• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Interesting article on the dynamics of tickling

Very interesting article, although not all of it was new to me. Thanks for the link. :D

They lost me when it said "Why can't you tickle yourself?"

I get so sick of these scientific articles saying something I can easily do is impossible.

You're enviably fortunate if you can tickle yourself!

They lost me when it said "Why can't you tickle yourself?"

I get so sick of these scientific articles saying something I can easily do is impossible.

You better instruct us on how to do it, not just say it. And a video would be useful.

No image of me will ever be uploaded onto this site. :) As for how you do it, you just do it! The same way you'd tickle someone else.

I don't do it for fun or anything. Usually when I do it, it's on accident.

Usually when I do it, it's on accident.

And therein is the crucial element. You are not tickling yourself. You are getting accidental (and surprise) stimulation. Which is a different type of stimulation then tickling.

Myriads

It's not a crucial element because I can do it purposefully too, and it works exactly as if someone else was tickling me. I just don't really want to do it because it makes me feel like a weirdo. Who wants to roll around shrieking and laughing by themselves? lol

I can't seriously be the ONLY person who can do this. Other members have said they can as well.

I found this:

http://thebrainbank.scienceblog.com/2012/12/24/why-cant-we-tickle-ourselves-but-schizophrenics-can/

"However, research has now stumbled upon a remarkable feature of schizophrenia showing that, unlike the rest of us, schizophrenics actually have the capacity to tickle themselves! It has been suggested that this phenomenon may be a caused by neurological changes in the schizophrenic brain which disable the patient’s ability to detect self-initiated actions. It is possible that biochemical or structural changes in the brain cause a malfunction in the predictive system of the cerebellum. This results in a miscommunication of information concerning internally- vs. externally-generated actions. Essentially this means that, although the patient is able to process the intent to move and is aware the movement has occurred, they cannot then link the resulting sensation (the tickle) with their internal knowledge of making the movement. It is therefore possible that this deficit in self-awareness or monitoring could result in thoughts or actions becoming isolated from the internal appreciation that they are producing them. Consequently, schizophrenic patients may misinterpret internally-generated thoughts and movements as external changes in the environment."

I've never been diagnosed with this, but I have suffered from a LOT of mental and emotional issues over the course of my life, and many of my experiences have led me to believe that my brain doesn't function like that of the average person. So, perhaps there is a legit reason that I can tickle myself and many can't.

Either way, I wish people would stop saying that it can't happen like it's scientific fact, when research is now showing that some people can do it. And this is just one group of people that they've studied.

Never said that it couldn't happen. Because based on the fact that I view human physical and mental development like snowflakes, infinite interations on a basic pattern yet, all unique, I'm sure there are very few absolutes in our reactions and psychologies.

It's just that when people claim to be able to tickle themselves, its always turned out to be 'surprise stimulation' or 'predictive reactions' (Predictive reactions are people who have an idea how a ticklish person reacts, and then acts in that matter, to the point they convince themselves the reaction is to the tickling, and not to the expectation) The schizophrenia example you pull above is a text book example of this. We are very able to make ourselves believe we are able to do many things. It's why a non-ticklish person under hypnosis can become so ticklish they can't stand up. Mind trumps body.

I don't doubt that you feel what you think you feel. But accept that your mind might be pulling the wool over your own eyes as on possible reason why.

Exceptions to physical behavior rules are super rare. They are either honest mutations, or psychological self manipulation as a rule.

But whatever way it is. You get the effect, and can enjoy it. And that is what counts.

Myriads

Door 44 Productions
What's New

5/15/2024
The TMF Links forum keeps you updated on tickling sites all around the web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back