• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Massive cold wave gripping much of the country.

The weather is supposed to reach melting by monday or tuesday.

This is why nobody is stupid enough to wash their car.

Arctic cold last Monday and in the 40s on the following Saturday. What is with this radical temperature swing?

We are supposed to have more Arctic cold this week. The high on Wednesday, under "Sunny skies", is going to be a blistering hot.. 19 degrees. Temps aren't supposed to get out of the low 20s between Tuesday, and Thursday. After a couple of day "moderation" following that, it is supposed to plunge down into the 20s for high temps again next week.

Bitter cold weather expected here, with highs only in the teens on Wednesday, along with up to ten inches of snow tomorrow into Wednesday.

The low temp on the night of my bday, Thursday, is supposed to be a balmy.. 5 degrees. We have plans to go to dinner.. but.. if its that cold.. its best that we postpone them, and that my 73 year old father, who is now in 70 degree Florida, where hes complaining about the "Cold", stays home.

So far, five inches of snow has fallen here, and it is snowing heavily.. the actual air temp is 16 and dropping, and it is very windy. If it keeps snowing at this rate, it would seem we would have closer to the 12 inches than 8 inches. Heavy snow is supposed to fall through at least midnight, and then tomorrow is going to be a blazing high in the teens.

I just left the apartment for the first time in 3 days. Had to food shop. It is beastly! About 6 degrees, with howling winds! I will be working at home today, and wont be going out again. I have a morning meeting tomorrow, but otherwise.. will be working home.

37 here, but feels like 26 with the wind chill. Sleet is being reported in the downtown area and east of I-35, where I live. The morning rush hour may be very interesting with freezing rain also forecast. I'm very glad I don't have to be out there in the morning. Most people here have no idea how to drive in those conditions.

After one milder day tomorrow, Tuesday's high temp is forecast to be a roasting high.. 17 degrees! Its then supposed to be in the 20s for a few days for highs, before finally moderating into the lower 30s heading into next weekend.

The frigid weather this winter has been unreal.

Let's keep this thread going.

It was started in 2013 and tonight some places in the South will see snow for the first time in a decade.

BTW: I started a "Winter Thread" in The Silly Forum.

We have a 20% chance of sleet, snow and freezing rain beginning around 10PM and lasting most of Tuesday. The high tomorrow will be 36 or 37 but with a brisk wind out of the northeast the wind chill will be as low as 22. :shake:

Stupidly cold here until at least Thursday. Low double digits by day, single digits or minus range at night, not counting wind chill factor.

Another deep freeze has set in here. Today seemed relatively warm early in the day. When I came out of the office on Long Island after work today, the temp had dropped severely, and it was freezing, with a biting wind! Tomorrow is supposed to be a balmy 17 degrees! BRRRR! and GRRRR! It may not warm up the rest of this week.

Rush hour this morning was a real mess. I was quite glad to watch the news reports on TV, rather than dealing with it. APD and EMS responded to hundreds of accidents all over Austin and Travis County. All the highways were closed in multiple locations, and there were dozens of surface streets closed at least part of the day. The good news is there were no deaths or serious injuries, but EMS also responded to at least 35 slip and fall incidents. Low's will drop into the low 20's overnight.

We haven't been in this kind of weather since the 1980s; trust me, I didn't miss it then and I don't like it any better now!

Sucks, sucks, sucks!!:shake::scream:

The BIG NEWS on CNN is that the city of Atlanta has come to a standstill. People slept overnight in places like Home Depot. Children slept overnight in their schools unable to go home.

The current temp here at almost 3pm Eastern is a sizzling.. 22 degrees! Today is supposed to be the worst of the cold, with highs not getting out of the low 20s. Tomorrow is supposed to be right around 30 degrees, before more milder weather comes in later in the week.

The BIG NEWS on CNN is that the city of Atlanta has come to a standstill. People slept overnight in places like Home Depot. Children slept overnight in their schools unable to go home.

I've been reading about this. Can't imagine being stuck in a car for up to 18 hours in conditions like that.

It is above freezing today.

I was reading in Charleston, South Carolina big icicles were dropping from the cables on a bridge smashing windshields and luckly no one was killed.

The weather here has warmed up. However.. they are predicting up to three inches of snow on Monday.

I don't know, carl. NYC doesn't seem to have a "Groundhog" that I know of. Lancaster did have one, I believe.

It's supposed to get into the teens again up here by next Tuesday.

Well after bragging about the warm weather yesterday, winter has again returned with a vengeance.

We are having yet another Winter Storm here today, with heavy, wet snow, and up to 8 inches expected. As if that isn't bad enough, there is yet another Winter Storm Watch in effect from late tomorrow into Wednesday, with several more inches of snow forecast. That storm may turn to rain in NYC.

I had Sales School class scheduled for today, but luckily, that was cancelled.

What's New

6/2/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this SUnday eve at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back