• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Led Zeppelin's best song

cj22

TMF Regular
Well we had the "greatest band" tournament and Zeppelin was the winner. Now I'd like to hear your personal favorite. If you had to pick ONE Zeppelin song as your favorite, what would it be? And please keep it to just ONE song. Its too easy to throw out 4 or 5 favorites. There are plenty to choose from....GO!

I'd say "Stairway To Heaven" but then 99,999,999 other people will probably say that, too, unless they're sick of it. Surprisingly, I first heard that song in 1971 and I've yet to say, "Enough already!!!".

But for this thread, my choice will be "Ramble On," from the album Led Zeppelin II. I've always loved John Paul Jones' bass playing on that one:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ssKtIni9adA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ssKtIni9adA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Jeez ... I dunno. This is a tough one.

I honestly love ALL their songs. Not sure if I can keep it to just one song ( sorry , cj22 ) , but for me , I guess it's a toss-up between The Rain Song & That's The Way.

I can't keep to just one either:

"whole lotta love" OF COURSE.. OMG.. play it loud and you'll see why

"Thank You" i've always really loved this song.

This is a cruel thread... Only one???!!! Zeppelin has so many... but I'll agree with FeatherFingers on this one and say "Ramble On" is beyond brilliant!!

"Black Dog"......their ultimate most-rocking song.

and their greatest laid-back song:

"Down By the Seaside" from Physical Graffiti

Drew

"Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You"

"Since I've Been Loving You"

The damn riffs are like deadly mantra...

#1: Kashmir

runners up:

Ramble On

Babe I'm gonna Leave You

Achilles Last Stand

Stairway

It is really difficult to pick just one. They have so many amazing songs. My favorite basically changes with my mood. If I had to pick one right now, I'm picking "Over the Hills and Far Away". I love the mix of folksy acoustic for the first 1:30 and then they just get heavy and rock out like they do so well.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_swFHp-0_sY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_swFHp-0_sY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Thankfully, many others have already done the toss up thing, so I guess that means I won't feel too bad about not choosing only one. I have two songs, myself wich are neck and neck:

Battle of Evermore and Tangerine.

Misty Mountain Hop
Battle of Evermore
Cashmire

and an honorary mention to Big Log, from Robert Plant

Does anyone else own the CD that Jimmy Page & Robert Plant released back in 1998? It's titled Walking Into Clarksdale & it's a really , really good album.

Thought I'd mention it , just in case any fellow Zeppelin fans never heard about it ... seeing as how it mostly flew under the radar.

Never heard Page/Plant's "Walking to Clarksdale", but I have the Robert Plant/Allison Krause cd and they do "Please Send a Letter". This song originally appears on "Walking". It's a really cool tune.

Drew

What's New

4/27/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest clip store! Get details by clicking the C4S banners
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back