• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

ok- time for a RANT!

ticklemepls

Verified
Alright, really? ENOUGH IS ENOUGH PEOPLE! Now, I KNOW there are plenty of other females (and males who at least understand this) who agree with what I'm about to rant about, but I'm good and annoyed, so I don't care at this point who agrees and who doesn't.

Digichat has become nothing more than a circus of people starting cyber wars on everyone else. It's ridiculous! I have friends to which I go into digichat to speak with. For the most part, we can all get along and be having a great convo and it takes 1 troll to start a war.

Lemme let ya'll in on a secret.. there's these things.. they're called PROFILES... digichat- has them! :thumbsup: READ THE PROFILES BEFORE YOU JUST PC SOMEONE! Most of us who don't care to cyber, or be pc'd without asking put this information in the profile for that reason. When you have to stop and ask people NOT to pc you again without asking, it causes an uproar in the room. I understand some people don't see the big deal in pcing without asking-GOOD FOR THEM! The rest of us, it's :

1) simple manners (yes, people have those) and being polite
2) IT'S A RULE OF DIGICHAT
3) some of us simply don't like to pc period
4) some of us don't like to pc with someone until we know them more in main chat first....

And yes, I am fully aware there is 1) an ignore button and 2) I could avoid going into digichat... the point is I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO! It seems as though people who don't lay down and play doormat are being pegged as people who are 'bitchy', 'rude', or my favorite 'trolls'. I'm honestly none of the above- unless you upset me then yes, I will become 'bitchy'. However, those that do KNOW me, also know that if someone pc's me without asking my response in main room is always '... and again ASK BEFORE you pc me' (for the most part). Somehow the person that did the pcing then gets all offended and starts a huge nagging war back and forth... IT'S SIMPLE PEOPLE- respect- that's what it all comes down to. Women are fairly simple to please... you show us respect by being polite and asking and actually talking to us and not trying to just beat off and be creepy- you gain respect back .. I happen to know several guys here off the top of my head that are amazing people who understand this concept, they've become good friends of mine- the rest of you who need lessons in manners, talk to one of them!

Jeff, Brandon, Davey, Adam, Dani, Dave...

I could keep going but you get the picture....

I know this rant will not change these people- I'm not completely stupid trust me... but at the same time, I'm fed up for having a mark on my back just because people are rude and can't seem to understand the concept of manners. Which, as well all know goes further than just digichat. I swear sometimes this place is worse than high school... you're pegged for being a jerk or whatever just for simply being friends with someone YOU understand and get that other people don't... here's a thought, instead of judging people you don't know and listening to what other people say- FORM YOUR OWN OPINIONS... get to KNOW them first... just a thought? :shrug:

I know there will be people to say I just wasted however long typing this out, and it makes me a bitch for venting it... but y'know, I'm not the only one that thinks it! I'm not looking for responses really, I don't care if people do or not... I just felt the need to vent- so I did ....:typerhappy: :serenity:

:ty: have a nice day :)

It's your name. It invites people. Any and all people. If you're tired of that kind of attention, you should change your name.

It's your name. It invites people. Any and all people. If you're tired of that kind of attention, you should change your name.

1) its not just me
2) again, it's not the point. I shouldn't HAVE to change my name... I fill out the profile in digichat, it's as simple as READING it before you pc someone... what is so hard to understand about this? :shrug:

the problem with that is, what feminine handle DOESN'T invite creepers? really? you step foot into chat with the name Lorie, you're gonna get harassed too. it's a challenge simply to find a nonassuming, non, yknow, guyish handle to change to

the problem with that is, what feminine handle DOESN'T invite creepers? really? you step foot into chat with the name Lorie, you're gonna get harassed too. it's a challenge simply to find a nonassuming, non, yknow, guyish handle to change to

but then i'll be accused of trying to come off as a guy! or my favorite.. someone claiming im really a guy pretending to be a chick!

w..wait wait wait wait WAIT..you're NOT a dude pretending to be a chick!? ..all..all these times..and i thought..oh god..oh, oh god..

There are lots of douches out there who want to get their jollies off but when rebuffed, think that entitles them to cause drama and trouble. It's retarded. It's a huge reason why many women don't go in the chatroom at all. Hell, I don't even fill out the profile in the chatroom when I go in for trivia or else I'll be hounded by unsolicited PCs. With my name most people think dude until they read my profile and learn I'm in fact a chick. It's "OMG, a female, gotta ask her every inappropriate question possible". :facepalm:

If someone's harassing you or causing trouble, it's best to ignore and report them to the mods.

Um, it's not as simple as that. People shouldn't have to change their names in order to stop harassment. No one when they sign up purposely pick a name that would draw unwanted attention.

I don't want to see a tirade/venting/anything-that-belongs-in-a-blog at the top of the General Discussion any more than you want to see a little extra line in the chat window that just so happens to be pale yellow instead of gray, which disappears after like 8 lines anyway.

Yeah, profiles should be read, and "no pc's" should be respected especially when it's in the profile. But other than that, even when it's not in your profile, PC-ing always gets lumped in with the creepiness, feet questions, and general "lack of respect" that everyone complains about. When people do ask to PC in the main room, it gets ignored all the time. Some people like to only PC and don't even look at the main room when they're chatting. Asking in the main room isn't going to get their attention.

I usually hear in these arguments "act like you would in real life, or at a bar." I don't ask to say hi to someone in real life. If i do say hi, people tend to not spaz out on me. And nobody in real life writes "don't bother me" on their forehead.

im goin to solve this like i have solved every problem in life fro everyone else.... *xplodes everything!* :D

nah but for real ppl wont stop doing it and ppl wont stop complainin bout it... its a never ending cycle and to be honest the best way to go bout it in my own opinion is to ignore it or just dont give a fuck and dont let somethin bother u nemore. Mandy i loves u and u should try it not giving a fuck is aaaaawesome!

I don't want to see a tirade/venting/anything-that-belongs-in-a-blog at the top of the General Discussion any more than you want to see a little extra line in the chat window that just so happens to be pale yellow instead of gray, which disappears after like 8 lines anyway.

Yeah, profiles should be read, and "no pc's" should be respected especially when it's in the profile. But other than that, even when it's not in your profile, PC-ing always gets lumped in with the creepiness, feet questions, and general "lack of respect" that everyone complains about. When people do ask to PC in the main room, it gets ignored all the time. Some people like to only PC and don't even look at the main room when they're chatting. Asking in the main room isn't going to get their attention.

I usually hear in these arguments "act like you would in real life, or at a bar." I don't ask to say hi to someone in real life. If i do say hi, people tend to not spaz out on me. And nobody in real life writes "don't bother me" on their forehead.

then... DONT READ IT- not the first time someone has vented in the general topics section- THATS WHAT ITS FOR! and i hate to break it to you- but if someone says 'ASK before you pc- and they're CHATTING IN THE MAIN ROOM' obviously they're paying attention to the main room... if a chick ignores you, obviously they DONT want to talk to you- common sense.

This thread could've easily been posted in 2004. Depressing. Nothing ever changes here.

This thread could've easily been posted in 2004. Depressing. Nothing ever changes here.

Same shit, different day...it really is a shame but it comes with the territory being the internet and all... X_X.

I'm not sure I can or have anything to post of major relativity to the rant, what I do know is that the creepers of the chat room are about as constant as the xs, ys and zs in a math problem. (Sorry for the nerdy reference, I'm shocked myself) I have a friend who's had similar problems with chat rooms and the only thing that I could honestly tell my friend to do was to do your best and ignore them, though I agree it is easier said then done. If it comes to a point where you feel it's become harrassing or, god forbid, you feel unsafe in any way, shape or form then you should inform the mods. (ie. the Right Honourable Myriads whom wields a mighty boom stick! :p ) It won't solve the greater problem of a lack of courtesy and etiquette amongst those who pc at will but, at the very least, it makes people with "administrative responsibilities" (suspension/ban privileges) aware of those certain people and dialogue on further action can be undertaken.

Charles Swindoll, IMO, provides two quotes perfectly suited for what I am trying to get across:

“Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it”

and

“We cannot change our past. We can not change the fact that people act in a certain way. We can not change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude.”

Be that better person! The PCs will always happen in the chats whether we lilke it or not...but if someone really pisses you off with it, take a breath and message a mod, talk to a friend, vent as you did (awesome btw! :D ) whatever you need or want to keep ya calm and grounded. (Cliched, but it does work)

You strike me as a pretty grounded and fun person so I really hope you won't find yourself in a situation where you have to rant about this again in the near future. :D

I had a very similar handle back in the old AOL chat days. It did tend to attract a good deal of attention...wanted and unwanted. But, you're absolutely correct. People really should be more polite. It's not likely to happen. But, they still should. lol I rarely go to chat. But, when I do and someone PCs without asking, I either ignore it or respond telling them to ask permission before PCing....and then say no if they're at all snotty about it.

I had a very similar handle back in the old AOL chat days. It did tend to attract a good deal of attention...wanted and unwanted. But, you're absolutely correct. People really should be more polite. It's not likely to happen. But, they still should. lol I rarely go to chat. But, when I do and someone PCs without asking, I either ignore it or respond telling them to ask permission before PCing....and then say no if they're at all snotty about it.

my response to unwanted pc's is almost always 'ASK before you pc as it states in my profile please' .... and somehow, *I* look like the jerk... go figure :shrug: like i said, i'm not a complete bonehead- i knew it wouldn't change anything, but I feel better :)

What's New

5/11/2024
The TMF Art and Story Archives collect some of our communities best creators work in one place!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back