• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Men more “evolved” than women

TonyInMyThroat

2nd Level Orange Feather
As if there was ever any doubt ... :numberone:

Men more evolved? Their Y chromosome is
Genes that make a man are evolving far faster than rest of human code

Women may think of men as primitive, but new research indicates that the Y chromosome — the thing that makes a man male — is evolving far faster than the rest of the human genetic code.
A new study comparing the Y chromosomes from humans and chimpanzees, our nearest living relatives, show that they are about 30 percent different. That is far greater than the 2 percent difference between the rest of the human genetic code and that of the chimp's, according to a study appearing online Wednesday in the journal Nature.
These changes occurred in the last 6 million years or so, relatively recently when it comes to evolution.
"The Y chromosome appears to be the most rapidly evolving of the human chromosomes," said study co-author Dr. David Page, director of the prestigious Whitehead Institute in Cambridge and a professor of biology at MIT. "It's an almost ongoing churning of gene reconstruction. It's like a house that's constantly being rebuilt."
Before men get too impressed with themselves, lead author Jennifer Hughes offers some words of caution: Just because the Y chromosome, which determines gender, is evolving at a speedy rate it doesn't necessarily mean men themselves are more evolved.
Researchers took the most detailed examination of the Y chromosome, which females do not have, of both humans and chimps and found entire sections dramatically different. There were even entire genes on the human Y chromosome that weren't on the chimp, said Hughes, also of the Whitehead Institute.
The two-year research took twice as long as expected because of the evolutionary changes found, Hughes said.
There is a bit of a proviso to the comparison to other chromosomes. While all human and chimp chromosomes have been mapped, only two chimp chromosomes have been examined in great detail: Y and chromosome 21. Yet, there's still enough known to make the claim that the Y is the speediest evolver, Hughes and Page said.

Finally, some respect
Until recently the Y chromosome was considered the Rodney Dangerfield of genetics, especially because it had fewer genes than other chromosomes. A few years ago some researchers even suggested that the Y chromosome was shrinking so that in 50,000 years it would just disappear — and so would men.
"The story is not as cut and dried as many would have liked to predict," Hughes said. "It's kind of fun to say that men are going to die out, but the science is proving — now that we've got data — that that's not true at all."
Page agreed. "The Y chromosome has many more tricks up its sleeve than it was given credit for," he said.
There are a couple of reasons Page and Hughes cite for Y being such an evolutionary powerhouse. One is that it stands alone and isn't part of a pair like 44 other chromosomes. So when there are mutations there's no matching chromosome to recombine and essentially cover up the change, Hughes said. Because women have two X chromosomes, the X chromosome doesn't have this situation.
Another reason has to do with the nature of mating. When female chimps are in heat, they mate frequently and with many partners, so there is an evolutionary pressure on the male to produce the most and best sperm to propagate his genes, Page said.
To test this out, Hughes said she hopes to soon examine the Y chromosomes of a rhesus macaque, which is fairly promiscuous, and the marmoset, which is more monogamous than early humans probably were.
Outside scientists praised the study.
"Wow," said R. Scott Hawley, a genetics researcher at the Stowers Institute in Kansas City. "That result is astounding."
"The Y chromosome clearly has the strength and tenacity to fight back," said Hawley, who wasn't part of the research. "I certainly think the Y chromosome has taken a bad rap for a long time with people doing maps showing areas for channel surfing."
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34843925/ns/health-mens_health/

Who actually wrote this piece? It doesn't mention the doctor by name.

*sigh* This what happens when lay reporters try to write about science.

Still, there was one accurate statement in there:

"Before men get too impressed with themselves, lead author Jennifer Hughes offers some words of caution: Just because the Y chromosome, which determines gender, is evolving at a speedy rate it doesn't necessarily mean men themselves are more evolved."

Most of the rest is badly confused.

Here's the actual paper.

*sigh* This what happens when lay reporters try to write about science.

Still, there was one accurate statement in there:

"Before men get too impressed with themselves, lead author Jennifer Hughes offers some words of caution: Just because the Y chromosome, which determines gender, is evolving at a speedy rate it doesn't necessarily mean men themselves are more evolved."

Most of the rest is badly confused.

Here's the actual paper.

It's a fun read but indeed full of crap. But then again, if you'd just report about the science normal people wouldn't read it because they'd find it boring. (or so the editor of the magazine would think)

Lmao @ the article.

My opinion...

Men are only more "evolved" in the following ways (neither of them positive):

1) Letting their genitals run their lives...hindering their own progress.

2) Knowing a substantial amount about alcoholic beverages.

.....and...ummm...that's pretty much the extent of the average male's evolution.

If you're a male between the ages of 18 and 25, you'll most likely disagree w/ me, as you're taking the last few sips of your Miller High Life (not that there's anything wrong with that).

If you're over 25, you might not like my analysis, but you know, deep inside, that it's the fucking truth.

:D

Have a good week...

:toast:

ITT: Implied male superiority leads to declarations about how much men suck compared to women.

Men and women both suck. Women just suck better. ;)

Lmao @ the article.

My opinion...

Men are only more "evolved" in the following ways (neither of them positive):

1) Letting their genitals run their lives...hindering their own progress.

2) Knowing a substantial amount about alcoholic beverages.

.....and...ummm...that's pretty much the extent of the average male's evolution.

If you're a male between the ages of 18 and 25, you'll most likely disagree w/ me, as you're taking the last few sips of your Miller High Life (not that there's anything wrong with that).

If you're over 25, you might not like my analysis, but you know, deep inside, that it's the fucking truth.

:D

Have a good week...

:toast:

over 25, and couldn't disagree more

i didnt actually read the article, sounds boring.

buuuuut

if the message was that women evolve faster, which should be just as inherently ludicrous, anyone else think it might receive a little less mocking?

buuuuut

if the message was that women evolve faster, which should be just as inherently ludicrous, anyone else think it might receive a little less mocking?
Not from me. It'd be silly either way.

buuuuut

I think if it were claiming that women evolve faster, many women would be -- even if half-heartedly -- perpetuating the common ignorant ass attitude that men are below them, or "dogs" or inferior in some way.

Our society has such a double standard when it comes to sexist bullshit, in so many ways.

Excellent point you brought up.

...Does it matter?
...Microorganisms evolve faster than humans... by factors in the thousands
...All sexually based life is ruled by genitalia, how else do you account for the planet being ruled by dicks and twats? :D

lol I love how this article was about men being more evolved and yet someone posts about women being sexist.

Hi-larious.

2zz21r8.png

And yet you came out of a vagina. Imagine that.

Lets put it this way, civilization would have died without men. women wouldnt have had the instinct to build or survive in the early stages of the world. i thank you for letting us pop out of your vaginas though. it gave us men the chance to save the world for you women. :usa:

Lets put it this way, civilization would have died without men. women wouldnt have had the instinct to build or survive in the early stages of the world. i thank you for letting us pop out of your vaginas though. it gave us men the chance to save the world for you women. :usa:

Let's also put it this way, civilization would have died without women. And I wouldn't be taking too much credit for the hunters of early human civilization there maniac, because you probably couldn't save a kitten from a tree.

And yet you came out of a vagina. Imagine that.
The vagina though has been virtually unchanged for millions of years. Males on the otherhand had been forced to evolve and adapt rather quickly in order to survive after the of the evolution of female speech.

Let's also put it this way, civilization would have died without women. And I wouldn't be taking too much credit for the hunters of early human civilization there maniac, because you probably couldn't save a kitten from a tree.

LOL

The vagina though has been virtually unchanged for millions of years. Males on the otherhand had been forced to evolve and adapt rather quickly in order to survive after the of the evolution of female speech.

Yeah the penis hasn't evolved that well either. Half the time, if it's not completely microscopic or otherwise useless, it's going off early. :)

Well nowadays i can just use a chainsaw and cut the damn tree down. much easier than back in old days. :smokingiscool:

What's New

5/11/2024
The TMF Art and Story Archives collect some of our communities best creators work in one place!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back