• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

iPhone 5

TiickleNiicole

TMF Regular
Does anyone have the new iPhone 5? If so, is it really as bad as people are saying? I keep hearing about allllll these problems and glitches but I haven't seen them for myself. I've never had an iPhone before so i'm not exactly sure how good they are. Right now I am thinking about going with the Galaxy SIII but i'm torn on which to get. Should I try the iPhone or go with the Galaxy? Hardest...decision...ever!

I've decided against getting an iPhone 5, mostly due to the fact that I've got so many accessories that use the old Apple 30-pin charger/plugin thingy...and I really don't want to shell out an additional $30 for an adapter that should be free. If you've really got your heart set on an iPhone, might I suggest an iPhone 4s, they should be heavily discounted these days and Apple has considerably more apps than Android--and that's the only argument I have in favor of the iPhone.

On the other hand, the Galaxy S3 has more powerful hardware, with its quad-core processor; is supported by five different carriers in the states (AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular, Verizon), as opposed to the three supported by iPhone (AT&T, Sprint, Verizon); has expandable removable microSIM memory, up to 64 GB; and a removable battery, which I imagine one can purchase spare batteries to switch out.

IMO, go with the Galaxy. Right now they have the better phone, and by the time Apple sorts itself out, the phone you choose now will be outdated and in need of replacement anyways.

Last edited:
Ehhh, I'm not sure which one to go for either. I'm leaning more towards the S3 just because I think it looks a little bit nicer. The S3 looks like something that would serve me better.

I am sticking with my 3GS until death do us part, or I am up for an upgrade from AT&T. :)

I'm still trying to learn the options of my regular cellphone.

If you're dead-set on an iPhone, I'd wait until they've had time to fix all the issues from their initial release. Don't be an unpaid beta-tester. ;)

The last time we upgraded, we went with Android. We've had our AT&T Android Inspires for roughly two years, and we're almost ready to upgrade out of frustration. I didn't want to jump on the Apple bandwagon, but I was very irritated with Android's horrendous battery-life (Utilizing battery power is one thing that Apple has down to a science.). Also, we recently had a software upgrade that changed the operating system's appearance (and now treats the phone as if it's a Desire instead of an Inspire.). Since the upgrade, I've found myself having to restart the phone more frequently and do hard-resets more frequently. Also, as far as making calls, I've always had problems with this phone echoing my voice, or not transmitting my voice to the other caller (I can hear them, but they can't hear me.). This phone issue also cost us a potentially lucrative deal when we tried to make an offer on a house to a seller who got frustrated and angry after ten repeated calls that got dropped. :banghead:

I realize I'm digressing to my own personal experience. I've heard good things from coworkers regarding the Galaxy, but Apple has consistently made decent products (after fixing initial bugs.). Also, the Apple Maps fiasco should be something to consider if you plan on using the navigation feature.

If you're more tech-oriented, Android may be the way to go, since there's less restrictions on customization, but if not, Apple may be the way to go, for ease of use, as well as the fact that the Apple store heavily restricts what apps it will allow (protects you from malware.), while Google Play is pretty much unregulated.

i have a 4, got to have a quick play with one tho and its ace. and unlike the galaxy its not like carrying a tablet round with you :)

I was lucky. I was due for an upgrade and recently got an iPhone 4 for $1. Before that I had an old talk and text flip phone. I love it compared to my old phone, but I don't have anything to compare it to. The main thing I've heard and read about iPhone 5 is that there are some glitches with the map.

What's New

5/15/2024
The TMF Links forum keeps you updated on tickling sites all around the web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back