• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Lord of the Rings comes out tomorrow!

topless_ticklee

TMF Poster
Hey...
I don't know about anyone else, but I am STOKED to get my little hands on the LOTR DVD tomorrow morning! I've had it on reserve forever now...anyone else thrilled by the fact that in less than 2 hours (eastern time) Wal-Mart and the other stores that are having midnight openings for the film will be selling this movie??? Gotta run!

Topless
:bunny:

Indeed...

Hope the rest
5.gif
of the movies can maintain this quality....

I am really hyped as well. I can hardly wait to get mine. I really like the feel of "The Lord of the Rings". You got wizards, rogues, elves, dwarves, rangers and all that good RPG like stuff. I am even more excited over this release than I was over Star Wars Phantom Menace or A.I. and I really liked those DVDs as well.

Loved the trilogy in book form, and their pre-quel "The Hobbit". I think the film is gonna be a damn fine watch too. It'll be interesting to see how they deal with the details of the previous story, without having made a film about it. I'm curious to see how they introduce the information about Smaug, the ring's origin in the hands of Gollum/Smeagol and Bilbo's fame from his earlier life.

i'm waiting to buy the dvd...

in november of this year they are going to re-release the dvd of l.o.t.r. in a bigger release. there will be deleated sceens added back in, and a whole bunch of other goodies. so i'm waitin!
steve

yeah, the november release is great, but...

Right before Christmas, they're releasing the COLLECTOR'S edition set...everything the extended release has, plus an extra disk of specials or something, and a collector's set of bookends in the shape of the Argonath (the two statues the boats sailed between on the river Anduin)! I'm also getting that set *heehe!*. As a complete and utter Tolkien junkie, I cannot wait for the next movie to come out! December 18th baby!

Topless

i think i`m gonna buy it now.i really want to see it again.i can`t wait for november for that other movie to come out.....you know,the one with the crappy special effects,terrible story and even worse showing at the box office.i think it`s called Attack of the Clones.;)

I haven't seen the movie yet. I couldn't find anyone to go see it with me (my wife want to go see Harry Potter, and when I refused, she refused to see Fellowship of the Ring with me).

I've finally gotten around to reading the books. I've finished the first on, and now I'm starting on the second. For those who have seen it already, how does it compare to the book?

I'm gonna buy it now so I can see the thing before the second movie comes out.

Guitman69

Comparing the movie to the book, I'd say that Peter Jackson stayed very faithful to Tolkien's words. Sure, there are some scenes that have been added/changed (using Arwen to take Frodo to Rivendell rather than Glorifindel), but all in all, an accurate representation of Part One of the trilogy.
BTW, I watched it again today...and again...Lol
Topless

My only exposure to the story was the 2 original hobbit cartons i saw as a kid. I loved them. I really looked forward to the movie and it was awesome. It was as good if not better than i hoped for. I have this thing about not reading books after i have seen a movie so i hav'nt read the book. I thought about reading the other books, but i think i want to go into the movies not knowing what to expect. I have high hopes for the second one due around christmas. I hope it comes out on pay-per-view soon. I'd love to see it again.

book vs movie

i agree with topless... <eg> (sorry it just sounded funny).
anyway, they stayed true better than many movies i've seen!
if they do as well for the second book, it will be incredible!
the huge battle sceens will be a feast for the eyes. if we could only get them to add some tickling...
steve

Just watched it last night. I think they did a good job, with what they could do. There is just no way to put that much material in a movie. Even a 3 hour movie. The whole thing seemed rushed to me.

They should have made a movie for each of the books in 'Fellowship of the Ring'. They totally glossed over the treck from the Shire to Rivendell. My favorite part of the book was when the Hobits got lost in the woods, and were attacked by the trees.

LOTR......

I'm waiting till it hits the bargain bin...what the hell...I've read the series about 100 times, so I'll just use my imagination till then! Q

i got the DVD and saw it at the cinema, its amazing. i'm reading the book as well, as a comparison to the film. its true that the film is true to the book, but only to a degree. i think that the 'love story' between the man (argaron?) and the elf (arwen? - soz i'm crap with remembering names lol) was totally unnecessary.

that said, the DVD is a great buy, although the special features repeat themselves with the interviews etc.

i would recommend it but the true junkies should wait for the 4 disk xmas release with the cut scenes. probably be too expensive for most people though.

Lord of the Rings!

LORD OF THE RINGS WAS THE BEST MOVIE I'VE SEEN IN 2001!!!! The previews for the next installment looks just as great!

I've just finished watching all of the DVD extras in this one, and I'm amazed at the attention to detail Peter Jackson put into this faithful re-creation. Of course, I'm going to buy the collector's edition in November with all of the cut scenes, as they'll touch upon some things that I felt should have been in the film in the first place. From what I gathered from the preview in this DVD, there will be much more of Lothlorien, including Galadrial's gifts to the other members of the Fellowship, Gimli's newfound appreciation of the Elves,the true origin of the tension between Borimir and Aragorn and more of the trek from Hobbiton to Rivendell.

At the same time, the Attack of the Clones DVD will be out, so there goes 50 or so bucks out of my wallet that month.:rolleyes:

What I like about both of these editions is that both Jackson and Lucas took the time to actually complete the unfinished scenes for the DVD so that fans will have something special. Most DVDs just show the uncut, sometimes soundless versions of the crap that got cut out. As Lucas once said; "Films are never finished, they're just abandoned." At least these two filmmakers go above and beyond to complete thier visions.

Dave, talking of uncut scenes and AOTC, do you know if the DVD will have more of Anakin's attack of the sand people's village in it?

BigJim said:
Dave, talking of uncut scenes and AOTC, do you know if the DVD will have more of Anakin's attack of the sand people's village in it?

i heard somewhere that it would... cool...:devil:

If only theyd make a movie about the Silmarllion....now that would be truly AWESOME

It's a fine notion, 'Ice, but unless effects get cheaper, they're gonna have to animate that one.
Even then, it'd be a tough go. I'm still hopin' the rest of the LOTR flicks hold up as well as the second. That the Two Towers is lookin' t'be such an action flick still trips me out.

Still waitin' to buy the second release o' the first flick, wit' all the extra footage...

dvnc

lotr

I just bought it on dvd the other day, i didnt watch it yet. I didnt even know that girls were into this stuff.

Heck, my ma's the one that turned me on to the Tolkein books...

Re: lotr

AphxA said:
I just bought it on dvd the other day, i didnt watch it yet. I didnt even know that girls were into this stuff.

i have 3 daughters that have read all the books, and seen the movie twice! they are bigger fans than my son! we're buying the collectors edition in november.
steve

What's New

4/27/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest clip store! Get details by clicking the C4S banners
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back