• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Numerology?

Mitchell

Level of Coral Feather
Those who know me, and have read my posts, know that I believe in astrology, at least somewhat. My aunt is an astrologer.

I also have to wonder if there is another link to this.. numerology, and if it is.. coincidence.. or fact.

Everything in regard to my mom.. added up to the number 11.

Her birthday, as those who have read my posts know.. was January, 19, 1938. 1-19-38.

1 plus 1 plus 9= 11

3 plus 8=11

My mom's age at death: 74
7+4=11.

My aunt the astrologer.. gets very upset/agitated, when she talks about the 12th house, which means bad things, supposedly, in astrology. Her bday. 1-2-48. 1 and 2 are 12, and 4 +8=12

For me: My "Lucky Numbers" when I play the horses (Sometimes, and borrowed from my parents.. are 1, 3, 6).

My birthday of course 1-23. a 1 and a 3 in my bday, and the numbers of my bday,
1+ 2 +3 =6

My favorite station in Philadelphia- Channel 6.

My two favorite baseball players of all time.. Dale Murphy, and Greg Maddux. Dale Murphy wore number 3 for the Braves, and Greg Maddux number 31. Our long time manager, Bobby Cox.. wore number 6 of course.

Tom Glavine and John Smoltz: Glavine wore number 47, and Smoltz number 29. 4+7=11. and 2+9=11. One already is in the Hall of Fame, the other likely will be next year.

I don't know if these numbers mean anything.. it just seems.. weird is all.

Is there something to numerology?

Thoughts?

IMHO there is nothing to numerology.
You can inevitably find many coincidences when playing with small whole numbers (1 to 20).

Some years ago, I chose a cell number with 666 on it to make spammers hesitate to contact me.

Factually there is nothing to numerology. It is the hobgoblin for those of us with OCD, I have obsessions with number 6 for some reason. :shrug:

Factually there is nothing to numerology. It is the hobgoblin for those of us with OCD, I have obsessions with number 6 for some reason. :shrug:

If you are going to have an obsession with some natural number, then six is clearly the perfect smallest choice. :rowfull:

Another numerology.. oddity.

My favorite newscaster in Philly, of course, is Jim Gardner.

His bday.,. 5-17

5+1=6 If you had all the numbers of his birthday together, they equal 13. Which technically means, two of the numbers added together in his bday, 5 and 1, equal 6, and all three numbers added together, give the combination of my lucky numbers., 1, 3, 6.

Maybe none of this means anything at all, but it's just odd.

Well I think there is as much to numerology as there is to astrology: zero.... or at least there is absolutely not enough evidence for a belief in it to be justified in my opinion. There is a very nice saying: correlation does not imply causation. That means, that just because you find some odd coincidences about numbers or star constellations, it does not mean, that they somehow have an influence on your life. You can make thousands of unrelated events appear related. Just look at this funny article to see what I am trying to get at http://www.businessinsider.com/spurious-correlations-by-tyler-vigen-2014-5 :)

What's New

4/27/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest clip store! Get details by clicking the C4S banners
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back