• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Nationals Sign Strasburg at the 11th hour

Skinfan87

TMF Expert
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4403920

NEW YORK -- Stephen Strasburg and the Washington Nationals agreed to a contract just before Monday's midnight deadline.

The San Diego State right-hander, being advised by Scott Boras, was selected first by the last-place Nationals in June and was seeking to set the mark for the most money guaranteed to a drafted player. That's been held since 2001 by pitcher Mark Prior, who received a $10.5 million, five-year contract after he was selected with the second pick, behind Joe Mauer.

Strasburg's deal is for four years and $15.67 million, according to Baseball America.

Strasburg was among 16 of 32 first-round picks without announced agreements heading into the final day, and most of them reached deals.

Thank god is all I can say, at least this shows that the Nats mean business when it comes to trying to develop a winner. Can't wait to see this guy play perhaps a little ways away at Potomac before the end of the year.

I can't wait to see another Bor-ASS talent flop out of college

Him and Zimm at the top of the rotation will be pretty nasty in 2 years

Let's hope he's worth the money; the Nationals need something going for them.

Whether this year or next, Nats were getting him since they will have the 1st round pick again

He needed to sign now cuz there would be no legitimate way he would get same if not more money next year

Whether this year or next, Nats were getting him since they will have the 1st round pick again

He needed to sign now cuz there would be no legitimate way he would get same if not more money next year
Not necessarily true...I think Boras was gonna use some kind of loophole to get him free agent status.

Not necessarily true...I think Boras was gonna use some kind of loophole to get him free agent status.

He couldn't, If Strasburg didn't sign, all he could do is play non pro ball, like in Newark. But its another year he'd be older and other than his talent, he is selling his youth as part of the bargaining.

What's New

5/27/2024
Take a moment to think about those that sacrificed all on this Memorial Day.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back