• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Macromedia Flash Player

TickledToDeath

2nd Level Violet Feather
Running off a PC using Windows XP and Internet Explorer, is it safe to install this Macromedia Flash Player to my system?
I get the warnings that it could be harmful and will not take chances yet until I hear from others about this.

TTD

Flash Player is fairly universal now. With the newer security concerns, I think Windows will warn you about anything at all that you attempt to install, as a sort of cover-our-ass gesture, but I would bet that the Flash player is installed on 80% or more of pcs.

You can tweak your security settings in the Internet Options of IE to disable any flash programs that try to run until you specifically choose to enable them, which should cover any possible security holes.

Just adding support to Sir Jeff here...

Flash is, as he said, universal at this point. THe download itself is from Macromedia (Now part of Adobe), and is thus safe to install. It comes with no adware/spyware/malware/*Insert bad adjective here*-ware. While there are ways to use Flash to exploit weaknesses in IE, that can be said of anything. Installing Flash will not make IE any more unsecure than it already is.

What they said, plus going one step further....

If you are concerned about security at all, you might want to ditch IE all together and move on to a more secure browser. I recommend Firefox, but Opera is another option.

What's New

4/27/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest clip store! Get details by clicking the C4S banners
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back