• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Nuclear catastrophe

wooyeah

Im curious if anyone else feels like this nuclear disaster is going to be more catastrophic than the media and japanese experts are suggesting at the moment. I understand that over estimating the damage and getting everyone horrified of radiation poising, is not the best thing to do if you want to maintain order in the society. However, my instinct is telling me that we are in huge danger and that much of japan and much of our oceans eco system will be horribly destroyed. Does anyone know where I can find accurate information that would help me better understand nuclear disasters. I am Not going to rely on media for information.

Well, the US dropped two nuclear bombs on Japan during World War II. How did that effect us?

Im curious if anyone else feels like this nuclear disaster is going to be more catastrophic than the media and japanese experts are suggesting at the moment. I understand that over estimating the damage and getting everyone horrified of radiation poising, is not the best thing to do if you want to maintain order in the society. However, my instinct is telling me that we are in huge danger and that much of japan and much of our oceans eco system will be horribly destroyed. Does anyone know where I can find accurate information that would help me better understand nuclear disasters. I am Not going to rely on media for information.

The problem with any informed source on this issue is that it's utterly complex and can't be written up in a timely 2 page article. The people in the media, god help them, are trying to do the best they can but they have no idea what they're talking about. Group up complexity with people whose closest encounter with radiological engineering and biophysics is their recent trip to get their hand X-rayed and you've got the makings of hysteria without cause.

There's no chance the oceans eco system will even notice. The oceans are vast beyond comprehension. The reactor can probably fit on a couple of semis. Ocean wins.

Where do people get this irrational fear of radiation??? It's not some cartoon super entity that spreads destroying everything in it's path once it's let loose.

Socktickler86,

You mean we won't die off like in Fantastic Four's: Rise of the Silver Surfer?
Damn you Marvel Comics! I'm going back to DC Comics. LOL!

Damn, I was hoping to see my dick glow in the dark.

The problem is more involved than much of what's been reported. But, a good deal of this is simply because the information we're getting from the source is not dependable. The company running the complex is continuing to attempt to save face rather than fessing up to what's going on and allowing others to help. IMO, they should have given others more of a chance to help. But, it has gotten to the point where there's only so much they'll be able to do.

Are WE in danger here in the states? I don't think so. The biggest threat we face is from contaminated food supply. That's being closely monitored. So, we should be fine there. I'd be more concerned if the volcano was still erupting since it would give the radiation something to adhere to and travel further. As it is, the radiation reaching us should be very minimal.

As for the people of Japan, I'm afraid they'll be facing the fallout (no pun intended) of this for generations to come.

I just read that the FDA is banning milk, vegetables, and fruit from the area where the nuclear accident happened.

Let's just remember, the nuclear industry unlike any other industry is hypersensitive to public safety and public image. Regulatory agencies will throw out massive numbers of products if there's even a chance someone might feel there is something wrong with it when it comes to radiation, justifiable or not.

People will be able to return back to the site of the nuclear plant soon enough, it's just a question of if they'll want to. There's massive differences between Chernobyl and what is going on in Japan. In Chernobyl, the actual reactor exploded sending radioactive sources everywhere. The Japanese reactor's explosions only breached the shielding. It's bad, but you're not spreading sources into the ground like at Chernobyl.

The worry is the people who are working there trying to fix the problem. They are true heroes that very well may be giving their lives up to save countless others.

What's New

5/19/2024
There will be Tivia in our Chat Room this Sunday evening at 11PM EDT! Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back