• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Marvel Now! (reboot in the making)

Sandrock74

4th Level Green Feather
After the Avengers vs. X-Men fisticuffs currently going on, Marvel is doing what I term a "soft reboot" of the status quo. I attached a picture so you can see some of what is in store. One of the new things is a merged Avengers/X-Men team called....the Uncanny Avengers (sigh). Cap and Thor will be on the team with Wolverine, Rogue, and Havok. The Hulk starts wearing armor (you know, because he's so injury prone). Oh, and a certain red haired mutant is also back!

The real stand out point of everything I've read about this is the new X-Men series (written by Brian Michael Bendis), in which the original teenage X-Men are stuck in their future (the present) and they don't like what they see. I'm putting money down right now that eventually they go back to their correct point in time and alter history and Marvel will have its first ever line wide reboot.
Marvel Now.jpg

Sandrock no liking this!

Umm what's with the raccoon with the Gatling gun?

Why , that's Rocket Raccoon , of course! :thumbsup:

He's a character who's been around since the mid-'70s & is currently a member of the Guardians of the Galaxy.

From his very own limited series in 1985 :

8566411_1.jpg

Why did Marvel wait so long to do their reboot? Was it due to the whole pimping of the AvX? Or was AvX supposed to be the pre-reboot reboot?

Nice to see Medusa getting some work! Long been a fan. Thanks for the covers, Soda!

Crystal, I'm positive that this "not a reboot" reboot is specifically in response to DC's New 52 from last year. Marvel (now playing follow the leader instead of their longheld industry leading way), decided to use AvX as an excuse to do their "not a reboot" reboot; I don't think it was intended to be used for this purpose originally. Of course, no one from Marvel would ever admit to that!

Personally, I miss the days of continuous running series. I'm in the middle of rebagging and boarding my collection (UGH!) and its frustrating getting into titles post 2000 due to all the starts and stops and new #1's. Just stupid.

Personally, I miss the days of continuous running series. I'm in the middle of rebagging and boarding my collection (UGH!) and its frustrating getting into titles post 2000 due to all the starts and stops and new #1's. Just stupid.

Agreed. I'm not a fan at all of this continual 'starting over' a title w/a new #1 issue. Many times , they just revert back to the original numbering , anyway. Can be pretty annoying for a longtime collector.

What's New

4/26/2024
Visit Dorr 44 for clips! Details in the D44 box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back