.

sounds cool i have always wanted 2 start one here but dont have the cash to do n e thing good luck on ya first munch

You don't need cash to have a Munch Em~we've always handled our own here in Cali~you might want to contact our listpop/moderator dvnc~he's got a basic screening questionnaire and a ton of good ideas for keeping things safe for all involved. :)
And from a Goddess point of view, try bellystrokes in San Diego! See, the beauty of dvnc's munch idea is low key, low pressure. Me, I always brought enough for at least a cocktail & appetizer~if the crowd sucks, you can leave with no real consequence. Luckily our crowd never sucked, it took about a year of super fun munches for us to transition into a play party/gathering (whatever you want to call it) but it was so much fun by then~we already knew each other after munching every month for a year!
XOXO

sounds cool i have always wanted 2 start one here but dont have the cash to do n e thing good luck on ya first munch

you don't have to be loaded to have a munch, gothy! it's just a nice meal with some buddies, amiright?

thats true but i dont even hav the mony to go out and have a meal witch sucks but mayyby in the future tho who knows it would be nice 2 have 1 here

Aw, you know I would love to, dorkwad. But I really don't think my mom will be up to driving to a city that's even farther from me than Louisville. :( It was a stretch for her just to take me to Cassi's munch. Damn it all! :doh:

I may be able to make it depending upon my schedule at work and/or what time during the day you are planning on having your munch. It sounds like about the same driving time for me that it took to get to Cassi's munch.

Never been to a munch before but always hear great things about them. Hope you have a great time!

I live in Louisville, and I've already attended one munch, so I'd love to do another. Please let me know when and where and I'll plan for the roadtrip! :)

~*FleurDeLis*~

What's New

5/19/2024
There will be Tivia in our Chat Room this Sunday evening at 11PM EDT! Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back