• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

NOT FOR EVERYONE! "Will you tell me all your ancient chinese secrets" Susan Lee Chun.

brianspencer66

4th Level Red Feather
NOT FOR EVERYONE! "Will you tell me all your ancient chinese secrets" Susan Lee Chun.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_u6Iyya3Bmc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_u6Iyya3Bmc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

A little more about the above performance piece and the artist.

Written by Michelle Weinberg
The judges for this year’s Optic Nerve festival were Patrick de Bokay, new director of the Miami International Film Festival, Miami artist slash art critic Gean Moreno, and MOCA’s Director slash Chief Curator Bonnie Clearwater. These three individuals bravely subjected themselves to viewing seventy short film and video submissions and then whittled them down to seventeen. The works ranged from pseudo-documentary to performance art, from slick animation to quirky lo-tech effects and hand-drawn efforts. The voices were accomplished, or neophyte, or somewhere in between. In fact, the inclusion of several student works from local artist factories, such as MIU, and recent grads from FIU, was truly welcome.

The judges for this year’s Optic Nerve festival were Patrick de Bokay, new director of the Miami International Film Festival, Miami artist slash art critic Gean Moreno, and MOCA’s Director slash Chief Curator Bonnie Clearwater. These three individuals bravely subjected themselves to viewing seventy short film and video submissions and then whittled them down to seventeen. The works ranged from pseudo-documentary to performance art, from slick animation to quirky lo-tech effects and hand-drawn efforts. The voices were accomplished, or neophyte, or somewhere in between. In fact, the inclusion of several student works from local artist factories, such as MIU, and recent grads from FIU, was truly welcome.

It is the rare student film program that can avoid producing the familiar horror flick, filmed on campus, by “real” student actors. The conventions of this genre are so stable, that the only tension troubling the mind of the viewer is “when does the fake blood appear?” Footsteps, directed by Robert Dionne, did not leave us hanging. The Source, by Javier Gonzales, was so heavily influenced by highly visible South African artist William Kentridge’s signature stop-motion charcoal drawing technique that it was difficult to focus away from that fact. Even the content and imagery for The Source was so tainted by Kentridge, conjuring the ravages of industry on the environment and the water cycle, it has to be classified as homage. Gonzales’ other work, Trike, which manipulates a child’s tricycle through Dr.Caligari-like hallways only to be swallowed by a yawning doorway, was way more original. Hello my name is Bob, Kenneth Greenbaum, began like a sentimental documentary, with a twangy soundtrack and poignant mumbling from a forlorn character, then morphed into an utter mystery.

MOCA purchases a work at each Optic Nerve fest, financed agreeably by Starbucks, that purveyor of caffeine and communal, quasi-public space, both café and internet. This year, with a smidgeon siphoned off from their colossal coffee coffers, MOCA acquired Philip Estlund’s Crossing the Equator, a flick that kept me wondering whether or not the footage was lifted from an episode of mass torture visited on prisoners of war, or a gay male S&M picnic, or an elaborate fraternity/military hazing ritual. What with the gantlet of whipping, in and out of coffins, and baptismal dunkings, it whipped up emotion and left the mind reeling. Estlund otherwise makes photo collages which have a detached, precise quality. In his hands, the moving image can clearly cause greater psychic discomfort than the delicate two-dimensional surprise of a collage.

Discomfort leads us naturally to the entry from artist Susan Lee-Chun, Will You Tell Me All Your Ancient Chinese Secrets?, Which was as grueling as it was comical, and a fascinating turnaround from an artist known in the Miami art scene for her mute public manifestations swathed in camouflage. Will You Tell Me reversed that trend, exposing the artist’s vulnerability and individuality in a visceral way. While restrained and subjected to some sort of physical torture (off screen, but implying sadistic foot tickling) she is interrogated by a voice-over demanding her to confess to the most ridiculous, stereotypical “facts” based solely on her Asian features. The duration of this short work was timed to transfer the sensation of unbearable torture to the audience, and as such, it was clearly a success.
{mospagebreak}
Another short that featured vulnerability in a monologue was Richard Walker’s Successive Inconceivable Events. The

Foot tickling? Sure didn't see any of that. I did see some hands on her sides doing some tickling. For the intense tickle enthusiast this clip was alright. But it really lacked the usual visual features most viewers are used to seeing here. Just my opinion.

Foot tickling? Sure didn't see any of that. I did see some hands on her sides doing some tickling. For the intense tickle enthusiast this clip was alright. But it really lacked the usual visual features most viewers are used to seeing here. Just my opinion.

As explained in the article posted by brianspencer66, this short wasn't made to please tickling fetishists. It's not at all what it's about.

Last edited:
^if you would have read the above comments, you would have known that it wasn't made for fetishists - as The Last Laugh mentioned. pay attention next time.

If nothing else, she's a better actress than some of the ones I've seen in supposedly genuine clips.

Y'know, I've seen that short before; I would agree that I'd have preferred more than just off-screen implied tickling. But hey, that's just what I like in a movie :p

With respect to the movie, though, I guess I didn't get what she was saying. What does being tickled have to do with being asked about stereotypes? What actual events was this even based on?

Susan is an artist making a statement about racial stereotypes. This is not really about tickling at all. Its about cultural scapegoating. Its about cultural barriers. I simply wanted to bring a fresh perspective and saw this as the vehicle in which to channel that expression.

I laughed my ass off. "Do you know where I can get good Chinese food?"

Man, in the few moments where we could see the hands, that was some real and intense tickling!:panic:

^if you would have read the above comments, you would have known that it wasn't made for fetishists - as The Last Laugh mentioned. pay attention next time.

UUUmmmm last time I checked isn't this a tickle fetish site? If it's not made for the fetishist...why bother posting it here. Instead of trying to make others seem foolish....YOU need to look at the bigger picture.

This is definitely one the more interesting videos I've seen. I wouldn't mind finding out how she picked the content of it.

I'll agree with Mr. MacPhisto here. If she's faking, it's one of the best jobs of faking ever.

Last edited:
"Chinese Tickle Torture" itself is a chinese stereotype, maybe that's why.

SHUTTIE!

:YesMaster:

UUUmmmm last time I checked isn't this a tickle fetish site? If it's not made for the fetishist...why bother posting it here. Instead of trying to make others seem foolish....YOU need to look at the bigger picture.

That's why in the title of the thread, in all caps, it says "NOT FOR EVERYONE!"

It is a tickling video clip, and as per the guidelines set forth in the "What is and is not allowed in video clips?" thread, it belongs in this section.

i hate it if victims suffring and howl...cuz being tickled not voluntary -.-

It may not be a sexy video, but I certainly enjoy watching a pretentious art performer get a good tickling! I wish Yoko Ono had done this back when she was cute.

the bigger picture? if it was a waste of your time, then why are you wasting more time complaining about it?

From my standpoint

And if you would read several of the response, like this one, you'd get that many of us really like the clip. It's an interesting presentation of the ideas she wants to convey and does *gasp* involve tickling. I'd be interested in seeing some of her other work, she seems promising as a film maker.

And if you would read several of the response, like this one, you'd get that many of us really like the clip. It's an interesting presentation of the ideas she wants to convey and does *gasp* involve tickling. I'd be interested in seeing some of her other work, she seems promising as a film maker.

EVERYONE and I mean everyone is entitled to their opinion. I never dismissed the clip as a bad presentation. I just thought it lacked the usual content that is normally posted here. That being said......It did have it's interesting points but it did leave me looking for more than it had. I know many people had that same feeling as well from the many replies you spoke of. The title does hold its merit by saying "not for everyone". That meaning could apply in various ways....it could mean it doesn't have what usual tickling clips have...or it could refer to its brutal nature of the clip. Whatever the case I only meant to say it wasn't what I was used to seeing posted here in the clips section. If you and many others found it appealing...then great. But I can tell that many others were kinda put off by it. Either way we all have the right to voice our opinions without having condesending individuals ridicule others thoughts. You can disagree...but you don't have to be an ass about it.......Not refering to you Doctor ok.

What's New

5/11/2024
The TMF Art and Story Archives collect some of our communities best creators work in one place!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back