• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Important question about frogs and power.

Snuzzlebumble

TMF Poster
How many frogs do you think it would take to power the city of LA by only generating power via pedaling tiny bikes?

Snuzzle... put... the frogs.... down.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Let's say 100 frogs power enough for one person's needs. There are 27,000 people per sq mile in LA and a little over 500 sq miles in total, so: 1,358,100,000 frogs and bicycles, give or take a few thousand.

Let's say 100 frogs power enough for one person's needs. There are 27,000 people per sq mile in LA and a little over 500 sq miles in total, so: 1,358,100,000 frogs and bicycles, give or take a few thousand.

How many flies would it take to feed the one billion frogs? :p

A lot. :p

I'll just go with what alwayslaughing said.

Well, I guess an adult frog eats 5-7 flies a few times a week, so maybe 21 flies a week. So to keep the power on a week, that'd be about 28.5 billion flies.

Frogs also eat mosquitoes! So 28.5 billion mosquitoes would be to our benefit on top of having the frog's electric power.

This SO belongs to the Silly Stuff forum :blaugh: Damn, what is Jeff doing? I thought he was more involved with moderation, lately?

To me, frogs are an important source of food, not energy ;)

They can be both.

But, imagine how many people 1.358 billion frogs would feed! And imagine how much energy those frog-fueled people would generate.

Hahaha, I can't say you're wrong :D

There's actually an overpopulation of bullfrogs on the planet. I am trying my best to bring it down to acceptable levels, but I hope y'all will do your part too ^_^

Are bullfrogs really the ones being eaten as a French delicacy?? :eek: Inquiring minds want to know. And who is manufacturing the bicycles? Schwinn?

Are bullfrogs really the ones being eaten as a French delicacy?? :eek: Inquiring minds want to know. And who is manufacturing the bicycles? Schwinn?

Hahaha, Chinese delicacy, in my case, actually :D It happens to be one of my favorite dishes, and looks like this:

725149D0-5D6C-458F-B432-9D1F6486A16E.jpeg

The only frog I ever had in France (I kid you not, it was in Paris, in the brasserie where Amélie Poulain was filmed ;)) looked a bit too small to be from a bullfrog, and was very underwhelming in the way it was prepared.

I know that bullfrogs reproduce as fast as rabbits and have to literally be exterminated in some areas of France so they do not kill the local natural ecosystem. Sadly, I don't think many people eat them the Chinese way, which is a damn shame; all that good meat going to waste really breaks my heart :sadcry:

I think we could come up with a solution that covers all angles: We ship all of the flies and frogs that overpopulate certain parts of the world to L.A. The flies (or mosquitoes) feed the frogs who ride tiny Schwinns to generate power for L.A. They'd get a little time off (by working in shifts) so that they could procreate and thereby keep the labor pool steady. When the frogs are on their last legs (har har), they are subbed out for other frogs. The frogs who may no longer ride bicycles get fattened up with extra flies, and are butchered (according to halal/kosher standards of course) to become delicacies instead. Everyone wins?

The only frog I ever had in France (I kid you not, it was in Paris, in the brasserie where Amélie Poulain was filmed ;)) looked a bit too small to be from a bullfrog, and was very underwhelming in the way it was prepared.

I never had frog when I was in Paris recently, though I did visit that brasserie in Montmartre. The only frog I ever had was in the states and tasted like... chicken of course.

This SO belongs to the Silly Stuff forum :blaugh: Damn, what is Jeff doing? I thought he was more involved with moderation, lately?

To me, frogs are an important source of food, not energy ;)

People were having too much fun with it. Once it settles down, I'll move it :)

People were having too much fun with it. Once it settles down, I'll move it :)

Honestly, you made the right choice. The incongruity factor is what drew me in. I might not have given it that much thought had it not been here ;)

I imagine it would take a lot. That might throw the ecosystem all out of whack so it might create a crisis! OR we can try to grow them in a lab, but then we run the risk of a mutant frog race wreaking havoc :p

I imagine it would take a lot. That might throw the ecosystem all out of whack so it might create a crisis! OR we can try to grow them in a lab, but then we run the risk of a mutant frog race wreaking havoc :p

Worse still, what if they are flying mutants and we have to face the "Amazing Amphibian Attack from Above"? And, even if we grew them in a lab they could wreak havoc on the ecosystem if they got loose. Maybe it'd be mutant-frogs vs. non-mutant-frogs and there'd be a whole apocalypse and we'd have to take sides. Or worse, they'd hunt us, seeking revenge on their creators. Any way you slice it, I think it's worth the risk for frog-energy, for the sci-fi/horror movie potential if for no other reason.

What's New

4/27/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest clip store! Get details by clicking the C4S banners
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back