• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Is it okay to hang up?

, he appreciated it much more than the people who would start yelling at him over the phone. :rolleyes:

He should never telemarket-call my Dad then. :shock:

But yeah seriously, just hang up. It'd probably actually be an effective method of cruel to be "nice" and let them go over details for ten minutes, building up their hopes, until you just say, "No thank you, I'm not interested." and hung up.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/un_PjRXV5l8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/un_PjRXV5l8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I was just about to post this.:bwahaha:

Totally. I never feel bad if they aren't listening and I keep telling them I have to go.

it is totally ok to hang up. Most of them won't take no for an answer anyway. So hanging up on them is the answer they deserve.

He should never telemarket-call my Dad then. :shock:

But yeah seriously, just hang up. It'd probably actually be an effective method of cruel to be "nice" and let them go over details for ten minutes, building up their hopes, until you just say, "No thank you, I'm not interested." and hung up.

Indeed. Thing is, they are after one thing: To sell. They'll even try to trick you if they can. My friend told me quite extensively of how him and his colleagues just did what they could to "charm" people, leave out parts of the deal, etc. Everyone had different strategies though, but those are two examples.

Just hanging up is the most time-effective thing for them AND you, since you will be less inconvenienced and they can immediately continue on to make their next call. It's not like they stay and linger on the fact that they were "clicked".

That said, I still sit and hear out their entire offer (sometimes I also ask questions) before I tell them I'm not interested, simply out of spite. There is no job that could possibly place you further down on the social ladder IMO. I know they're mostly just poor students trying to get by, but still! Fucking parasites...

Indeed. Thing is, they are after one thing: To sell. They'll even try to trick you if they can. My friend told me quite extensively of how him and his colleagues just did what they could to "charm" people, leave out parts of the deal, etc. Everyone had different strategies though, but those are two examples.

Just hanging up is the most time-effective thing for them AND you, since you will be less inconvenienced and they can immediately continue on to make their next call. It's not like they stay and linger on the fact that they were "clicked".

That said, I still sit and hear out their entire offer (sometimes I also ask questions) before I tell them I'm not interested, simply out of spite.

Yep...I get sales calls all the time from these Spanish-speaking women. 0.0 One of them started talking to me, so I just said "lo siento, no hablo espanol" and hung up on her. XD lol Although the previous time I told my mom about it and she wasn't so friendly to the lady...I think she called her a bitch in Spanish. Forgot what it's called. :|

I think she called her a bitch in Spanish. Forgot what it's called. :|

:eek:

I am very disappointed with you. Swearing is the first thing you learn when studying a new language, and the last thing you forget! :mad:

yep totally fine to hang up seeing as they cant and its not hard to tell your not intrested

i worked for a telemarketer place for a day and it was the worst day of work in my life... you sit in a cubicle and read from this big script, it gives a list of responses the customer could come up with and what you should say if they do so..

the most boring 8 hours of my life.. i honestly thought killing myself sounded good at lunch

I'd say it reflects well on you that you feel guilty about it, but trust me, there's no reason to. I can be quite a jerk with telemarketers when they bother me. Often what I do is tell them that I'm very interested in buying whatever they're offering, but I have a pot on the stove. Then I put down the phone and do something else and see how long it takes them to figure it out and hang up.

What's your opinion, is it ok to just hang up if it's a salesman calling?

YES!!

If you want to be polite about it, just say, "I'm not buying so don't waste any more of your time on me," and hang up without another word.

Yep...I get sales calls all the time from these Spanish-speaking women. 0.0 One of them started talking to me, so I just said "lo siento, no hablo espanol" and hung up on her. XD lol Although the previous time I told my mom about it and she wasn't so friendly to the lady...I think she called her a bitch in Spanish. Forgot what it's called. :|

Punta

Is anyone here a Seinfeld fan?

Remember the one w/the telemarketer?
Jerry says, "I'm sorry but I'm in the middle of something, why don't you give me YOUR phone number, I'll call you at home later and you can tell me more?"
And after a brief pause~"What's that? You don't want me calling you at home? Well now you know how I feel." And he hangs up on them.
Genius!
XOXO

That's the one! :bounce:

Well, it's close; actually, the word is puta (no 'n').

On topic, there's nothing wrong with hanging up on the telemarketers, though I usually just don't answer the phone unless I recognize the caller's number.

I haven't had a proper day on this planet if I haven't hung up on these people. I'm waiting for the right one, though...I just might mess with a woman on the other end, and ask her if she's ticklish. I'm dying to see what kind of reaction I get if I go down that road.

"I'll do the survey if you answer one question...one question please..."

What's New

5/19/2024
There will be Tivia in our Chat Room this Sunday evening at 11PM EDT! Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back