• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Investigator Kelli Pippa Discovers the Underground Cult of Sadistic Ticklers */f foot

rajee

Level of Cherry Feather
What do I need to do/improve on to make my artwork successful on an Images4sale site?

I will practice here until my art quality is high enough to be successful as products.
I realize I need to clean up my lineart in this picture in some areas. I need to add background items as well. Anything else.
Constructive criticism, please.

:super_hap

Attachments

• Kelly-Pippa.jpg
    Kelly-Pippa.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 329
Nice work Rajee! I love your attitude and the enthusiasm you put into your work ^_^
Its wonderful to see an artist make strides to becoming professional.
All I can reccommend is you to keep your head up and practice practice practice!
Your digital work is very nice! What I take pride in most in my work is nailing the basics, starting from ground zero ^_^ If you have a good base sketch, each step afterwards is easier and looks better. Each step of art, from sketching, to ink, to colors, relies heavily on the step before it. You need a good sketch to ink well, and obviously coloring is made easy with good linework ^_^
If you work with photoshop I have two tutorials on my DA site. www.teh-youngscribe.deviantart.com. One of them is the pen tool, which gives you the ability to have killer clean lineart (though I need to update that tutorial, I know even more about it now than 6 months ago), the other is a basic coloring tutorial.
Most will agree that it takes technical skill to create art, I however am a big believer in attitude and the will to create! I'm a big mind over matter type of person, and I know in no time your work will be selling well! Best of luck! =D

Thanks for the compliment and the advice/help Scribesan.
I will check out your tutorials. ^^

I will practice, practice, practice with the pen tool. ^^
:super_hap

Thanks Red Dragon 87. :super_hap

Scribesan's come up with a ton of good advice! I don't have nearly so many suggestions to offer... only to keep the designs simple (something you're doing already... Cora the "Who Me?" Cat is a good example: charmingly funny, polished and easy to accept at a glance), vary the poses and make sure the linework is precise.

As to the current picture, Kelly has investigated herself into grimly torturous straits! That demonic cult leader's most intent on his technique, provoking a mighty extreme reaction! The dim, blood-red background theme provides a rather more dire atomsphere than is usual for your work.

You won't improve your art quite so well if your motivation is money. Just a bit of advice.

Great advice LBH and Fhgwagadds. :super_hap

I do agree with Fhgwagadds. Even though I do make money with my comics, the money itself is not my (prime) motivation. If it were, my work would soon become dull and I would grow tired of making it.
Always let the joy of creating be your prime motivation. If you enjoy yourself while making art, you're more likely to improve upon it. And create lots of drawings. I know from my own experience that practice makes perfect -I'm not perfect, but I'm defenitly better than say two years ago. :)
And if you just look upon your art now and compare it to that which you made some time ago, you will most surely see an improvement. Also it may help to go out sketching real persons and scenes, it helps improving your artistic perception. It sure works for me. :)
So the best advice I can give is just practice, practice, practice, and keep on creating, and see where your style takes you.

And I do quite like the pic you posted here. It has a raw cartoonyness that is rapidly becoming inherent of your drawing style. Well worth developing, I'd say! :)

Last edited:
Thanks Scavenger. Great advice. :super_hap

What's New

5/1/2024
The final vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is now open. See the GFA forum for details!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back