• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

New WoW Expansion!

Foshizzle

TMF Poster
Making this post for all WoW Players to discuss the new WoW expansion. For me, from an RP perspective it's awesome... some of the changes are a bit questionable, but worgen look bitching and actually give me a reason to play alliance.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/cataclysm/ should have added this in the beginning, it's the website of the new expansion.

Last edited:
Worgen look great, but overall it looks like a good reason for me to save $15 a month.

So far, my opinion is "Eh. Whatever."

I don't know, I mean, despite the fact tauren paladins make... No sense what so ever... the rest of it looks pretty awesome, changing the entire world to fit this part of the storyline. I'm hardcore Horde, but the worgen look awesome, actually have a storyline based around one now, not sure if I'll make him on moonguard, my main server, or wyrmrest. I mean, don't get me wrong, this could be the expansion that ends WoW if they don't take their time and do it right... but if they do, it's gonna be epic.

myea am having a hard time swallowing this, i play wow from day 0 it came out and well to me it's going in a weird way.I love wow, i realy get sucked in the storyline and all.Pvp not goin so good ( alliance ) but it's in all good fun. This exspansion , well now i gotta delete 2 classes to actually be able to play them.Meaby just one since i don't play horde on the server.Anyway i got pros and cons feelings bout it and don't realy know i'f am gonna keep on wowing when d3 or sc2 comes out. good news is i got now bout 4 months to lvl my lats to 80 XD

Diablo three does look amazing, but I hope they have more then three classes and yeah, I have my own pros and cons about the up coming WoW expansions. I've alway liked Warcraft the best out of them though, definetly going to give the expansion a chance. Being Horde though, I might be switching to Allance for the Worgen. Goblins don't look bad but the Worgen is like a dream class for me, being an RPer and all.

I bet at least half of the alliance is going "YES!! HUMAN HUNTERS!" :super_hap

Well Illidian went the way of the arcane, but other then that NE mages still make no sense. Many of the new class combos make no sense at all, Cow pallys, NE mages, Dwarf shammys, Undead hunters (stay away from Hyena and Buzzard pets :p ).

I also greatly dislike the removing of so many stats, like Spell power and such. I don't think that is a needed removal, and it just feels like their trying to design the game for a 13yo audience. I do like the goblin race and their racial abilities, other then that I think this expansion will be the death of WoW, for most of the player base anyway.

Gameplay changes are welcome. I am intrigued by the addition of rated BGs. It would be nice to bring back some of the risk and competition of the arenas back into the battlegrounds. I welcome simplification of stats - at the moment, people have to consult spreadsheets to balance defense and ArPen in particular. I am quite indifferent as to the new races - I have been a night elf fan from day one, and what I can't get as a night elf, I get as human. Neither the worgen nor the goblins pique my interest.

As an RPer, I am absolutely livid about the lore changes, particularly Garrosh leading the Horde (what the heck was Thrall thinking, appointing him leader?), Thrall becoming the new Guardian of Trisfal, and the loss of Alliance territory to the Horde (Ashenvale, Darkshore, Southshore). I am, of course, an Alliance patriot, but these changes really should be questionable to anyone.

At the least, it gives my characters even more of a reason to hate the Horde and take the fight to them. You can bet I will be spending more time in BGs and less in the arenas after this expac. ;p

EDIT: Night elf mages exist - the Highborne - think Shen'dralar. They would be rather rare, but they do exist.

Last edited:
Gameplay changes are welcome. I am intrigued by the addition of rated BGs. It would be nice to bring back some of the risk and competition of the arenas back into the battlegrounds. I welcome simplification of stats - at the moment, people have to consult spreadsheets to balance defense and ArPen in particular. I am quite indifferent as to the new races - I have been a night elf fan from day one, and what I can't get as a night elf, I get as human. Neither the worgen nor the goblins pique my interest.

As an RPer, I am absolutely livid about the lore changes, particularly Garrosh leading the Horde (what the heck was Thrall thinking, appointing him leader?), Thrall becoming the new Guardian of Trisfal, and the loss of Alliance territory to the Horde (Ashenvale, Darkshore, Southshore). I am, of course, an Alliance patriot, but these changes really should be questionable to anyone.

At the least, it gives my characters even more of a reason to hate the Horde and take the fight to them. You can bet I will be spending more time in BGs and less in the arenas after this expac. ;p

EDIT: Night elf mages exist - the Highborne - think Shen'dralar. They would be rather rare, but they do exist.

Anyone who is complaining about the stat changes, I'm sorry to say, doesn't really understand why stats are being changed in the first place; it has a lot to do with the immensely complex nature of Armor Penetration, for one, and the fact that casters are stuck with a nonscalar stat in Intellect that melee DPS don't have to worry about, thus causing scaling issues. That's just the way of it. So I agree that stat simplifying is a good thing and not just a "catering to the casuals" issue, a phrase which people throw around far too often with little meaning. (Language is extremely flexible in WoW, just like in politics. Can you say "cleave"?)

One of the things I've had to argue time and again to different people is that Cataclysm is a needed change to the story. It can't be Warcraft 3 forever, and things are going to have to change sometime. That's why I think the lore moving in new directions is interesting, and furthermore, they (mostly) didn't choose the new class/race combinations haphazardly. For example: Night Elves have a history with the arcane, even if it's taboo in their society. Dwarves are descendants of the Earthen, so it seems, so why wouldn't they be able to be Shaman, who are deeply connected to the earth? Tauren hold a special reverence for the sun, and it's not too far from the Sun to the Light, which opens up both Paladins and Priests. Orc Mages need look no farther than the influence of Medan, and so forth and so on.

As for conquering Alliance towns: all I can say is too bad. =P Garrosh is warlike, and probably a terrible choice for keeping the peace, but in times of turmoil people are much more likely to rally around a strong leader, even if he is a warmonger. Lorewise, it finally breathes life back into the Alliance/Horde conflict, because slaughtering each other over Warsong Gulch and then doing their banking next to each other in Dalaran without so much as a twitch doesn't make much sense to me. And with Varian Wrynn at the helm, the Alliance finally has a leader openly willing to bite back.

I have read that because of the cataclysm, the different races take up new ways to fight (hence the new classes) to survive. So I think the NEs swallow their pride and take up being mages and such.

Damn...no additional hero classes? I was hoping for the Gladiator for the Warrior class. (sniff)

tauren pallies=holy cows. I think It's going to be cool, with the new land scape and everything. Eeryone though blizz would run it w/ the other 2 expensions, but i think they are quite a succes. btw im on elune and im horde, feel free to pst me : P.

I'm looking forward to it. The complete change of the world is something I look forward to, having traversed it many, many times. I'm taking this as an opportunity to start playing legit.

What's New

5/1/2024
The final vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is now open. See the GFA forum for details!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back