• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

NAME AN OBSCURE TOWN OR PLACE.

Onida, South Dakota

It was founded in 1880 by settlers from NY and named almost exactly after the city they came from, Oneida.

Wheat Basin, Montana
Population now 0.
Last surviving structure was a grain elevator that burned down in 1997.

Marked Tree, Arkansas.

So named for a tree located on the bank of the St. Francis River until 1890 that had been blazed to mark a section of the river where Indians could walk about 120 yards across land to reach the Little River and avoid paddling 12 miles upstream.

Marcy, Ohio. It's an extremely small town outside of Lithopolis, where only a diner exists and nothing else but farmland surrounds it.

Rocky Bar, Idaho

Population reached a peak of 2,500 after gold was discovered nearby in 1863.
Destroyed by fire in 1892. Rebuilt, but population declined to 0 by 1970.

Rocky Bar, Idaho

Population reached a peak of 2,500 after gold was discovered nearby in 1863.
Destroyed by fire in 1892. Rebuilt, but population declined to 0 by 1970.

Just searched for it. I like reading about these locations ...

It's not in the U.S., but ...

Igatu - Bahia, Brazil ...

It's a city of the Diamond Age in Chapada Diamantina ("Diamond's Mountain Range"), in the brazilian state of Bahia ...

It's known as "Bahia's Machu Picchu" because of its rock ruins ...

Doodletown, New New York
This revolutionary era city once was a pass-through for travelers to Fort Ticonderoga on the Hudson river. It was abandoned shortly after the war due to war damage incurred from British soldiers marching to through the area to strengthen the fort. scenery along the way.

Doodletown was inhabited until the 1960's. As Bear mountain grew, land was slowly acquired, but the town not fully vacated until 1960's.

Curry Mallet, UK.
It is a small village in England, UK with a population of just over 300 people.

Chillicothe, OH. Location of Ohio's original capitol.

Can't remember the name, but there was also a really good BBQ place there. I hope it's still open.

Dawson, New Mexico
After the coal mine closed in 1950, the town soon became depopulated. Today nothing remains but the cemetery.

Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, village in Wales, UK, is thought to be the longest place name in Europe and second longest in the world.

Friendship, New Jersey
All that remains of this town in the Pine Barrens of New Jersey are a few cellars and foundations.:eek:

What's New

4/29/2024
Check out the TMF Gathering Forums to see who is meeting when and where!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back