• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Irrelevant Replies

Azrael

TMF Master
While this is not so much of a personal irritation as is the derailing of other individuals' threads, I am slightly amused----and slightly confused----at the prevalence of irrelevant replies. It seems almost that certain individuals simply have a compulsive desire to post meaningless things at any given opportunity (sort of like, this thing).

The basic idea, here, is the following setup:

Topic Start: "Would anybody who has experienced / experimented with / what-have-you, such-and-such thing, tell me what you thought about it? How did it make you feel when this happened, or when this happened?"

Irrelevant Reply: "Well, I've never tried it, so I couldn't tell you."

..?

Why reply, in this situation?

(*waits for such responses as, "I don't know, I've never done that."*)

Ha!

That's definitely a pet peeve of mine.
Can't those people just not reply?!

Who's coming to NEST? (so that folks can get to know each other beforehand)

"I'm not!" (Uh, okay, great... Thanks for letting me know)

Who's into upper body tickling, and what's been your best experience?

"I like FEET! And wrinkly soles! And sucking on your toes! (Uh, okay, great... Thanks for letting me know)

Does any one have this video with Miss Extremely Ticklish? I'd like to buy a clip.

"I'm don't!, but I saw this pretty sunset with feet in it this one time"
(Uh, okay, great... Thanks for letting me know)

You get the idea.

And I'm only picking on the feet people because
1) I prefer upperbody tickling
2) I seem to see their responses more than others. You're so passionate! ;)

Lee

Az,would it not be a good idea to wear safety glasses over that one eye of yours to keep debris and dust out of it on windy days? :bunny:

That reminds me--is anyone else a big Tom Clancy fan? And my favorite movie is 'Air Force One.'

(Come on--you know you were asking for it ;) )

tell me one person who can have a conversation about one solid topic without deviating at all to another, slightly-to-totally off topic conversation, and i'll give you a shiny nickel.

In an ideal world we wouldnt have the problem of irrelvant replies but we do...and i dont see the problem going away..because some people just dont care

Sad...but true

cloudgazer2k said:
tell me one person who can have a conversation about one solid topic without deviating at all to another, slightly-to-totally off topic conversation, and i'll give you a shiny nickel.

...is it one of those cool new nickels, with Jefferson staring out at me? Staring? Always STARING?

Azrael said:
prevalence of irrelevant replies.
Fascinating notion.

Well, if they are really prevalent, then they aren't irrelevant anymore.
Sort of, the strength of numbers or something along those lines.

Just a stray - but relevant - thought.

Who ARE you, O Marshmallow of my Darkest Dreams...

...And, what do you KNOW of the CHEESE??!

Anyway...

Yeah.

One of these days, every post I've ever made is going to be swept en-masse to the "silly" forum.

At least I'll have vorpal bunnies, General Zod, and Candy Rock Zanzibar, my cross-dressing "Black Irish" mad scientist trombone-playing Russian-Italian Mafioso alter ego, to keep me company.

Incidentally... this wasn't meant to be an overly bitter thread. If somebody WERE bothered more by this than by, say, those who habitually hijack threads they've seen as already popular to make "sure" that their unquestionably brilliant posts are seen by as many people as possible, I'd be worried about that person.

I'm mostly just, curious, as to the point of posting in such an instance. Is it the desire to increase one's post count, or to make sure everybody knows who you are, or to achieve the next level of feather just a little bit sooner?

Why, for instance, am I posting again? I mean, aside from wanting desperately to reply to AffectionateDan, maintain my reputation for insanity, etc... which required that I say something subsequently which actually, not only related to my original topic, but was relevant, given that these are the issues which I complain about with alarming frequency?

Why, I ask you? WHY??!

-----------------------------------------

Rob

PS. Do lines count as being off topic?

Rob

YES I CAN!!!
All of these unfounded rumors of me being tone-deaf are WRONG!!

I can sing.

How well depends on how good your ears are :D

Rob

I really don't know why. Maybe its a compulsion....like having to look in a mirror every time you pass one. Just thought I would put my intellectual spin on the subject. Oh ya, and boost my posting numbers :D

Is it just me,or does it seem like its been a colder spring then normal? :rolleyes:

i never look in a mirror when walking by...i don't wish to break it...

Heh

I gave up on being truly annoyed by thread hijacking and irrelevant posts a long time ago. I teach preschool, and anytime you ask little children a question like "who needs to go potty?" you get a rousing chorus of "NOT ME!" that actually drowns out the ones that do have to go. It's the same thing here, and frankly the same maturity level and need for attention :p .

All kidding aside, the folks who really can't help it and do it compulsively are on ignore; that way they can be a part of the thread (and some of them need to be a part of ALL threads, you know it's true) without being an irritant in my day :bubble:

Bella

What's New

4/27/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest clip store! Get details by clicking the C4S banners
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back