• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Laughter is good for you.....

mabus

1st Level Green Feather
By Cathryn Conroy, Netscape News Editor

Enjoying a good laugh--and even anticipating laughter--can actually boost your immune system and reduce stress, Reuters reports of new research from the University of California-Irvine. Laughing raises our levels of endorphins and other pleasure and relaxation-inducing hormones while it lowers the production of stress hormones. In other words, laugh a lot for better health. "This stuff is real," Lee Berk, an assistant professor of family medicine and researcher in complementary and alternative medicine, who led the study, told Reuters. "This study shows that even knowing you will be involved in a positive humorous event days in advance reduces levels of stress hormones in the blood and increases levels of chemicals known to aid relaxation," he added.

The California researchers tested 16 men, all of whom agreed that a specific videotape was funny. Eight of the men were told three days in advance that they would get to see the funny videotape. Berk says that those men immediately began experiencing biological changes. When they actually watched the video, their levels of the stress hormone cortisol fell 39 percent. Epinephrine, also known as adrenaline, fell 70 percent, while levels of the feel-good hormone endorphin rose 27 percent and growth hormone levels, which are important to the immune system, climbed a whopping 87 percent.

This study is the first to show that anticipating a funny event has the same biological effect as participating in it. "You have been thinking about it all day, so you experience a change in biology even before you get there," Berk told Reuters. "That is therapeutic."

Very interesting, mabus. I always feel good for two or three days before a scheduled session (of tickle torture, among other things) with Mistress Zara, and now I know why. :D

Nice study, Mabus--and done at my school (UCI), no less. :) But nothing will match that tickle study done by Christine Harris a few years ago in which female college students were tickled on their feet! :D

What's New

4/28/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday Eve at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back