• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

NBA prediction Thread

Wolv420

TMF Novice
NBA starts tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!! i wanted to see who everyone thought would win each division.......conference and championship

Atlantic Winner = Nets
-----------------
Celtics
Nets
Knicks
76ers
Raptors

Central Winner = Pistons Obviously
---------------
Bulls
Cavaliers
Pistons
Bucks
Pacers

Southeast Winner = Heat
------------
Heat
Magic
Wizards
Hawks
Bobcats

Southwest Winner = Rockets
----------------
Mavricks
Rockets
Grizzlies
Hornets
Spurs

Northwest Winner = Jazz
-------------
Nuggets
Timberwolves
Blazers
Sonics
Jazz

Pacific Winner = Suns
------------
Lakers
Clippers
Suns
Kings
Warriors

Eastern Conference Champ = Pistons
Western Conference Champ = Suns

NBA champ = Pistons..........no home town bias involved :cool:

and what is that refering too? :Grrr:

i mean when you break out the fighting words.....you should probably reference something i said so i can make a good reply.

I hope you don't think just because your team made it to the NBA finals ONCE in its franchise history; you all of a sudden are some expert. (how did that finals end btw?)

Last edited:
Uh, rockets winning the west? Thats laughable. I'll take San Antonio there.

The Portland Trailblazers won't be in the playoffs.

But I like Phoenix and Dallas to play in the Western Coference Finals and the winner to beat the Heat.

Krokus said:

yao ming sort of started breaking out last year before his injury and if him and mcgrady can stay healthy they will be a tough duo. I also think luther head will have a better than expected year. They have some good veteran leadership in battier and juwan howard; bonzi wells is a young good player with still room to get better. Mcgrady and yao ming have a ton to prove. Even though they will probably lose the head to head series's vs san antonio and dallas........i think they sneak up on people and win the division.

Here are my predictions.

Atlantic

Nets
Wizards
Celtics
76ers
Knicks

Southeast

Heat
Wizards
Magic
Hawks
Bobcats

Central

Pistons
Cavs
Bulls
Pacers
Bucks

Southwest

Spurs
Mavericks
Grizzles
Rockets
Hornets

Northwest

Nuggets
Jazz
Timberwolves
Supersonics
Trail Blazers

Pacific

Suns
Kings
Clippers
Lakers
Warriors

Western Conference Champion:San Antonio
Eastern Conference Champion: Pistons
NBA Champ: San Antonio

I think that the Lakers will be better than last year, and win 50 games, and that Dallas will be great again, but not make it all the way. As for San Antonio, I think that Tim Duncan and coach Greg P, will carry them all the way, as they did in 1999, and 2003, and that also, Shaq will be injured too often for Miami to make the finals, and they will fall to the Pistons, in the East finals. I also think, that once Hawks forward Marvin Willams comes back from his injury, that Atlanta will surprise everyone, and fight for a playoff spot, if not grab the number 8 spot. Before everyone says I'm crazy, think that they won 13 more games last year than the year before, and, signed point guard Speedy Claxton, who will help their playmaking. 40 or 40 odd wins will get a playoff spot in the East, and, Atlanta has the potential to do that, once everyone gets healthy, and if they can stay healthy. It should be an interesting season, and, it will be interesting also to see, if the Knicks improve enough off their dreadful 23-59 season last year, for coach Isiah Thomas to keep his job.

Mitch

P'S My division predictions also include order of finish. I had a hard time choosing an order of finish for the Pacific, in that everyone is so good in that division. Many predict the Clippers to finish ahead of the Lakers, and, with the Suns being as solid as they are, and the Kings always tough, that's why I picked the Lakers fourth, but, realistically, they could finish anywhere from second to fourth. It depends on how healthy Kobe is, and how much support he has from other players.

Last edited:
Indy Pacers will stun everybody and win it all, and then David Stern in yet another move to remake the sport in his image will ban anyone over 14 from attending a game and put the three point line 2 feet from the basket. Excessive sweating will be considered a flagrant foul and the league will grow by 15 more teams. Of course, people still wont watch it :rotate: :rotate:

Sarcasm. I love it lololol. Actually, I dont really follow the nba much anymore, David Stern has really made a mess of it in my opinion (either that or I've just grown bored with it on my own). I used to. More of an NFL maniac now.

I figure if somebody's gonna win it all it's likely to be between Detroit, Miami or San Antonio. I'd hedge my bets on Miami since they won last year, although Detroit has a good chance if they dont get cocky again, even without Wallace.

I will assure you of this, being a big time Knicks fan, they will SUCK. This, of course, will finally lead to the dimise of Isiah Thomas and then MAYBE the Knicks get back on the right track starting next season. You know, I will go out on the limb here and say in the East it will be the Heat and Pistons playing for the Championship round. This is where I might sound a bit off but I think it will be the Los Angeles Lakers against the Los Angeles Clippers playing for the finals. What do you think of that??? Clippers and Pistons in the finals. Clippers in 7.

maniactickler said:
Wolv, your picking the Spurs to finish last? cant see that happening. :sowrong:

i wasn't predicting the order of how the teams would finish.......i was just listing the teams in no particular order for the people that didn't know which team was in which division

Wolv420 said:
i wasn't predicting the order of how the teams would finish.......i was just listing the teams in no particular order for the people that didn't know which team was in which division

Ok, gotcha.

ah, the NBA season is here. my predictions for the playoffs?

WEST

San Antonio, Dallas, Phoenix, Utah, Lakers, Clippers, Houston, Memphis.

Conference finals: San Antonio vs Dallas

Champion: Dallas

EAST

Detroit, Miami, New Jersey, Indiana, Philadelphia, Milwaukee, Cleveland, Chicago

Conference Finals: Chicago vs Cleveland

Conference Champion: Cleveland. King James makes the finals.

NBA Finals: Dallas vs Cleveland (bad, BAD TV ratings....)

NBA Champion: Dallas Mavericks

opinions:

The Heat will fall to the Cleveland Cavaliers. King James gets past Dwyane Wade's team (not fatboy Shaq's team) and becomes the nation's darling.

Detroit screwed up by letting Ben Wallace go. Flip Saunders is a good coach, but Detroit's run is over.

Chicago is back with a vengeance. of course they will NEVER be as good as Jordan's Bulls, but they are a team to watch out for.

Indiana will be fun to watch, but they dont have enough.

The rest of the East is crappy. the Atlanta Hawks will be the Atlanta Hawks. Allen Iverson will still talk about "practice" and the Knicks will finally get rid of that idiot, Isiah Thomas....good riddance.

in the West, the Clippers will barely make a playoff spot. why? because this is the FIRST TIME since the days of Adam and Eve that the Clippers are EXPECTED to do well. for CENTURIES, they were the "same ol' Clippers". they cant sneak up on anyone like they did last year. teams will take them seriously. can their young squad handle the expectations or can the "Alien" (Sam Cassell) help lead them to playoff glory?

the Spurs and Mavericks are the class of the West as well as the NBA. i think Dallas will find their heart and pull through. The Spurs are the Spurs. efficient and tough. expect a great matchup between these two teams.

Phoenix is a mirage. unless Amare Stoudimire plays well, the Suns will lose again.

The Kings are a dangerous team, but i think they will *just* miss the playoffs. expect Ron Artest to do something this year. positive or negative.

as for my Lakers. we are going to surprise a lot of teams this year. Phil Jackson will show everyone just how great a coach he is and Kobe will show everyone that he is NOT a selfish ballhog, but a TRUE team leader. the key for the Lakers is if Lamar Odom and Kwame Brown plays well, they will be TOUGH to beat. Kobe will get his, but "motivated" Odom provides difficult matchups for teams and if Kwame plays well, look out. plus, the Lakers youth is good with Walton, Farmar, Maurice Evans, Andrew Bynum and Ronny Turiaf. what they lack is that "wily ol' veteran" presence that will probably cost them in the playoffs. NEXT year the Lakers will be a championship contender. mark my words....

Krokus said:

is it still laughable?

laughable would have been picking the dallas mavericks

Wolv420 said:
is it still laughable?

laughable would have been picking the dallas mavericks

It's the beginning of the season. Eventually the Mavs will turn it on and go on a long win streak, Phoenix too.

What's New

5/27/2024
Take a moment to think about those that sacrificed all on this Memorial Day.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back