• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Inherited Ticklishness???

txtklr

TMF Poster
Does anyone think ticklishness may be hereditary?

Like to what degree is your ticklishness compared to your parents or siblings?

Does it seem to increase or diminish as you get older?

I can't really say. I know my mom and I were not very ticklish at all. My two siblings and my dad are. So, I have no idea where that all leads. Good luck seeing if anyone else knows a thing or two about this.

I know nothing about the ticklishness of my parents or siblings, and I don't want to.

Ticklishness may be heriditary, but not necessarially. I'm very ticklish, but I know nothing about my parents ticklishness, nor do I care to know. I'm also an only child, so I have no siblings to know about.

The only information I have on this topic is about my best friend's family. His sister, who is now in her 40s, has supposedly never been that ticklish, even when she was younger. The only way his sister would laugh if tickled, is if someone got her if she wasn't looking. Other than that, nothing.

His mother, on the other hand, is supposedly incredibly ticklish, and always has been, even though she's in her 60s. A couple of years ago, my friend and his mother took a yoga class together, and he was telling me an experience where the yoga instructor did a demonstration on the mother's foot, and the mother went ballistic laughing, even though the instructor wasnt trying to tickle her.

My thoughts on the subject, ticklishness may be heriditary, but I dont think it necessarially is. It depends on the family, and the person.

Mitch

My mother was deathly ticklish. My dad wasn't in the least.

All my aunts and most of my uncles were. Two uncles were not.

All my siblings and cousins were.

All my in-laws are except one, a female.

I'd say it's both hereditary and as common as hair of any and every color.

I'd also say if you are ticklish in an extended family of ticklers, you are toast.

I know from childhood me and my siblings have about the same level of ticklishness, which I'd call "mid grade." We laugh and squirm but its not torture.

I don't know if they've gotten worse as we got older and I'll be damned if I'm gonna find out.

When I was really young--like about four--my mother tried to tickle me and got no result. She said, "Oh my God, can this be? MY CHILD NOT TICKLISH?! Did I get the wrong baby at the hospital?" (That statement, btw, really had me worried lol--I said something like, "No mommy, I'm your child I swear!") So anyway, obviously her high level of ticklishness wasn't passed along to me! But it was passed to my younger sister, who was extremely ticklish as a child (which I occasionally took advantage of as any big brother should!), and as recently as her being in her early 20s, I saw a friend of hers tickle her and she was still as ticklish as ever. Oddly, while she always loved being tickled, my mother hated being tickled, but nevertheless she would often tickle my mother just to get my mother to tickle her back, which annoyed my mother to no end! But anyway to get back to the question, I guess it can be passed along but not always--which is like many other genetic traits come to think of it.

I have heard that sons inherit ticklishness from their mothers, while daughters do from their fathers. Don't know if this is true, but my mom is VERY ticklish and especially on the soles of her feet and her tummy. Those are actually my worst tickle spots as well. Also, my mom's dad was very ticklish on his feet and stomach area, too. So, this theory kinda works.

Ever heard the saying "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree"? Well, sometimes it gets eaten before it can lay around very long! :laughhard: :rowfull:

I was like "Oh fuck Emily is back?" and then realized the thread is 8 years old.

My sisters were very ticklish growing up. I was too when I was younger. I saw my mom get tickled once, and she about jumped outa her skin, so I guess she was pretty ticklish too. Seems like most of my cousins were pretty ticklish too.

It's not hereditary. I've had girlfriends who were extremely ticklish and their siblings were not ticklish at all (and vice versa, unfortunately). I'm not ticklish at all and I remember my mom tickling my dad as well as my mom complaining that my dad would always tickle her.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

5/11/2024
The TMF Art and Story Archives collect some of our communities best creators work in one place!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back