• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

My Thoughts on Fallout 4

tickle gamer

3rd Level Red Feather
Hi all! Well, I finally got to play Fallout 4 for my X-One last night, thought I would share my thoughts on it.

First off, the graphics, just wow. This game looks amazing.

Second, we hit on the control scheme, if you played Fallout 3 or Fallout: New Vegas then the controls will feel like normal, if not, it might take some getting used to. [as for me, I played both 3/NV, so the controls felt like second nature]

Now we come to the game play/story. As far as I can tell [haven’t played much yet] the story line seems to be pretty decent, and the game play flows pretty much seamlessly.

Only one bad thing about it, personalty, I think the controls [while it has the same button map as 3/NV] could stand a little tightening up, it moves so seamlessly that it's hard to do stuff like free-hand [not V.A.T.S] aiming and alike.

I'm way into this game right now, to me it's a perfect Fallout game - it's huge, and wide open.

My only complaint is the lack of sarcasm/humor in the stories. In the previous game there was a small element of tongue-in-cheek, like you'd find some weird little outpost of civilization where everyone acts like they live in a comic book, or the town where when you turn 18 you get banished. This one is playing it more straight, which is fine because it's much better than if they had gone for too much camp. But I wouldn't have minded a few small moments of that sort of thing.

It could also maybe be a little darker. In previous games, you could sell children into slavery, not that I'm endorsing that. This game seems a little more PG-13, like the raiders who have taken over the race track are racing robots instead of like captured settlers, which would be more grimly post-apocalyptic.

I'm not far from Vault 111, at the place with the dude one the balcony [had to start over]. That's one thing I hate about Fallout games, it takes starting and restarting to get the best character for your style of play and that make sense in the game.

Like on Fallout 3, I always tried to start with a character that could disarm the bomb in Megaton first thing, so I could get a house early on [for my item overflow].

But, in 4, there doesn’t seem to be a house for you, or at lest not early on.

How far are you, Jeff?

I do always try to start with an Intelligence level of 8 or 9, little trick I picked up in 3

I'm not a gamer at all but I'm loving this one. Never played any of the others. I agree about the freehand aiming being a bit annoying. I like that you can actually switch from 1st to 3rd person view though.

and, Adding to my last post, I just learned that you can build settlements, sort of in a Minecraft style. That is a big plus for me.

And, to reply to Chicago, I am kind of more a first person player, I do however like to go into 3rd person to see what my character looks like in whatever clothes/armor I have him or her in at a given time.

I'm not far from Vault 111, at the place with the dude one the balcony [had to start over]. That's one thing I hate about Fallout games, it takes starting and restarting to get the best character for your style of play and that make sense in the game.

Like on Fallout 3, I always tried to start with a character that could disarm the bomb in Megaton first thing, so I could get a house early on [for my item overflow].

But, in 4, there doesn’t seem to be a house for you, or at lest not early on.

How far are you, Jeff?

I do always try to start with an Intelligence level of 8 or 9, little trick I picked up in 3

I completed the main quest line, now I'm playing through again with more exploration and sort of ignoring the main quest entirely in favor of seeing what's in every building. :)

I completed the main quest line, now I'm playing through again with more exploration and sort of ignoring the main quest entirely in favor of seeing what's in every building. :)

Ooooo Jeff youre a better man then me. I cant bring myself to finish the main quest. I'm about 100 hours in and I just not made it to the institute. This game is so epic. I'm playing it in 4k so I'm totally immersed. Its suckin the life out of me and making me suck at League of Legends again. Youre right about the humor though this one is a little darker then the others. I go to Borderlands for my epic gamer humor.

I like 3rd person better because I feel like I can see more of my surroundings, especially when getting attacked by multiple enemies.

I have never played any of the others. I have played Skyrim but sadly I didn't finish it. Man though I really do love Fallout though.
From the storyline to just all out exploring. The one thing that kinda ticks me off, are some if not most of the npc Settlers. They are so sarcastic
and not so friendly. After I completed a quest and helped some, I'm puzzled why I would sometimes get such a rude or smart remark from them.
I just wanna blast them really, lol. Other than that, I'm level 28 right now, and I feel like there is still so much to find.

I have never played any of the others. I have played Skyrim but sadly I didn't finish it. Man though I really do love Fallout though.
From the storyline to just all out exploring. The one thing that kinda ticks me off, are some if not most of the npc Settlers. They are so sarcastic
and not so friendly. After I completed a quest and helped some, I'm puzzled why I would sometimes get such a rude or smart remark from them.
I just wanna blast them really, lol. Other than that, I'm level 28 right now, and I feel like there is still so much to find.

That was a great thing about skyrim... with very few exceptions, if someone gave you lip you could kill them for it. :)

Ooooo Jeff youre a better man then me. I cant bring myself to finish the main quest. I'm about 100 hours in and I just not made it to the institute. This game is so epic. I'm playing it in 4k so I'm totally immersed. Its suckin the life out of me and making me suck at League of Legends again. Youre right about the humor though this one is a little darker then the others. I go to Borderlands for my epic gamer humor.

I sort of rushed through it, I wanted to do a straight playthrough to get it out of the way, so I focused on the idea of just finding my son, as if I was Liam Neeson in Taken.

My new character, I deduce, thinks his son has been dead for 200 years and isn't worried about that so it's all about getting the minutemen up and running.

Now I'm just past the part where you kill the first Deathclaw [would have a lot more done, if I hadn't got sick yesterday evening].

In reply to Jeff, That's the same way with me, I'm trying to take in the whole game, I love exploring stuff.

In reply to Chicago, that is the one thing I don't like about 1st person, getting ambushed.

In reply to Meal and Jeff, Yeah, Skyrim is amazing, I have beat it so many times that I've lost count.

That was a great thing about skyrim... with very few exceptions, if someone gave you lip you could kill them for it. :)

I know right. Here I saw some videos on youtube and you can't, so I don't even bother.

Think today I'll work on creating better settlements and fortifying my outposts. I have seen some crazy good ones
done by others, though I'm not that creative, wish I was.

Think today I'll work on creating better settlements and fortifying my outposts. I have seen some crazy good ones
done by others, though I'm not that creative, wish I was.

That's something I'm still trying to get a full grasp on, is the actual building of a shelter/settlement.

On killing people, I was able to kill a Diamond City police officer and take/wear all his ammo and armor with no issue. Rhino told me in past Fallouts you'd get in a scrape or two for killing certain people but yeah, I was still able to go back to Diamond City after. Was worth it for the armor

On killing people, I was able to kill a Diamond City police officer and take/wear all his ammo and armor with no issue. Rhino told me in past Fallouts you'd get in a scrape or two for killing certain people but yeah, I was still able to go back to Diamond City after. Was worth it for the armor

I've not tried to kill any of the non-violent NPC's yet, well, except Codsworth [something about that little robot just makes me mad. LOL], but I'm sure there is a way, judging from all the other Fallout games.

I'm running around using the railway gun sneaking about shooting railroad spikes into people and making jet and selling jet and getting purified water and selling that.

10 out of 10

I like 3rd person better because I feel like I can see more of my surroundings, especially when getting attacked by multiple enemies.

It's crazy what people who have different gaming experiences prefer. Combat I also HAVE to be first person. But I play these games and pretty much spam VATS. You on PC or ps4/xbone?

PS4. I played some stuff as a kid, but kind of stopped after ps2. All the games I can remember from that time and earlier were 3rd person, or at least all the ones I've played. In my head, playing first person is like giving yourself a disadvantage because you can only see what's directly in front of you lol

It's crazy what people who have different gaming experiences prefer. Combat I also HAVE to be first person. But I play these games and pretty much spam VATS. You on PC or ps4/xbone?

Yeah, I agree with Chicago. I own a PS3, and planning to buy a PS4, but some of my favorite games were on PS2.

I was a big fan of Digimon World 2, but I played about all the PS2 games.

I tried not to long ago to get a PS2 emulator, but couldn't get it to work on my PC.

As in answer to Mean, I'm on X-One.

Played it for a week then traded It in so I could blow shit up in Just Cause 3.

What's New

5/8/2024
The final Vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is now ongoing. Visit the GFA forum to vote!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back