• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Is George Lucas Making a Star Wars TV Series?

Ethical Edward

TMF Expert
George Lucas has conquered the big screen, toy world, animation and books and now I hear he wants to make a television show for the Star Wars universe. I hear it's supposed to take place between episodes 3 and 4 and have a lot of bounty hunters such as Bossk who didn't do much in the movies and even show Luke Skywalker a bit. Is this true or is it just a rumor someone is passing to me? :wow:

Didnt they try and fail with an ewoks movie?

If he wants to make money it will work, as for content who knows. Just like star trek, it made money but it declined in quality to painful levels

Yeah, most of the actors who survived episode III have shown interest in appearing in it. Also, the actor who played Boba Fett has been specifically asked to have a role in it. George Lucas is writing the first season and then handing it over to another staff, he'll stay on as producer though. Don't expect to see it before 2008.

Fire Sprite said:
Yeah, most of the actors who survived episode III have shown interest in appearing in it. Also, the actor who played Boba Fett has been specifically asked to have a role in it. George Lucas is writing the first season and then handing it over to another staff, he'll stay on as producer though. Don't expect to see it before 2008.

I actually heard 2010. They don't say anything about it in Star Wars.com unless i'm missing it. :Hyrdrogen

Goodieluver said:
Didnt they try and fail with an ewoks movie?

If he wants to make money it will work, as for content who knows. Just like star trek, it made money but it declined in quality to painful levels

I agree. This series, and Star Trek, should be mothballed...for a LOOONG time.

The Sean Man said:
I agree. This series, and Star Trek, should be mothballed...for a LOOONG time.

Well, trek is diff, it is very very successful in syndication. Its just the new tripe thats put out which is offensive.

I do like the newly remastered original series shows which are on late Saturday night. And though it sounded hokey at first, the new updated special effects are way cool. Love seeing the old Enterprise and alien ships done with modern effects.

It doesn't look like they're even doing anything noticeable. They're recording the theme song exactly as it was forty years ago and adding a CGI enterprise without changing its flight pattern. Really, what's the point?

You know what, I don't care about George Lucas...I really don't like him much after he butchered Star Wars in the prequels (although episode 3 was good, I must admit). Being a huge Star Wars fan myself, I think they should just leave it be...no tv series Lucas, please, don't make it any worse for yourself.

Scinsor said:
You know what, I don't care about George Lucas...I really don't like him much after he butchered Star Wars in the prequels (although episode 3 was good, I must admit). Being a huge Star Wars fan myself, I think they should just leave it be...no tv series Lucas, please, don't make it any worse for yourself.

I thought the prequels were excellent and also think that the reason people don't like them is because they couldn't bring back movie goers to the 1970s to relive their childhood when the originals came out. But then again nothing could so Lucas was in a no win situation with episodes 1-3, i'm sure he knew that no matter what was on the screen he was going to get unfairly criticized for it and went forth with his movies anyway. Unfortunately there is no time machine to take you back to 1978 when you didn't have bills to pay and life was simpler so deal with what you've got and be happy with it. :devil:

What's New

5/13/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the most tickling clips in one place on the web!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back