• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Personal Attacks

Slander. Do you know what the word slander means? Let me help you out:
The action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.

I'm glad you understand slander. I do to. I guess though i should have used Libel, given that libel is written as oposed to spoken. My bad.

Besides who uses the newspaper as an example for making a point about personal attacks on internet forums?

I do. Tada!

No. But you completely missed my point there.
My point is BECAUSE the poster doesn't know the OP's whole story the OP shouldn't take it as a personal attack.
What the poster does when he/she finds out the OP doesn't agree with them is a completely different topic.

So, your saying that attack's upon people shouldn't count, because they don't know you, and you don't know them? Well, thats very convienant. You're saying you can say whatever you want about a person, and because you haven't met them, or the aren't on your facebook, it gives you a safezone, or buffer.

yeah, meme. Very well thought out.

So, your saying that attack's upon people shouldn't count, because they don't know you, and you don't know them? Well, thats very convienant. You're saying you can say whatever you want about a person, and because you haven't met them, or the aren't on your facebook, it gives you a safezone, or buffer.

First I have to explain slander to you and now Freedom of Speech?

I love how you twist everything I say around.
I never said it shouldn't count... I said it shouldn't be taken as a PERSONAL attack. PERSONAL is the key word.
Let me make it bigger for you this time so you don't miss it: PERSONAL.

I used Facebook as an example for something being considered a personal attack via an internet forum.
It's really not that complicated. You don't know the person, the person does not know you, so it's not personal. It's just an uneducated comment towards a random stranger on the internet. That is why the OP should not take it personally.
And where you got the words "safezone" and "buffer" is beyond me.

yeah, meme. Very well thought out.
It was fitting for how dumb your reply to me was.

Isn't that kind'a like saying that cyber bulling doesn't kill people? Don't get me wrong, a thick skin is good. Sadly, not everybody has as thick a skin.

I've known about bullying long before the internet; I haven't seen ANYTHING close to what I had to endure so IMHPO, folks need to get a thicker skin or stay off the net. Some people are way too self absorbed to remove themselves from cyber drama. No and it's NOT the end of the world either so someone killing themselves over something on the internet is unnecessarily sad to me.

It also depends on my mood too; what am I in the mood to spend my energy on? How much time do I want to invest in an issue in cyberspace? Sometimes I'll joust and parry (usually because I'm bored and need amusement), but when kis is done with an issue, she is done and will stop in midstream leaving them with the ever-illusive "last word." They'll realize after a couple of days that I didn't respond......which also means that I didn't care enough to respond. They can deal with that any way they want!

Why does it have to be pages? There is no litmus test for personal, to my knowledge.

Maybe I'm just cut from a different cloth.......I've learned not to take anything in cyberspace seriously. I have a real life with real family and friends who know and love me (sometimes in spite of myself). And guess what? I've learned over time not to give too much of a damn what they think of me either. Then again, I rarely share my personal business with them. If folks really knew how I like to "get down" half of them would never speak to me again and the other half couldn't look a me with a straight face. I keep my private business to myself, thank you very much.

Sadly for some, the consequences never come their way.

Consequences ALWAYS come cosmo; you might not get to see them, but it's cyclical. It would be great to get to see them suffer, but the best thing to do is to get on with your life and make the best that you can make of it. To me, that's the best revenge! Let the universe take care of the rest; I've learned over time that the Creator can get justice much better than I can. I'm not a vengeful or vindictive person anyway; I can't spend the energy in it-got better things to do.

If one can't stand the heat, get out of the internet kitchen! Now I'm not void of compassion of their plight, especially if one's a teenager. A teenager thinks the world will end because of bullying; it won't end, the bullying will stop, and ten years later the bully won't even remember (or account for) what he/she did in the first place. Don't ever give ANYONE that much power over your life; move forward as best as you can and eventually you'll make a meaningful life for yourself and all the bullies can go to hell.

Or of course, you can stay stuck in the crap and make your enemies right......huh??

And another thing.....

There was a time when I did waste a lot of time and energy caring what people in cyberspace think. There was even a time when I concerned myself what people in this very forum thought of me. People that I may NEVER see in my lifetime.......worrying about what they think of me has to have been some of my most unproductive time wasting ever.

I've gotten older and hopefully wiser; at my age now I really don't give a shit! Sorry, and I don't mean to be disrespectful, but it's true. I just don't care......hell I'll give my "enemies" instructions to the ignore list and tell them to add my name to it because I will NEVER stop saying what I think and feel even if I'm the only one who does it. If someone doesn't like it, don't friggin' read it!

Now I'm done.....at least I think so. Here are some dancing bunnies for my entertainment and amusement. :DanceBun2: :DanceBun2: :DanceBun2: :DanceBun2:

This notion of personal attacks. In my opinion it's a greatly exaggerated "tragedy." Aimee debunked it pretty thoroughly, but I'll add a cent or two.

The nightly newscasts are full of violent acts that human beings perpetrate on one another. We've got shooting, slaying, bludgeoning, rape, stabbing, disembowelment, decapitation, etc. The list goes on, and yet what is society focusing on? School bullying? Cyber bullying? Child obesity?? Seriously??

With all the crazy shit going down on America's streets, it's a little hard to get excited about somebody calling somebody else an asshole on the internet. One of the first things we're taught in kindergarten is about sticks and stones, am I right? Name-calling and insults only have the effect you let it have.

The term "attack," when used to describe textual insults over cyberspace is a deliberately exaggerative term, designed to rally sympathy. If you claim you were criticized, offended or insulted, most people will shrug and tell you to get over it. But if you call it an "attack," placing yourself in the role of a "victim," that increases the chances of people sympathizing with your "plight."

So yeah, I snicker a little bit and roll my eyes every time I see the phrase "personal attack."

Anger issues taken to the Internet. Amusing and pathetic at the same time.

The internet is the most honest form of human interaction in our society. Sure there are people that put up false fronts, but not nearly as many here then in person. When you meet someone in person you have no idea what kind of person they are for weeks, maybe even months. The internet lays it all out on the line. Its a gift and a curse in my opinion. You ask why there are so many personal attacks on the internet or this forum, I say society. Truth be told I havent noticed a lot of personal beefs and vendettas on this particular forum. Sure something pops up every now and then, but thats just life my friend. Focker out.

But seriously...
How can you call anything on the internet (this forum especially) "personal" attacks.
You don't know me.
I don't know you.
You know nothing about me.
So if you are taking something that is said to you by a complete stranger personally...then...uhm...I suggest you leave the internet.
When somebody says something about me that is both entirely false and highly defamatory, then I will take it personally. And I will hate that person as well as putting him or her on my Ignore List. But I am not leaving.

When somebody says something about me that is both entirely false and highly defamatory, then I will take it personally. And I will hate that person as well as putting him or her on my Ignore List. But I am not leaving.

Eh, difference of opinion then.

It's easy to say that it's the internet so who gives a fuck, but being a member now about a decade, I do put some weight on the opinions of others I've become familiar with or have even met in person, even if I am not close with them, as they are more than just a name on a screen, they are a person.

If it is some random screen name I don't know, then yeah, I won't think twice about it, but honestly, some of the people who I have met on here, really need to grow up based on the posts I've seen as of late. When I see someone that's somewhat active in the community acting like an asshole, it definitely affects my opinion of them.

But I hope they don't give a fuck, because sometimes it's really entertaining to see people make themselves look like idiots. Do you, babyboo.

How do you transcribe somebody as an "idiot"? If I read a post that is just personal, and they do not violate private-property rights; I do not mind carrying a conversation that will lead to nowhere in the end. Progress, is about expanding thoughts, theories, ideas... If you think you own the world and humanity; I have no problem saying, "Yes! You deserve to die as soon as possible!"

In the absence of peers, no one is an idiot.

Last edited:
I was referring to the personal insults and general flaming I've been seeing a lot. I think engaging in that kinda behavior makes a person look like an asshole / idiot.

I've been floating around this forum since I was like 16-18 somewhere, so a bit over a decade. I think originally starting on an old cheap forum before it transitioned over to this one. This is one of the most tame forums you'll EVER come across. Basically people getting pissed when they found out girls were really guys posing, shit from the chat room here and there, Mitchell, and of course my post right now for singling someone out. I should be ashamed.

Some people have really unpopular opinions but in most cases it never seems to be blown too far out of proportion. Just remember: If you put a bunch of strangers together for any reason, whether on an internet forum, or in real life, it's nearly guaranteed that someone will have a problem with someone else. It's unreasonable to expect everyone to get along.

Mitchell, and of course my post right now for singling someone out. I should be ashamed.
-Speedbump

Too late... :p

Some people have really unpopular opinions but in most cases it never seems to be blown too far out of proportion. Just remember: If you put a bunch of strangers together for any reason, whether on an internet forum, or in real life, it's nearly guaranteed that someone will have a problem with someone else. It's unreasonable to expect everyone to get along.

There is 100% truth here... :)

I've been floating around this forum since I was like 16-18 somewhere, so a bit over a decade. I think originally starting on an old cheap forum before it transitioned over to this one. This is one of the most tame forums you'll EVER come across. Basically people getting pissed when they found out girls were really guys posing, shit from the chat room here and there, Mitchell, and of course my post right now for singling someone out. I should be ashamed.

^I agree!
And how well thought out and nicely worded!
Some people should take tips from you.

This really is a tame forum and I think the people who feel they are being personally attacked or whatever the case may be...need to not spend so much time on the TMF. Or just stop being overly-sensitive to other people's opinions. Just sayin'.

Some people are overly sensitive and do need to relax, but when I see people that are active in the community acting like douche bags, I can only imagine how welcome/comfortable new members may feel navigating around for the first time or deciding whether to de-lurk and get to know some people, etc. Probably not very.

Some people are overly sensitive and do need to relax, but when I see people that are active in the community acting like douche bags, I can only imagine how welcome/comfortable new members may feel navigating around for the first time or deciding whether to de-lurk and get to know some people, etc. Probably not very.

Yeah I know someone that made me feel that way when I first started posting on this forum.
Luckily I didn't take it personally.

People make mistakes for sure. The hope being that they learn from those mistakes. I know I have made some in my decade here, but like I said before, I do care about some peoples' opinions here and I'm really over being the troublemaker just for lolz.

Woo maturity ftw.

People make mistakes for sure. The hope being that they learn from those mistakes. I know I have made some in my decade here, but like I said before, I do care about some peoples' opinions here and I'm really over being the troublemaker just for lolz.

Woo maturity ftw.

You can call it maturity if you want... but ever since I've started posting here again you keep making snide and indirect comments about me and it's freaking annoying. I've chosen to ignore them... but you crossed the line with the ones in this thread.

You are acting like you are some "defender" of the forum.
If you don't agree with something I've said then direct it towards me instead of making your "mature" general comments.
If you were really over being a troublemaker we would not be having this discussion right now.
You are the same AnnieHall that I saw back in 2008. Nothings changed about you.

lol wut?

I was talking about all the madness lately. Between the Mitch threads, which really disturbed me after a while (granted, I was harsh in some of my comments, I did start to realize I was doing nothing to help) and then Bound's thread where everyone jumped on him for being a creep and / or stupid, and the pedos and trolling in the chatroom.

Honestly did not have you in mind lately. Apologies if somehow it seemed that I did. I really never have had a problem speaking my mind, so this is weird lol.

I also don't consider myself the "defender" of the forum, but I do care about it because I have made some very close friends here over the years and knowing what it means to them and the hard work they put into it, yeah, I give a shit.

lol wut?

I was talking about all the madness lately. Between the Mitch threads, which really disturbed me after a while (granted, I was harsh in some of my comments, I did start to realize I was doing nothing to help) and then Bound's thread where everyone jumped on him for being a creep and / or stupid, and the pedos and trolling in the chatroom.

Honestly did not have you in mind lately. Apologies if somehow it seemed that I did. I really never have had a problem speaking my mind, so this is weird lol.

I also don't consider myself the "defender" of the forum, but I do care about it because I have made some very close friends here over the years and knowing what it means to them and the hard work they put into it, yeah, I give a shit.

Okay. Whatever you say.

What's New

5/31/2024
The TMF Chat Room is always busy. Stop in and see who is about!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back